Lakers News

Lakers lost to the Jazz last night. Also, Gordon Hayward from the Jazz did not play.

If the Lakers want to go somewhere, they should consider making a trade.

eyephone said:
Lakers lost to the Jazz last night. Also, Gordon Hayward from the Jazz did not play.

Disagree.  We need to patient and let the young talent develop.
Luke already said this season is about the progress of the core, not wins.  Let's not rush to gut a team for a star

Say a Anthony Davis or Cousins/Paul George come available, every talk from other team will start with Russell/Ingram and probably their choice of 1 between randle/clarkson/nance/zubac

SoclosetoIrvine said:
eyephone said:

Disagree.  We need to patient and let the young talent develop.
Luke already said this season is about the progress of the core, not wins.  Let's not rush to gut a team for a star

Say a Anthony Davis or Cousins/Paul George come available, every talk from other team will start with Russell/Ingram and probably their choice of 1 between randle/clarkson/nance/zubac

We don't have time to be patience. Fans are leaving and sick of the team's performance. First it was Dantoni's, then Dwight Howard's, then it was Byron Scott's. (throw in Nash and Kobe) I think a lot of people are kind of tired of excuses.

I hate to say it: Let's make the Lakers great Again

Jeannie B. gave a timeline for expectation of the  Lakers, which is make it to the western conference finals?
http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...ss-hold-jim-buss-timeline-20150106-story.html

Do you think the Lakers will make it to the western conference finals with the current team?

There is a possibility if, the Lakers make a trade.

Patience! Develop the kids & explore possible trades, but don't force anything. Keep competing & losing, & maybe get another top 3 pick.

eyephone said:
Another Lakers loss.
That's okay, they will go 80-2!!!

I think most of the radio hosts are predicting Lakers will get 17-20 wins this season but I actually think they could win more than that.

Will they get to the playoffs? Not this year... at least not in the West.

What I don't like is how the young guns celebrate, flex and look so cocky whenever they make a point (anyone see D'Angelo saying "My house!"?)... calm down... none of you are superstars or even all-stars yet.

Julius Randle is turning out pretty good.

I like the point-forward development of Brandon Ingram.

Don't think the Lakers will get a pick this year... there's talk they should tank but are there any good top-3 draft prospects?

Still think Mozgov and Deng were too expensive.

irvinehomeowner said:
Julius Randle is turning out pretty good.

I like the point-forward development of Brandon Ingram.

Don't think the Lakers will get a pick this year... there's talk they should tank but are there any good top-3 draft prospects?

Still think Mozgov and Deng were too expensive.

Agreed, Randle is looking the most promising out of the young core
He needs to build his off hand, he's just so strong he just bullies his way in.  If he had a nice eurostep/floater/off hand, he could realistically average 22-23 a game

Ingram has looked better offensively, slowly building back to the nba speed

Mozgov has been decent but I think they already regret Deng.  While he's playing okay, they really strapped themselves long term to those 2 contracts that it'll be a long time until we have max space again. 

They probably are going to lose their pick but I think if we're able to keep it, Fultz looks really good.  Or Lonzo Ball if they feel D'angelo is more of a 2.  D angelo has suck an advanced post game that I was screaming at the tv at the end of that Portland game when we kept jacking up quick 3's instead of putting Russell on the block. 

Randle is NOT impressive in my opinion.  His hands seem too small to be a consistent Point Forward.  Actually, his overall game lacks consistency....some games he looks amazing, but others he looks subpar.  His FG% needs to be way above 50% to be an efficient PF. 

paydawg said:
Randle is NOT impressive in my opinion.  His hands seem too small to be a consistent Point Forward.  Actually, his overall game lacks consistency....some games he looks amazing, but others he looks subpar.  His FG% needs to be way above 50% to be an efficient PF.

I have the same thoughts regarding Randle.

What do you think about trading for Butler or another superstar?

eyephone said:
paydawg said:

I'm all in for trading for a superstar.  I'd like to see Cousins on this team.

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
paydawg said:

Then what do we do with Mozgov?

While people might enjoy the fire, I don't like the way D'Angelo was jawing at Lillard last night. He's only 20 years old, has only played one year and he's talking trash to a proven point guard? It shows his immaturity (which jives with the Nick Young incident). I posted this before but these guys can't be so big-headed... maybe they got that from playing with Kobe. The other thing is all that did was get Lillard mad and Russell couldn't respond... and the Lakers lost.

I used to not like Randle that much but considering he was drafted 7th and playing better than top 5 picks around the league, he's good value.

Cousins is talented, but his attitude and most likely high money contract will be hard to deal with. Lakers put too much money in Moz and Deng, so it would have to be some type of trade involving one of those guys which no other team would take (because they're smart unlike the Lakers).

Watching Moz play, I actually am okay with him at the price because all the other bigs I was talking about before aren't really doing much either... but Deng, while a good veteran, is just way too high.

It's funny because the Lakers are only about 3 games out of 8th behind Portland... but after last night's game against them, going to be hard to see them get in there although the Kings, Pelicans and Nuggets don't seem like they would be too hard to have a better season than.

One ESPN radio host said it might be better for them to get into the postseason even if they lose the 1st round just to get some experience and a winning mindset to prepare them for the next few years. They got lucky the last 2 drafts keeping their picks (and getting #2 twice) but I doubt they'll get top 3 this year so they might as well go for it.

eyephone said:
paydawg said:

Are you prepared to trade Ingram, Russell and Randle for Butler...cause that would probably be what the Bulls would want.  I don't know if either team makes that deal, to be frank. 

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
paydawg said:

Cousins and the Kings have reportedly agreed to a 5 year extension (albiet, a lot can change between now and this off-season when he can sign it).  Deal is supposedly 5yrs 207M.

irvinehomeowner said:
While people might enjoy the fire, I don't like the way D'Angelo was jawing at Lillard last night. He's only 20 years old, has only played one year and he's talking trash to a proven point guard? It shows his immaturity (which jives with the Nick Young incident). I posted this before but these guys can't be so big-headed... maybe they got that from playing with Kobe. The other thing is all that did was get Lillard mad and Russell couldn't respond... and the Lakers lost.

Hmm, context matters. Whether or not DLo's trash talk was appropriate depends wholly on what Lillard was doing and saying. If an All Star like Lillard is setting screens with his elbows flared, excessively pushing off, or talking non-stop nonsense, then you tell him to "Cut that $#%^ out." And it always escalates when you tell someone to cut the BS.

Perspective said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Hmm, context matters. Whether or not DLo's trash talk was appropriate depends wholly on what Lillard was doing and saying. If an All Star like Lillard is setting screens with his elbows flared, excessively pushing off, or talking non-stop nonsense, then you tell him to "Cut that $#%^ out." And it always escalates when you tell someone to cut the BS.

Agreed context matters.  Can't back down depending on circumstance
I was more upset at Clarkson's shuffle with Dragic.  That was unnecessary I think.

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Perspective said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Agreed context matters.  Can't back down depending on circumstance
I was more upset at Clarkson's shuffle with Dragic.  That was unnecessary I think.

Frustration?

Perspective said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If you saw the play and then the replay, it was clear that DR was puffing his chest needlessly. He shouldered Lillard after the play... Lillard took offense then DR kept jawing and calling him "chump".

I'm sure you Laker lovers wouldn't take that if some 2nd year player was saying that to Kobe.

Regardless, rooks and sophomores should stay humble.

Back