Most Comfortable / Durable Sectional?

Compressed-Village said:
aquabliss said:
Anyone bought any furniture from article.com?  I really like their cube sectional:https://www.article.com/product/1193/cube-quartz-white-modular-sofa-right-arm

Can make your own L shape or U shape from the pieces, look is nice and clean.

Like the looks, although not sure about all those looses cushions and pillows. My kids will just throw it all over the place or end up on the ground.

Haha ya good point, I think they are bungee corded in... Probably just means kids would pull until they snap. 

My latest design crush is this sectional:
https://m.macys.com/shop/product/aryanna-6-pc-l-modular-sofa-only-at-macys?ID=4642081&CategoryID=29391

I want to buy the modular pieces so I can reconfigure to a pit.  Just can't find it on display anywhere close by to test it out first.  I think it's new, might show up at SCP in a few weeks.

aquabliss said:
I guess my sectional journey ends here.

Ordered the Aryanna sectional today (will make it into U shape):https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/9/optimized/8352199_fpx.tif

They still don't have it in stores but going to take a chance, coming in a little over a week. 

Just go to macys home at south coast plaza. We ended up buying a sectional online that you or someone posted very similar to this one. The website said it wasn't in stores. We went to Macy's and sure enough it was on display. The couch was very comfy except the seating area was too deep and I like to sit straight up which requires a seating depth of 19-21 inches. The seating depth of the one we bought was about 25-26 inches so I had to lean back to keep my feet on the floor and I didn't like that. So we ended up canceling the purchase. Even if they do the have the exact one in stock I'm sure they will have something very similar with the difference just being the material.

Thanks Q, I've gone to all the Macy's home stores in the area (SCP, Mission Viejo, Brea), they don't have this exact one but all the sales guys say "let me show you something similar".  They think it's similar, but I'm kinda picky and usually think it's way different.

I'm opposite of you, I like very deep sitting area and they have similar depth but cushions, etc can change the overall feel.  I almost went in today to change the color but decided to stick with what I originally picked.  Oh well, I'll find out in a week when it arrives.

are there any actual 'REAL' sales at macy's?  we have been looking at a sectional, and EVERY SINGLE WEEK they say it's on sale with some new promotion (one day sale, memorial day, father's day, friends and family) and it's the same 'sale' price every single weekend.  monday it goes back to retail.

wondering if there are any actual sales during the year where the furniture is actually discounted to a price that's not just a fake sale price.

dethman said:
are there any actual 'REAL' sales at macy's?  we have been looking at a sectional, and EVERY SINGLE WEEK they say it's on sale with some new promotion (one day sale, memorial day, father's day, friends and family) and it's the same 'sale' price every single weekend.  monday it goes back to retail.

wondering if there are any actual sales during the year where the furniture is actually discounted to a price that's not just a fake sale price.

Pricing is dynamic.  Cheapest price will be when it is marked down 3 times.

Reg
Was
Sale
Take an addl 15% off

Have you tried checking out the HD Buttercup in Costa Mesa?  We got a sectional from there a few years ago and it's held up well.  Very comfy for lounging/sleeping and the covers are removable for relatively easy washing.

Alternatively, if you're looking for slightly cheaper options, West Elm has some good options.  Streamlined and tasteful but still loungy.

Back