Lambert Ranch Prices

What will Lambert Ranch prices be?

• $800k, $1m, $1.2m

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • $950k, $1.2m, $1.4m

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • $1m, $1.3m, $1.7m

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other (please indicate with a post below)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine is not where residents live for a long term and eventually one must sell.

why do you say that?  i think irvine is similar to most of OC and SoCal with a variety of buyer types.  some will move quickly and some will stay put forever. 

IHS - you have a lot of negatives to say about the newer irvine communities so which one would you consider?  or is everything in irvine bad?  for us, we want something built after 2000 and i am guessing the ideal for you is QH but its outside of our price range and nothing seems to come up for sale there.  so where should buyers like us look?

Obviously you have not lived in Irvine long enough to experience your neighbors' musical chair homes. I definitely prefer QH more than the other newer villages. Here is the order of preference for me. Location, school, price then quality. QH has the elevation advantages over all other villages. The housing stocks are relatively new. University High ain't bad and great for resale to the braggers. If you really know about homes new is not always the best. If I had to choose among the flats I would take Woodbridge's new enclave.

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine is not where residents live for a long term and eventually one must sell.

why do you say that?  i think irvine is similar to most of OC and SoCal with a variety of buyer types.  some will move quickly and some will stay put forever. 

IHS - you have a lot of negatives to say about the newer irvine communities so which one would you consider?  or is everything in irvine bad?  for us, we want something built after 2000 and i am guessing the ideal for you is QH but its outside of our price range and nothing seems to come up for sale there.  so where should buyers like us look?

That's the problem with monopolies.  They feed you shit because they can and you eat it because you feel you have no choice.  Right now they're in the business of building value villages and 4-story apartment projects, all for like $30/sqft.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  This is like an NBA lockout though-  they're a faceless corporate entity and you're a young family eager to take root in a community and live the years you have left so...the owners win every time!

i know new isnt the best.  however, we tend to like the new stuff visually and from a layout perspective.  sure we can buy an older house and change to our liking but that still doesnt fix the ugly exteriors.  i said this before but the old neighborhoods of irvine look homogeneous and dated.  in my parents WLA hood, you can have a brand spanking new house next to an original 1930s tract house and neither will look out of place.  i would love that in irvine but it doesnt exist

so QH is best - what about the rest?  you seem to know all the negatives so put these in order of health safety.  general location, school, price are all preferences and while we all want quality, i think its safe to say most of the stuff built in last 10 years is pretty similar in quality. 

QH, WB, SG, VoC Irvine side, PS, LA

zubs said:
Before I buy a house I am already looking at how I can sell it.  It seems logical for everyone to do this even if you are not going to move for 10 years.
You have to consider the exit strategy because sooner or later that home will be sold, I tell my buyers that all the time. 

So RKP you seemed to have bought in to all my BS or I am just too convincing. Forensic liability asseessment is my expertise. Have you found my 4 car garage yet? I will be in WLA tomorrow and I will say hello to your parents.
Hey Patrick do you want to do Phoking lunch?

Trade secret is to keeping all the good stuff to myself. By not disclosing is a good reason to keeoing you coming back for more. Traffic count is important for a blogsite like this one. We are teaching you and other neophites to avoid the mistakes so you don't become a sacrificial lamb.

irvinehomeshopper said:
If you really know about homes new is not always the best.

I agree with this 100%, which is why I'm never drawn to new homes. I do like looking at them as a hobby to see what floorplans/features are currently in vogue, but I'd never buy one. I have this theory that historically, homes are built in the better locations first. I'm not talking about better location in terms of crime, demographics, etc, because obviously that changes over time...but the geography of a place never changes.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because I live in a 30+year old house. :)

This is why the Atari generation prefer new wine in a trendy box and you vintage wine from a dusty old cellar. That theory is correct. The best locations with geographical attributes all have been taken. The hard to get to places and land with controversy are what is left.

traceimage said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I agree with this 100%, which is why I'm never drawn to new homes. I do like looking at them as a hobby to see what floorplans/features are currently in vogue, but I'd never buy one. I have this theory that historically, homes are built in the better locations first. I'm not talking about better location in terms of crime, demographics, etc, because obviously that changes over time...but the geography of a place never changes.

irvinehomeshopper said:
This is why the Atari generation prefer new wine in a trendy box and you vintage wine from a dusty old cellar. That theory is correct. The best locations with geographical attributes all have been taken. The hard to get to places and land with controversy are what is left.

traceimage said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

thats just silly.  using that point, compton is a better location from land attributes than majority of OC as compton was built out much earlier. 

northwood which was built in the 70s and woodbury which was built 30 years after are one and the same in terms of location. 

The Motor Court Company said:
rkp said:
QH, WB, SG, VoC Irvine side, PS, LA

Turtle Ridge is out of your price range?

absolutely out of my price range.  we are looking for a 4-5 bedroom house around 3000 sq ft and feel comfortable up to $1.2M.  frankly i would like to be closer to $800K but then we are living on former military bases or far from where we want to be...

turtle ridge puts me way over very quickly.  the only property i can even think about is a short sale like this which is less than the rest of the properties and still above my comfort zone
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Crimson-Rose-92603/home/5901244

irvinehomeshopper said:

As part of the Atari generation I would like to point out that not only do I prefer wine from dusty old cellars if they are european; but also most wines (especially CA ones) are not made to last long anymore.  A red might age well for 3~5 years nowadays, but you hold onto that sucker for 10+ years and it is going to end up nasty.  Such a shame that the old ways of winemaking are dying out because of consumerism...

Now you can substitute wine with houses.

Nous said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

As part of the Atari generation I would like to point out that not only do I prefer wine from dusty old cellars if they are european; but also most wines (especially CA ones) are not made to last long anymore.  A red might age well for 3~5 years nowadays, but you hold onto that sucker for 10+ years and it is going to end up nasty.  Such a shame that the old ways of winemaking are dying out because of consumerism...

jamboreedude said:
Lambert Ranch Prices should be at $600k/$700k/$800k because it's so close to the landfill.

No price reduction would ever compensate my good health. There are things one can't buy with money and health is one of them.

Back