Mulberry at Cypress Village

Joe61022 said:
I think it's a popular floor plan with more efficient use of space. The plan 2's have a 4th bedroom, but it's not very usable because then 3 bedrooms share 1 bath, all upstairs.
Like this resale, same price as new:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/57-Sycamore-BND-92618/home/55184645

Chairman said:
Residence 1 is always in limited supply. Is it selling well or not as popular due to number of rooms?

Yea it's a combination of 1 having a limited supply and having a popular floor plan. In the extension, for example, there are 23 residence 1's, 30 2's and 41 3's.
So with those numbers considered, 3 is probably the most popular plan. 2 has the unfavorable bed to bath ratio, and I think a lot of the buyers count them out seeing the model homes. But in reality you an easily add the optional bath upstairs making it 4 bd to 3.5bath, or even the suit downstairs to make it 5bd 4.5bath. 2 also has the most open layout on the 1st floor. So since each residence has it's own strengths and weaknesses, I would say that the number factor for 1 selling the fastest is its pricing point. 

irvineguy said:
Joe61022 said:
I think it's a popular floor plan with more efficient use of space. The plan 2's have a 4th bedroom, but it's not very usable because then 3 bedrooms share 1 bath, all upstairs.
Like this resale, same price as new:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/57-Sycamore-BND-92618/home/55184645

Chairman said:
Residence 1 is always in limited supply. Is it selling well or not as popular due to number of rooms?

Yea it's a combination of 1 having a limited supply and having a popular floor plan. In the extension, for example, there are 23 residence 1's, 30 2's and 41 3's.
So with those numbers considered, 3 is probably the most popular plan. 2 has the unfavorable bed to bath ratio, and I think a lot of the buyers count them out seeing the model homes. But in reality you an easily add the optional bath upstairs making it 4 bd to 3.5bath, or even the suit downstairs to make it 5bd 4.5bath. 2 also has the most open layout on the 1st floor. So since each residence has it's own strengths and weaknesses, I would say that the number factor for 1 selling the fastest is its pricing point.

I saw number 1 as being the most appealing due to price point and layout but I see a lot more 2s and 3s being built. My guess is IP makes more money when they sell one of those vs the 1s. They are incentivized to build more of those homes. If only the 1s/2s had the downstairs bedroom and an extra full bathroom that would've made it a complete floor plan. The California Garage being a bedroom was a lame attempt at trying to accommodate that demand.

WM didn't pick up the trash yesterday. What is up with that? Also, my yard waste bin only gets picked up every other week. Are others experiencing this?

Chairman said:
WM didn't pick up the trash yesterday. What is up with that? Also, my yard waste bin only gets picked up every other week. Are others experiencing this?

On a week where Monday is a holiday...all the pickups get pushed back a day.  Monday pickups are now Tuesday and so on...

Chairman said:

You must be the only owner with green waste in Mulberry :)

ps9 said:
Chairman said:

Very commendable to actually put green waste in its own green bucket.

I had one for about a month and then returned it to WM.

ps9 said:
Chairman said:

I think I am the only neighbor on my street that actually does yard work in front. Everyone else either has weeds growing out or their plants are dying. No one seems to care about their landscaping out front. :p

ZeroLot said:
ps9 said:
Chairman said:

Sometimes I wish I had a bigger bin because I am constantly trimming those damn bushes. They really picked some terrible plants to put in front. :mad:

Chairman said:
ZeroLot said:
ps9 said:
Chairman said:

Sometimes I wish I had a bigger bin because I am constantly trimming those damn bushes. They really picked some terrible plants to put in front. :mad:

Another option is: change the plants to what you like and disregard the HOA (Qwerty style). If the HOA sends you a notice, just throw it away.  ;)

I did hear back from the hoa. Side and back are ok. The front was ok for the most part. They want me to make a change that is pretty minor.  I called the hoa and explained why i did what I did and that in addition, the change they want me to make would not even be visible to pedestrians, my neighbors were ok with my designs and lastly other neighbors did the same thing. They said to just resubmit the plans with a letter explaining what I just said and that it should be approved. They said the landscape architect just initially rejects thing automatically if they don't conform to the guidelines. Looks like the fines will be waived as well.

Back