Most Comfortable / Durable Sectional?

aquabliss said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Paris said:
Anyone have a Restoration Hardware Sectional? Been looking there for a new sofa/ sectional. I have other RH furniture that's held up really well so hoping the same for their couches

Way too expensive to justify the cost.  Something basic like this:
https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod9300720&categoryId=cat9080002

Will run you around $11k + tax member price.

I'd still consider it - esp since you use it all the time. If its good quality and lasts more than a decade it's worth it.

That sectional is only for individuals who enjoy life 'behind the gates'...

Lol - just a strong believer in quality over quantity  8) Investing in quality over the long run will always pay itself back in durability and even appreciation. Too bad this argument has still not won over my husband on that Birkin bag  :(

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Yeah but why pay $100 annually when you can just buy a coupon when you need it?

Oh i only looked at the second link not the 1st.  The second link is 25% off for 100.

WTTCHMN said:
RH just opened up a store next to Best Buy in Lake Forest.  Looks like an outlet.

It's a pop up shop.  Not much there.  Probably if you're looking for a bed frame or chairs. 

jmoney74 said:
WTTCHMN said:
RH just opened up a store next to Best Buy in Lake Forest.  Looks like an outlet.

It's a pop up shop.  Not much there.  Probably if you're looking for a bed frame or chairs. 

Really?  Can't find any info about this online.  Is it a temporary thing?

aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
WTTCHMN said:

I think so.. thought my wife said last day was end of April but who knows.  I went there few weeks ago. 

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:
jmoney74 said:
WTTCHMN said:

I think so.. thought my wife said last day was end of April but who knows.  I went there few weeks ago. 

it was an RH warehouse sale.  basically dinged and dented furniture up to 85% off.  ended yesterday.  was pretty busy.

Worth going down to long beach / Aquarium area and RH is permanent location there. Was there a few months ago and there are some nice discounts. Always 50 % off at the outlet. The temporary location in lake forest was a real joke.

Practically, most items that were a deal was reserved by someone already. And the long lines make me feel like I was at disneyland all over again. This location is only open for the month of April only.

I was in the market for some high-end super deal furniture but the reality is just a carrot and a waste of time. The Long Beach location may be otherwise.

aquabliss said:
RH sale is back on in Lake Forest - it's a mad house!

Got this for $1,100:
https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod7410076&categoryId=cat7140453

And this coffee table for $690:
https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod9430057&categoryId=cat10180118

Both look nearly new, got pretty lucky - a lot of stuff was damaged.

Compressed-Village said:
Nice find. That looks awesome.

Ya that Machinto Media center is an awesome piece, my wife now wants the glass sideboard that retails for $2,700 with membership.  And of course now our Machinto media console in the bedroom is lonely and needs matching dresser and night stands.  I'm going to head back to the sale this weekend and keep my fingers crossed, but don't know how many new items they'll really be adding.

i've personally had better luck at the outlets than the warehouse sale.  less damaged pieces and better prices IMO with the current 50% off.  downside is that you have to drive somewhere.

dethman said:
i've personally had better luck at the outlets than the warehouse sale.  less damaged pieces and better prices IMO with the current 50% off.  downside is that you have to drive somewhere.

So I think outlets are same as Warehouse where they do not deliver the furniture to your house.  At the outlet sale, they used these guys called "LUGG" they have their own app, but they're a 3rd party separate from RH and I paid about $145 to have 2 pieces (granted very heavy pieces) delivered and installed upstairs!  The Lugg guys were really good, very careful and I have no idea how 2 of them got that media console upstairs but I bet their backs hurt the following day.

Anyhow my question - If I go to the outlet seems like it's either Ontario or Long Beach.  If I buy something there how do I get it home?  I used the Lugg App to get a quote and because of the distance (both LB and Ontario are about same distance from Irvine), it's like $500 to have them deliver it. 

I don't want to consider renting a U-Haul and doing it myself, the pieces I'm still looking for are way heavier than I want to try lifting on my own even with a friend or 2 to help. 

Dethman what did you end up using for delivery?

aquabliss said:
dethman said:

So I think outlets are same as Warehouse where they do not deliver the furniture to your house.  At the outlet sale, they used these guys called "LUGG" they have their own app, but they're a 3rd party separate from RH and I paid about $145 to have 2 pieces (granted very heavy pieces) delivered and installed upstairs!  The Lugg guys were really good, very careful and I have no idea how 2 of them got that media console upstairs but I bet their backs hurt the following day.

Anyhow my question - If I go to the outlet seems like it's either Ontario or Long Beach.  If I buy something there how do I get it home?  I used the Lugg App to get a quote and because of the distance (both LB and Ontario are about same distance from Irvine), it's like $500 to have them deliver it. 

I don't want to consider renting a U-Haul and doing it myself, the pieces I'm still looking for are way heavier than I want to try lifting on my own even with a friend or 2 to help. 

The outlets offer their own outsourced delivery too.

aquabliss said:
dethman said:

they have preferred third party delivery companies as well.  business cards usually at checkout.  i've bought items from long beach, coffee table and console table one time, and a round dining table with 4 chairs another time.  each time was delivered next day for $130 or so to irvine.  so it wasn't bad.

Back