Lambert Ranch in Irvine

Looks like your option is limited. Is Toscana really not an option for you? price too high/ or the boring floor plan?

rkp said:
The Motor Court Company said:
Health risk from polluted ground water is not something you can just simply ignore.

agreed.  this is why we cancelled our augusta purchase in columbus square.  but portola and parts of stonegate are just as close or almost as close to the landfill and i dont recall health issues being discussed for those developments.  my point is that is lambert ranch any more dangerous than neighboring portola springs? 

and groundwater being contaminated doesnt just affect nearby residents but all of the areas served by IRWD. 

we have waited to buy since 2003 and have looked at every new development in irvine and most of south county since then.  i still have almost every brochure and price sheet from those developments!  i cant wait 3 years for orchard hills because when that opens up, IHS will create some moniker that will stick and remind everyone why orchard hills sucks and then you will be mentioning a new better development opening a few years later. 

for me its, its either woodbury resale, convincing san marino to drop $100K or give me a house with landscaping and interior done, or lambert ranch.  lambert ranch will get eliminated if i believe that my family's health is at risk.

for this to be an issue,  the contaminated groundwater needs a pathway to your body and easiest pathway is drinking it.  in irvine, its all IRWD so not really an issue there.  the other possible sources are the plants and dirt.  kids and pets can dig up the ground and stick their fingers in their mouths, eat the plants, etc.  at columbus square, they disclose that toxins are still found in groundwater 6 feet below you and that felt too close. 

i dont know how to find out if their is any thing bad or dangerous underneath lambert ranch or portola springs...

toscana is the same as san marino...not sure your reason for suggesting but i dont personally see any benefit living in laguna altara.  for less money, i can have same floorplan in san marino and be in a community with tons of amenities.  actually the benefits are living close to 405 and better schools but i rather just go with san marino

It's interesting to see people hesitate in buying this new development because of the public awareness this forum has been espousing.  Long live the internets and its' the quest for truthiness.

I'm sure Landfill Ranch is fine to buy.  Don't let these forums sway you too much.  I'm just really always talking out of my ass anyway.  Everything I say is full of shit but sometimes you can find nuggets of gold.

zubs said:
It's interesting to see people hesitate in buying this new development because of the public awareness this forum has been espousing.  Long live the internets and its' the quest for truthiness.

I'm sure Landfill Ranch is fine to buy.  Don't let these forums sway you too much.  I'm just really always talking out of my ass anyway.  Everything I say is full of shit but sometimes you can find nuggets of gold.
I'm sure for every "Landfill Ranch" warning here... there are 5 FCBs willing to buy all-cash even if it means their offspring will become Irvine Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to Unicorn real estate.

I believe Toscana is better resale wise and it easily got the best location within the village. Amenity per household I think Laguna Altura is comparable to Woodbury; certainly you get more varieties in Woodbury. Woodbury Town Center is also quite nice. But south of 405 is less dense than North Irvine and has more open space.

In terms of absorption rate, I believe Toscana is selling better than San Marino despite the price difference.

rkp said:
toscana is the same as san marino...not sure your reason for suggesting but i dont personally see any benefit living in laguna altara.  for less money, i can have same floorplan in san marino and be in a community with tons of amenities.  actually the benefits are living close to 405 and better schools but i rather just go with san marino

Landfill Ranch is unique because it is the only shop in town that offer 3500+ ft new homes. It is also the only development that offer good view lots. So despite the looming presence of the landfill, it will still sell because there is no other choice.

irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:

I'm sure for every "Landfill Ranch" warning here... there are 5 FCBs willing to buy all-cash even if it means their offspring will become Irvine Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to Unicorn real estate.

Landfill Ranch is unique because it is the only shop in town that offer 3500+ ft new homes. It is also the only development that offer good view lots. So despite the looming presence of the landfill, it will still sell because there is no other choice.
While this is true... I think the issue here is the bigger market in Irvine isn't looking for 3500+sft new homes at the $1.3m+ range.

I bet if TNHC had made one portion of these 2000-2500sft homes at mid $700k, they would see a gigantic demand (which is probably why Mendocino is getting built at Stonegate).

And I would reckon that spending $750k on polluted ground water is much easier to ignore than spending $1.3m on it.

Any pictures of the models? Soylent Red and I, along with Soylent Yellow had a volleyball tournament this entire weekend so I missed the open house.

The landfill is the least of your worries. You don't want to know about the fertilizers and other chemicals put on that land over the past 60 + years while it was an active farming area. For some of us ol' timers, anyone remember "smudge pots"? They used to burn all sorts of things to keep the citrus groves from freezing over all of which filtered down into the topsoil.

Bee Canyon isn't going to be an issue for another two million years after all of those Evian water bottles, Starbucks coffee grounds and Huggies re-coaglulate into crude oil.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Any pictures of the models? Soylent Red and I, along with Soylent Yellow had a volleyball tournament this entire weekend so I missed the open house.

The landfill is the least of your worries. You don't want to know about the fertilizers and other chemicals put on that land over the past 60 + years while it was an active farming area. For some of us ol' timers, anyone remember "smudge pots"? They used to burn all sorts of things to keep the citrus groves from freezing over all of which filtered down into the topsoil.

Bee Canyon isn't going to be an issue for another two million years after all of those Evian water bottles, Starbucks coffee grounds and Huggies re-coaglulate into crude oil.

My .02c

Soylent, pictures don't do the models justice. Go see them in person. Except for today 4/30, they're open 10-5 every day.

While that's true regarding the current demand; but when is the last time we see 3500+ or even 4000+ sqft new homes coming out in Irvine (OK I will give you Carmel plan 3)? Columbus Grove? I am sure there is some pent up demand for these large homes. Arman is one of these buyers.

irvinehomeowner said:
While this is true... I think the issue here is the bigger market in Irvine isn't looking for 3500+sft new homes at the $1.3m+ range.

I bet if TNHC had made one portion of these 2000-2500sft homes at mid $700k, they would see a gigantic demand (which is probably why Mendocino is getting built at Stonegate).

And I would reckon that spending $750k on polluted ground water is much easier to ignore than spending $1.3m on it.

Isn't that true for pretty much all of Irvine flatland villages? so you are implying only the Turtles, Quail Hill and Shady Canyon are pollution free? No wonder these are the 4 most expensive villages in all of Irvine.

Soylent Green Is People said:

My .02c

While that's true regarding the current demand; but when is the last time we see 3500+ or even 4000+ sqft new homes coming out in Irvine (OK I will give you Carmel plan 3)? Columbus Grove? I am sure there is some pent up demand for these large homes. Arman is one of these buyers.
100+ homes worth?

I guess Serra in Portola Springs was the last TIC 3500sft+ project... and that took a few years to sell and I don't think they had 100 homes in their tract.

But we'll see... maybe it will move like the pent up demand of the 2010 Collection (although anything above $1m tends not to sell quickly).

TMCC

All I'm saying is that with the Ag chemicals in the flatlands and hills, car exhaust, noise pollution, unstable hillsides prone to slippage, unexploded practice bombs as we have in Rancho Santa Margarita, an EPA certified landfill isn't high on my list of possible issues with the area. The Musik Honor Farm is more of a worry than anything else since they average an escapee a month out there wandering the hills.

Cheers,

SGIP

currently the  landfill is somewhat visible from the other side of the toll road. The landfill is already higher than the toll road in elevation by about 50' thus the google aerial photos from any given period depicted dirty water in retention basin. The 50 years of trash dumping translate to to 10'/year the trash pile mound could reach 500' That is similar to a 42 story high rise tall trash pyramid looming over your roof tops.

my gut says that there is a lot of excitement and interest in this community.  my dirt walk had 50+ people and there were plenty of people throughout the weekend. 

i spoke to a few folks with babies (our 17 month daughter kept running up to their strollers and saying hi to the "baby") and they were in similar boat as us.  have been looking for a few years and want a bigger home at about the $1M mark.  The field seems like a home run here with very little similar product in Irvine.  Not sure how Hill or Grove will sell but I can see them running through the Field...

WOW~! 

$903,800 for a 2800 sq/ft SFR? OMG~ ! at the minimum Lambert Ranch should a hire 24 hour guard at the gate for that price. Hire couple of high school kids from Northwood and pay them minimum wage. Geez... their marketing material claimed that this is going to the "Shady Canyon" development of northern Irvine.. I am going to call "False advertising" on this one. >:D

ps9 said:
07327893.jpg

Here's the pricing range sheet for The Field, 'X' elevations should get some good curb appeal with the porch and being able to see the whole house.  But those are few and are lined up along the main road into the community.

irvinehomeshopper said:
currently the  landfill is somewhat visible from the other side of the toll road. The landfill is already higher than the toll road in elevation by about 50' thus the google aerial photos from any given period depicted dirty water in retention basin. The 50 years of trash dumping translate to to 10'/year the trash pile mound could reach 500' That is similar to a 42 story high rise tall trash pyramid looming over your roof tops.

the landfill operations, trash, trucks, etc are not visible at all.  the sides of the mountains that enclose the landfill are visible.  you said yourself that relatives got sick living next to puente hills so you might be a little jaded and sounding an alarm louder than necessary on this one IHS.

again still wanting to do more research and not opposed to learning more.  remember i did sign and then cancel my augusta purchase and lot of it had to do with TI threads. 

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

the landfill operations, trash, trucks, etc are not visible at all.  the sides of the mountains that enclose the landfill are visible.  you said yourself that relatives got sick living next to puente hills so you might be a little jaded and sounding an alarm louder than necessary on this one IHS.

again still wanting to do more research and not opposed to learning more.  remember i did sign and then cancel my augusta purchase and lot of it had to do with TI threads. 

Except at CS they are cleaning up whatever contaminants are left, not dumping more onto the land like at LR.

rkp said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Whether or not there is a danger from the landfill, the landfill being visible from Lambert Ranch (or the La Puente Landfill) is bogus. As your own aerial view shows, IHS, the hillside next to the La Puente landfill is terraced and landscaped. I've driven by the La Puente landfill dozens of times along the 60, and the only way I knew there was a landfill there was you pointing it out to me. I have no fear of something unsightly from Lambert Ranch even if it goes up 500 feet (which I doubt) because it'll be landscaped. Perceived or real health dangers are a separate issue.

Back