Mulberry in CV or Mendocino at SG

Mendocino Phase 14 Just Released - As expected significant bump up for no house view in front.

Plan 1 - 888,200
Plan 2 - 940,500 to 943,000
Plan 3 - 973,800

Phase 13 was:

Plan 1 - 863,600
Plan 2 - 913,400
Plan 3 - 931,400 to 946,400

Base price increased from $7,100 to $7,500 for plans 1, 2, and 3.  Same for Plan 2X.

Wow,  $973,800 for Mendocino plan 3!

If you prefer Stonegate and with Mendocino's price climbing close to 1 million, you might want to check out Arcadia which opens June 29.  I have hear a lot of good things about Tri-Point Homes. 

Goriot said:
Mendocino Phase 14 Just Released - As expected significant bump up for no house view in front.

Plan 1 - 888,200
Plan 2 - 940,500 to 943,000
Plan 3 - 973,800

Phase 13 was:

Plan 1 - 863,600
Plan 2 - 913,400
Plan 3 - 931,400 to 946,400

Base price increased from $7,100 to $7,500 for plans 1, 2, and 3.  Same for Plan 2X.

Wow...that's way too much.  I much rather get the plan 3 at Magnolia for $20Ks more.

lnc said:
Wow,  $973,800 for Mendocino plan 3!

If you prefer Stonegate and with Mendocino's price climbing close to 1 million, you might want to check out Arcadia which opens June 29.  I have hear a lot of good things about Tri-Point Homes.

Yup, I got on their interest list.  They said they will get people prequalified probably in the next 1-2 weeks.  The houses start in low $1million, but not sure what that LOW means.  Could be anything <$1.25mm.  I am already stretched on budget with Mendocino  >:D

Wow! Received a call today from Mendocino Stonegate.  Locking in the lot soon with a deposit.  Park view in front and no house on the back.

Thanks for all your inputs and feedback.  I am a happy camper today :D

Goriot said:
Wow! Received a call today from Mendocino Stonegate.  Locking in the lot soon with a deposit.  Park view in front and no house on the back.

Congrats, Goriot! That's fantastic news!

Congratulations!

We just found out that we are pre-approved for Mulberry, but we have no idea how far down on the list we are, which is very discouraging since my significant other really likes it and wants a plan one badly for the private game room/california garage option and additional optional loft.  We aren't concerned about freeway noise or pollutants...we live currently in Corona Del Mar where there are so many construction sites (there's one in the lot right next to us) on our block that there is a film of dirt covering our house all the time, on the windows, on our roof deck, it even gets into our loge.  Not to mention the sound of jackhammers all the time. Mulberry's position is nothing to us, ha. I can handle a little freeway swoosh.

We have been looking and waiting a long time to find something good, I feel like it's getting hopeless unless you have a suitcase of cash. This seems so ridiculous that you have to beg people to buy a home...

bella said:
Congratulations!

We just found out that we are pre-approved for Mulberry, but we have no idea how far down on the list we are, which is very discouraging since my significant other really likes it and wants a plan one badly for the private game room/california garage option and additional optional loft.  We aren't concerned about freeway noise or pollutants...we live currently in Corona Del Mar where there are so many construction sites (there's one in the lot right next to us) on our block that there is a film of dirt covering our house all the time, on the windows, on our roof deck, it even gets into our loge.  Not to mention the sound of jackhammers all the time. Mulberry's position is nothing to us, ha. I can handle a little freeway swoosh.

We have been looking and waiting a long time to find something good, I feel like it's getting hopeless unless you have a suitcase of cash. This seems so ridiculous that you have to beg people to buy a home...

Good luck!

Goriot said:

That's so awesome, you got one of the best site in the Mendocino.  Congratulations!!

bella said:

If you wait a little longer for the Mulberry, Mulberry's extension site mentioned herehttp://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3868.0.htmlhave very attractive home sites.  The lot here are 2 feet deeper than the lot at the original site, they are right next to the big Cypress Grove Park, and there are two cul-de-sac here which is very rare for Irvine Pacific homes.  They will probably starts of offer home here starting phase 5.  There will be total of 94  Mulberry homes (23 plan 1, 30 plan 2, & 41 plan 3) to be build at this extension site.  After they sold all 94 homes at this site, they will go back to sell rest of the homes at the original site. 

There are plenty of Mulberry homes available, you will get one soon or later.  Just check out the few homes located at the end of cul-de-sac and right next to the park, they could be yours. 

Hope you will have a happy ending just like Goriot.

Goriot said:

So they just call you up out of the blue after 4 months?

test said:
Goriot said:

So they just call you up out of the blue after 4 months?

Actually, they told me it might take longer few weeks ago so I was expecting a call in few more phases.  I told them I will take whatever plans I can get first so they called me today.  But, I guess many people decided to pass on this phase as higher base price and the double premiums of $40k to $50k (front and back no houses) hit their budgets.  I got the last lot for this phase with other lots already taken.

bella said:
Congratulations!

Hi Bella,

Just FYI, Mulberry have been releasing phases so much faster then other communities.  I believe they are trying to fill up those lots faster and give some relief to the Stonegate priority list.  I have been getting a call from their sales rep. every other week for a new phase release since the Grand Opening.  The sales rep. actually called me this Friday night that they will be releasing another phase soon and asked me to lock in one of the lots.  That's a 3rd call since the Grand Opening on May 4th and I was in from the 2nd phase.  I guess this will be the 4th phase in only 5/6 weeks.

They are moving through the priority list pretty quickly so you will get your turn so Good Luck!  I hate that they are increasing the price $7k-$8k every phase eventhough they are releasing new phases fast.

I wonder if they are smelling something that new inventory will explode on June 29th with other communities opening in Stonegate/Portolo Springs so they want to sale those lots fast before that date.

Thanks for the responses, Inc and Goriat. I do have one more question though.

Once you get the pre-approval, do you automatically get added to the wait list or do you need to actually call the sales office to be added to the list ?

bella said:
Thanks for the responses, Inc and Goriat. I do have one more question though.

Once you get the pre-approval, do you automatically get added to the wait list or do you need to actually call the sales office to be added to the list ?

Hi Bella,

If you received the pre-qualification approval with the amount, etc. from their preferred lender, which I believe is OnQ financial, then you get automatically added to the waiting list.  Did you tell the lender which plan and community you wanted to be added?  If you did, Sales rep. will also contact you in the 1-2 weeks.  But, I would touch base with them incase after a week.  They usually receive a new print list once a week in the beginning of the week.

Hi Bella,

My husband and I are also on the list hoping for a plan 1. We actually saw that the list was five pages long about 3 weeks ago, but a lot of people are waiting for larger models. Does the CV sales office keep you updated? It's been such a nightmare trying to get information from them and stay on top of things. Every time we go in (and we've been A LOT) they act like they've never seen us before. We have little confidence in them so we're still persuing a search in QH and Woodbury.

Back