Lakers News

irvinehomeowner said:
They're just young. Randle still looked good though. :)

Can he improve his FG% though?  He's % has been going down each month. 

Nov:  49%
Dec: 48%
Jan: 47%

Have you seen Randle's stats the last 4 games (plus a poor 1st half thus far tonight)?  The guy is NOT good.  He needs to go to whomever will take him. 

You know what gets me is that the Lakers have all these young guys but they always get injured.

D'Russ is out again. We should trade him and someone else (like the injury prone Nance Jr.) for a more durable star. They're using Ingram as a PG anyways (although he looks fragile too).

irvinehomeowner said:
You know what gets me is that the Lakers have all these young guys but they always get injured.

D'Russ is out again. We should trade him and someone else (like the injury prone Nance Jr.) for a more durable star. They're using Ingram as a PG anyways (although he looks fragile too).

Lakers got hammered last night. Do you think Luke has second thoughts coming to the Lakers?

Ask Phil to trade Melo to the Lakers for nothing (nothing be D'Russ and someone).

I don't really like Melo but he's better than what the Lakers currently have.

Funny how LBJ doesn't even want Melo.

irvinehomeowner said:
Ask Phil to trade Melo to the Lakers for nothing (nothing be D'Russ and someone).

I don't really like Melo but he's better than what the Lakers currently have.

Funny how LBJ doesn't even want Melo.

Keep the crazy talk in the Trump threads! We're in tank mode. We need a top-3 pick this year or we lose the pick and a first rounder in 2018 to Orlando (if we keep this year's pick the Orlando pick converts to two second round picks). Admittedly, trading for Melo might actually improve our probability of keeping a top-3 pick this year.  :eek:

Patience is necessary. These kids are young. Try to remember what other current stars played like as 19/20 year olds. Harden was just a sixth man slasher for his first two years in OKC. Klay Thompson was just a skinny shooter. Paul George was a long athletic project. etc.

Actually Lakers will lose the 2019 1st round pick to Orlando.

I agree... they should tank, and who better to help a team lose than Melo?

irvinehomeowner said:
Actually Lakers will lose the 2019 1st round pick to Orlando.

I agree... they should tank, and who better to help a team lose than Melo?

The fateful Dwight trade with Orlando sent them the Lakers' 2017 first round pick, but only two years after Lakers send first round pick to Suns (fateful Nash trade) from earlier trade (now due to 76ers). If this first round pick is not sent to Suns by 2017, then 2017 and 2018 second round picks to Orlando.

So, the Lakers can try to get a top-3 pick this year and turn that first round pick due to the Magic into two second round picks as a bonus; or the Lakers can try to win enough games to very likely not win a top-3 pick this year, and keep the burden of conveying a first round pick to the Magic.

So, long story short, if the Lakers lose at the rate they're losing and keep a top-3 pick position in the lottery, they:

1) Get to add another top talent in a reportedly loaded draft;
2) Get to convert a first rounder due to Orlando to two second rounders; and
3) Must convey 2018's pick, regardless of position (pick #) to Suns (currently 76ers).

The young, very young, Laker core is generally considered: Russell, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson, and Nance. After the last few games though, the Laker with the highest upside today, and I stress today, might be Zubac - great length, good feet, soft hands, soft touch, very skilled for 19 years old, and fluid in the offense. Zubac is already a more valuable player than Mozgov, which might say more about Mozgov than Zubac, but that's another issue (a multi-year, tens of millions of dollars issue...).

That mozgov deal... *shakes head
I haven't followed his stats and compared to Hibbert, but I doubt his output is worth that stupid deal

Also, the deng deal, wasn't expecting him to perform that bad

Should've made jerry west the supreme executive gm vp or whatever and have the buss kids not get involved

So we bring in Mozgov on a YUGE contract, even though the league has been evolving for years into "space and pace" play, with the given rationale that he provides a big long body to guard the few effective bigs remaining (and to set massive screens). So why then, when they're playing one of the few teams with an effective big (Kings - Cousins), does he log just 11 minutes?

I think Kupchak has drafted the best available player for a few years. Kudos. But the Deng, and especially the Mozgov contracts, will be his undoing. The Lakers have a two-year window to sign a big FA before they have to start extending the young guns to bigger contracts. They're constrained because of the Deng & Mozgov contracts. Thanks Mitch!

Note to Lakers - Please don't put Magic in charge. We need advanced metrics guys in charge. The Dodgers finally did this, and now the Lakers need to do so.

I don't think Magic is going to "save" the Lakers like other fans do.

He's too old school like Byron Scott.

It's funny that now the ESPN radio hosts are recognizing what most of us thought on free agent day, that Mozgov and Deng were overpriced signings. Still not sure why they signed them to multi-year contracts, I think Mitch and Jim thought they were signing Timofy Duncan and Luol Cinder.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Mitch and Jim thought they were signing Timofy Duncan and Luol Cinder.

LOL.  I'm guessing you've been waiting awhile to use those names.  In any event....well done...especially Luol Cinder. 

Heh... I don't plan that far out... it would have been better if I could've thought of current NBA players that matched up.

Timofy Hardaway Jr?

The only other good active Lou I could think of, the Lakers already have and may trade. Tyrone Luol Deng is coaching.

Anyone who says the Lakers should try to keep winning because that's what the playing in the NBA is about clearly doesn't know that is not what the NBA is all about. It's okay to lose battles to win wars, to sacrifice a queen for checkmate... Team Tank!!

I'm aboard the team tank completely now! HAHA  ;D

Lonzo ball and fultz would be great lead guards for us.  We could move Russell to the 2 position where he is more natural as

Hypothetical, would you guys do this trade?

Luol Deng
Lou Williams
Randle

for

Carmelo?

We get to drop Deng's contract, get a legit 4 in Carmelo.  Knicks do it for some instant scoring with Lou and a young piece in Randle

SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'm aboard the team tank completely now! HAHA  ;D

Lonzo ball and fultz would be great lead guards for us.  We could move Russell to the 2 position where he is more natural as

Hypothetical, would you guys do this trade?

Luol Deng
Lou Williams
Randle

for

Carmelo?

We get to drop Deng's contract, get a legit 4 in Carmelo.  Knicks do it for some instant scoring with Lou and a young piece in Randle

Magic Johnson wil turn the Lakers around?  ;D

Back