Luna at Portola Springs

I was there this past weekend. That part of portola springs is secluded so it's nice and quiet. I personally prefer that. Comparing to the avail communities and I think portola springs is a great value. I know I hear alot of trash talk (no pun intended) about the proximity to the landfill but so far I haven't noticed any stench. I have some friends interested in Luna as well. 

I personally like the Plan 3 better. More of a traditional layout than Plan 1 with one bedroom at the lower level then the living spaces above and finally the other bedrooms on the top floor. Unless you plan on using this space as some kinda rental property  where you have a room for rent then it just wouldn't work for a family or a young couple trying to start a family and grow into the space.

I meant residence 2 vs residence 3 :)

We thought residence 2 was little tight in the living area. Residence-3 seems to be the best floor plan. Specially with Loft upstairs makes it really good deal.

I dont like three story homes, too much walk up and down the stairs

OC troll said:
I was there this past weekend. That part of portola springs is secluded so it's nice and quiet. I personally prefer that. Comparing to the avail communities and I think portola springs is a great value. I know I hear alot of trash talk (no pun intended) about the proximity to the landfill but so far I haven't noticed any stench. I have some friends interested in Luna as well.

I have been saying right now value wise (price point) PS is good for a first time home buyer.

Irvine1stTimer said:
We r going to buy here too, anyone on this forum who have purchased at Luna. Just curious

You should try to ask for design center upgrade credit. Since they seem eager to sell.

eyephone said:
Irvine1stTimer said:
We r going to buy here too, anyone on this forum who have purchased at Luna. Just curious

You should try to ask for design center upgrade credit. Since they seem eager to sell.

Well, I'm sure all homebuilders are eager to sell, some more than others. What makes you think Luna is willing to offer upgrade credits?

These courtyard homes have been built in clusters, with one set of homes around a courtyard being done/built at a time, before they start building the next set of homes around a courtyard. With the most recent build, they did 2 courtyards at once.  Is that because they're selling particularly well? Honestly, I don't know if these homes are selling well or not. Just what I observed.

Public companies' leadership is like musical chair. when one management team leaves another takes over. Ideas and innovation rarely continued to the next generation. New regimes come with ego and rarely build upon the last guys idea. Products suffered as a result by reinventing the wheel. Cal Pac is a privately owned company with the same team in place since it's genesis. It's products get smarter as a result of several decade long refinements. While other companies are all over the map with many levels of product segments and locations I noticed Cal Pac focuses on entry level segment and one product type. The proverb Jack of all trades and master of none is quite true.

From just a product design standpoint Luna delivers the best value for your money if you don't mind Portola Springs.

I walked thru the construction area of Luna a few days ago. They're moving fast building these! I'd say they've done more construction in the past 2 months than in the prior 6 months before that. Maybe a function of the weather? Maybe they're selling better? Or maybe they just want to build, be done, and sell them later?

Yeah i saw that, they r building phase-3 and 4 at this time.

I think they were struggling to sell Plan 1 and 2.

Favorite plans seems to be Plan 3 and 4x, but they dont have many 4xs available, and plan-3 also seems to sold out.

What you guys think of between plan 3 and 4? any pros and cons of both floor plans.

thelandofnoland said:
Luna Plan 4 price dropped to the Mid $600,000s.

Assuming that that means $660,000, then the Plan 4 is about $367/sf! That includes 4 bedrooms, a loft larger than the master bedroom, a porch, and a small yard. I think that's one of the cheapest $/sf for a detached home since the recession!

Luna must be having trouble and here's some images to explain why (Jade Court will have this issue too):

nvwpzk.jpg

wc1p93.jpg

What do you think... for first-time buyers, this is a good deal even considering its location. Jade Court meanwhile is going for about $430/sf assuming a price of $680,000 for its Plan 4.

If that's in your budget and you like it get it. As I mentioned before at a different thread, top publicly trade home builders already stated margins will be lower due to price reductions/incentives.

thelandofnoland said:
Luna Plan 4 price dropped to the Mid $600,000s.

Assuming that that means $660,000, then the Plan 4 is about $367/sf! That includes 4 bedrooms, a loft larger than the master bedroom, a porch, and a small yard. I think that's one of the cheapest $/sf for a detached home since the recession!

Luna must be having trouble and here's some images to explain why (Jade Court will have this issue too):

nvwpzk.jpg

wc1p93.jpg

What do you think... for first-time buyers, this is a good deal even considering its location. Jade Court meanwhile is going for about $430/sf assuming a price of $680,000 for its Plan 4.

If you think about it, it's hard to find a resale for the price mid 600 for 4 bedrooms.

are you sure plan 4 is available ? Did you go to sales office. they could have listed the price lower online to bring in the crowd

Your images are explaining the trouble selling because motor court is small and people park on it?

Sorry not being sarcastic just not sure what your illustrating with the pics.

They r not building plan 4 anymore, it's called 4x now.
All of their plan 3, 4 and 4x are sold out, only handful of plan 1 and 2 are left According to sales office

Back