Lambert Ranch Prices

What will Lambert Ranch prices be?

• $800k, $1m, $1.2m

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • $950k, $1.2m, $1.4m

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • $1m, $1.3m, $1.7m

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other (please indicate with a post below)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

So we've seen the floorplans, some of you have seen the lots and the area... and we know there are no Mello Roos... so what do you think Lambert  Ranch should price their homes at (and we know they are watching this thread)?

Los Colinas ranges from $323-$333/sft and their smallest home starts at 2988 sft. So if I add premium for gated, farther away from toll road and no MRs, we are probably looking at $350/sft for their smallest home. Usually you scale down the $/sft as the square footage increases but based on Laguna Altura, it looks like they actually charge more for the bigger homes so I'll keep the scale the same (but include a lower one for reference).

The Field: 2,730 ? 3,081sft
$350/sft = starts at $950k

The Hill: 3,418 ? 3,792sft
$350/sft = starts at $1.2m
$335/sft = starts at $1.15m

The Grove: 4,273 to 4,573sft
$350/sft = starts at $1.5m
$320/sft = starts at $1.37m

This is comparable (and maybe a bit cheaper) to Maricopa in Stonegate, San Marino in Woodbury and Cortona/Toscana in Laguna Altura. The larger models could cost more because you simply can't buy a new 4000+sft house in Irvine elsewhere.

I think one problem is the overlap/variation in prices from tract to tract... so they may not be able to discount too much for each step in tract. If the largest Field home price is close enough to the smallest Hill home, you'll find the Field Plan 3s won't sell as well as the Hill's Plan 1s. So the difference in prices might actually be larger.

Now, where do I think they should start if they want to sell these quick and blow the TIC homes away in sales pace? Maybe a 5% decrease? That would put the starting prices at $900k, $1.14m, $1.33m. Or a 10% decrease? $855k, $1.08m, $1.26m (close to option 1)?

Or maybe The New Home Company is going completely the other way and charging $375-$400/sft (indicated by option 3)?

When you answer the poll, please remember there is a difference in what we think they will be... and what we hope they would be. :)

How about the view lot premiums? Any guesses? Some of the Hill homes have view. I am guessing initially at $150k but will balloon to $250~300k once these are sold out like hot potatoes.

So my guess is $950k, $1.2m, $1.4m and $150k view lot premium.

And seriously,  I mean the view of the valley, not the toll road or the land fill.

The Motor Court Company said:
How about the view lot premiums? Any guesses? Some of the Hill homes have view. I am guessing initially at $150k but will balloon to $250~300k once these are sold out like hot potatoes.

So my guess is $950k, $1.2m, $1.4m and $150k view lot premium.

And seriously,  I mean the view of the valley, not the toll road or the land fill.

I agree, the lot premiums will be significant.

the tour guide told us on a good day, you can see catalina from some of the premium lots (the hills and the grove).  he said pee-a-book view lots will start with $20K premium.  the best view lots he said would be around $100K and upwards.

15 days from December 25 - jan 10th are the days you can actually see a sliver of reflection when the sun actually set behind the island to silhouette the shape. The rest of the year the sunset misses the alignment. I know friends from Foothill Ranch and have talked about this view since 1992. Lochness sighting may be more frequent than the so call good days.

kalbi said:
the tour guide told us on a good day, you can see catalina from some of the premium lots (the hills and the grove).  he said pee-a-book view lots will start with $20K premium.  the best view lots he said would be around $100K and upwards.

A lot of buyers will be looking to pounce on those view lots  :-*

The value ratio would be higher for the smallest products and lower for the biggest products. I think a majority will be priced over $1m and with some lower price teasers as baits.

irvinehomeshopper said:
To experience a better view just park along the shoulder on toll road 241 and look down onto Landfill Ranch to get a perfect perspective.
I believe the quote is:

"Backing to the 241 is not a major concern.  The trade off is, you get an excellent view of the valley to the ocean. I think backing to 241 is well worth the trade off of having a great view. Also, there is ambient noise anywhere you go in Irvine."

- Special Agent Mike Dunn

The stratosphere in Vegas has the best view too but visitors would rather be over at the Bellagio side of the strip.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
To experience a better view just park along the shoulder on toll road 241 and look down onto Landfill Ranch to get a perfect perspective.
I believe the quote is:

"Backing to the 241 is not a major concern.  The trade off is, you get an excellent view of the valley to the ocean. I think backing to 241 is well worth the trade off of having a great view. Also, there is ambient noise anywhere you go in Irvine."

- Special Agent Mike Dunn

I am new to posting on this forum but as a very potential buyer in Lambert Ranch I have to weigh in on this thread. I talked to Robert (the sales guy at Lambert) several weeks before the sneak preview last weekend and he told me the prices would start in the mid to high 800s. That seems fair considering all the negatives already posted above in this thread.

We get to the sneak preview last weekend and all of a sudden, the prices start in the 900s. I get that everyone wants to maximize prices, but it sounds to me like The New Home Company might be getting greedy. Time will certainly tell and there is a lot more choices coming on-line in Irvine in the next year. At mid to high 800s, I had my check book ready to part with a 50%+ downpayment but as I heard starting in the 900s, I put my check book back in my pocket.

Looking forward to seeing where this will land and will likely hold off buying something else until the pricing is officially announced but must say that I am no longer very excited about Lambert.

The (anticipated) asking prices have gone up and the incentive offerings have gone down.
To me that shows that TNHC must be anticipating a healthy start and will hope to take advantage of its uniqueness (no MR and non-TIC) in Irvine.
All bets will be off once the registrations begin and buyers choose to vote with their wallets.

Only 2 of the 6 clients that I know that went to register last week are still interested after seeing the site and plans.
We'll see what happens when the actual prices are made available.

From their emails, reservations will begin at 10am tomorrow (Thursday), online on their site. Choose wisely.  :p

-IR2

IrvineRealtor said:
The (anticipated) asking prices have gone up and the incentive offerings have gone down.
To me that shows that TNHC must be anticipating a healthy start and will hope to take advantage of its uniqueness (no MR and non-TIC) in Irvine.
All bets will be off once the registrations begin and buyers choose to vote with their wallets.

Only 2 of the 6 clients that I know that went to register last week are still interested after seeing the site and plans.
We'll see what happens when the actual prices are made available.

From their emails, reservations will begin at 10am tomorrow (Thursday), online on their site. Choose wisely.  :p

-IR2

TNHC definitely is anticipating a healthy start.  One of the reps showed me a fairly thick packet and said "we have thousands of names on our interest list" and we had lots of people show up for the preview.  They also know that they have "something different" in terms of their floor plans and their unique exterior.  We will see if the floor plans, no MR, non-TIC outweigh the location.

What are the negatives to signing up for the priority registration?

Is it that those who sign up would be providing information that will be used by TNHC to determine how high to set the prices?  Are there other problems in signing up?

seriously for 1.4mil. I have so many more selections from resale inventory of relatively new homes I can get a better location and perhaps smell the ocean. In the future after the new home smell wore off who would want to buy a Landfill Ranch resale? Finding that naive buyer would be extremely difficult.

Back