Lakers News

irvinehomeowner said:
What? I was there from 4 to 4:45... gah.

But I was wearing a Clipper shirt so he might have laughed at me.

If you worn a Michael Cage jersey, he probably would've noticed.

irvinehomeowner said:
One day... rumors of LA NFL will become a reality.

Well this could be the breakthrough. An nfl owned stadium eliminates the biggest hurdle for potential owners.

WTTCMN said:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24628728/report-nfl-could-return-to-la-own-the-stadium-and-act-as-landlord?v=1&vc=1

Screw the lakers. Football is coming back to town!

some sucker city must be in discussions about a new stadium deal and they are just using this as leverage to get them to pay.

qwerty said:
WTTCMN said:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24628728/report-nfl-could-return-to-la-own-the-stadium-and-act-as-landlord?v=1&vc=1

Screw the lakers. Football is coming back to town!

some sucker city must be in discussions about a new stadium deal and they are just using this as leverage to get them to pay.

Wonder if they can do something like this and still keep that Non-profit thing they have going.

WTTCMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
One day... rumors of LA NFL will become a reality.

Well this could be the breakthrough. An nfl owned stadium eliminates the biggest hurdle for potential owners.
But isn't that taking away some of the impetus for a team owner?

Owning the stadium also means owning the profits... so that takes away part of the benefit of owning a team in such a large market like LA. I understand the headache and costs of building a stadium, but that's where you get the city and investment groups to pitch in.

I think the biggest hurdle is actually getting a team to move from a city as most are very profitable where they are (maybe except the Chargers).

WTTCMN said:
Buffalo. Owner just died. Team up for sale. Doesn't make much money in buffalo. Need new stadium.

I think NFL wants to keep team there.. and there are willing parties to keep them there (Donald Trump).

Someone call Balmer... the Bills might be worth more than $2b if he moves them to LA.

He can call them the Balms (avoiding qwermemes).

WTTCMN said:
jmoney74 said:
WTTCMN said:
Buffalo. Owner just died. Team up for sale. Doesn't make much money in buffalo. Need new stadium.

I think NFL wants to keep team there.. and there are willing parties to keep them there (Donald Trump).

Sure but NFL knows it needs/wants/should have a team in LA.  So if it has to piss off buffalo fans - who cares. Also this is a trustee sale so it makes it easier to move the team. There's no alive owner who will need to get run out of town for letting the team leave town.  To me it's a no brainer. Let's get it done so I get more options than watching chargers football on Sunday (painful).

I think the most logical team to move out here are the Jagz. 

These are the teams that are on short leases or have an escape clause:
Raiders, Rams, and Chargers

Escape Clause:
Chargers, Rams

Source: LA Times

eyephone said:
These are the teams that are on short leases or have an escape clause:
Raiders, Rams, and Chargers

Escape Clause:
Chargers, Rams

Source: LA Times

Didn't all these teams once exist in LA?  And didn't they all fail? Let's get some new blood in here. 

Back