Lambert Ranch in Irvine

A few steps up from the Hill models and close to the cell site, we definitely could see trucks on the other side of the toll road. The only thing being there is the landfill. So arguably you can actually see trucks operating/doing transportation inside the landfill.

The landfill does offer free public tours. I'd suggest any potential LR buyers who might be concerned to take such tour so they will be 100% comfortable with their purchase.

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
currently the  landfill is somewhat visible from the other side of the toll road. The landfill is already higher than the toll road in elevation by about 50' thus the google aerial photos from any given period depicted dirty water in retention basin. The 50 years of trash dumping translate to to 10'/year the trash pile mound could reach 500' That is similar to a 42 story high rise tall trash pyramid looming over your roof tops.

the landfill operations, trash, trucks, etc are not visible at all.  the sides of the mountains that enclose the landfill are visible.  you said yourself that relatives got sick living next to puente hills so you might be a little jaded and sounding an alarm louder than necessary on this one IHS.

again still wanting to do more research and not opposed to learning more.  remember i did sign and then cancel my augusta purchase and lot of it had to do with TI threads.

arman and rkp - why the need to justify to IHS and other naysayers? if you like lambert ranch and it makes sense for you and your family, take the plunge! you already know what most people here think about landfill ranch. if you are looking for reassurance or justification for your desire to purchase a landfill ranch home, best of luck. you are better off PMing each other. just saying.

disagree kalbi.  threads like this help provide more info than less and i think people shouldn't be so naive with the biggest purchase of their life.  there are a lot of lurkers here and its good for threads like this to exist

i realize i have been very pro LR today but honestly, it was very nice to see something i actually am ok parting $1M for.  until seeing the LR houses, it was augusta which hit the right price but came with possible health risks or san marino which gave amazing community but came with bland house, mediocre floorplan, and high price tag.   

$899x to $1,0mx without Mello Roos isn't bad at all. Add $50-75k alone in upgrades from that point. Does the builder provide front yard basic landscaping or is it just bare dirt when you close?

SGIP

Some villagers in China was digging in the beautiful hills and found some gems they claimed to be from heaven because it glow in the dark. Other villagers were afraid that they might miss the rare finds of the century and went digging in the hills. The children were happy playing with glowing rocks and someday the villagers will become very wealthy by selling the glowing pearls to the gem trades. Little did they know those were buried radioactive waste by the Chinese government decades prior. The entire village was wiped out from sickness caused by radioactive exposure. The hills are beautiful still just like the Puente Hill landfill. You sound like a ostrich that stick its head into the sand to hide from predators. I just love how you justify something that is so bad disguised In good appearance. That is like shacking a hot and sexy hooker with positive HIV infection you can't see.

Arman said:
rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
currently the  landfill is somewhat visible from the other side of the toll road. The landfill is already higher than the toll road in elevation by about 50' thus the google aerial photos from any given period depicted dirty water in retention basin. The 50 years of trash dumping translate to to 10'/year the trash pile mound could reach 500' That is similar to a 42 story high rise tall trash pyramid looming over your roof tops.

the landfill operations, trash, trucks, etc are not visible at all.  the sides of the mountains that enclose the landfill are visible.  you said yourself that relatives got sick living next to puente hills so you might be a little jaded and sounding an alarm louder than necessary on this one IHS.

again still wanting to do more research and not opposed to learning more.  remember i did sign and then cancel my augusta purchase and lot of it had to do with TI threads.

Whether or not there is a danger from the landfill, the landfill being visible from Lambert Ranch (or the La Puente Landfill) is bogus. As your own aerial view shows, IHS, the hillside next to the La Puente landfill is terraced and landscaped. I've driven by the La Puente landfill dozens of times along the 60, and the only way I knew there was a landfill there was you pointing it out to me. I have no fear of something unsightly from Lambert Ranch even if it goes up 500 feet (which I doubt) because it'll be landscaped. Perceived or real health dangers are a separate issue.

Can I ask how old you are? My 2 year old is more mature than you are!

irvinehomeshopper said:
I just love how you justify something that is so bad disguised In good appearance. That is like shacking a hot and sexy hooker with positive HIV infection you can't see.

Arman said:
rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Whether or not there is a danger from the landfill, the landfill being visible from Lambert Ranch (or the La Puente Landfill) is bogus. As your own aerial view shows, IHS, the hillside next to the La Puente landfill is terraced and landscaped. I've driven by the La Puente landfill dozens of times along the 60, and the only way I knew there was a landfill there was you pointing it out to me. I have no fear of something unsightly from Lambert Ranch even if it goes up 500 feet (which I doubt) because it'll be landscaped. Perceived or real health dangers are a separate issue.

What do you mean the trucks are not visible at all. Just lunch time today I saw 12 waste management trucks going to the landfill via Sand Canyon. Do you know how many trucks make that journey each day? You don't want to know. I just dumped some more used paint cans into my trash again.

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

This has no relationship to maturity. There is no other way to describe risky sex behavior when the little brain sometimes take over the big brain.

Baby Irvine said:
Can I ask how old you are? My 2 year old is more mature than you are!

irvinehomeshopper said:
I just love how you justify something that is so bad disguised In good appearance. That is like shacking a hot and sexy hooker with positive HIV infection you can't see.

Arman said:
rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Soylent Green Is People said:
$899x to $1,0mx without Mello Roos isn't bad at all. Add $50-75k alone in upgrades from that point. Does the builder provide front yard basic landscaping or is it just bare dirt when you close?

SGIP

No front yard landscaping included.

kalbi said:
arman and rkp - why the need to justify to IHS and other naysayers? if you like lambert ranch and it makes sense for you and your family, take the plunge! you already know what most people here think about landfill ranch. if you are looking for reassurance or justification for your desire to purchase a landfill ranch home, best of luck. you are better off PMing each other. just saying.

I plan on taking the plunge; I don't need to justify to IHS or anyone else. But when you hear a broken record playing, you don't just let the broken record play, and IHS has become a broken record.

This discussion comes up #3 when you type in Lambert Ranch into Google.

The site IHS put up asks people to live at least 2 miles from a landfill.  I guess 1 mile is good enough?

We need data and a histogram...with occurrence of cancer on the Y axis, and distance from landfill on the X axis.

Arman said:
IHS has become a broken record.

To long-time readers, it may seem stale. However, we have to remember any forum is a revolving door. People come and go. What you or I may read for the hundredth time will be the first time for someone else. Especially if it's important, the message bears repeating.

2 miles is when the homesite is level with the dump. The current dump is already higher than the homesite. Think about the effect of gravity. According to the scale provided on Google aerial map the dump boundary is 3/8 mile from the homesite. Of course the sales people will tell you its 2 miles because you have to drive down to Jeffrey then to Bee Canyon road entrance and then a loop road just to get to the backside of Arman's future rear yard wall.

Just think about how small the future resale buyer pool will be when Arman decides to sell his home when health risk data surfaces in the near future. By then the new home smell has worn off and the curb appeal diminished.

I would not mind picking one up for $650k to rent out but I would never live there.

zubs said:
This discussion comes up #3 when you type in Lambert Ranch into Google.

The site IHS put up asks people to live at least 2 miles from a landfill.  I guess 1 mile is good enough?

We need data and a histogram...with occurrence of cancer on the Y axis, and distance from landfill on the X axis.

Back