Laguna Altura is HOT!

qwerty said:
i started carrying a water gun on my dog walks. i think like 50-60% of the folks i encounter on my walks are asian. if i say hi and they dont say hi back i squirt them with my water gun. hopefully after enough squirts i can get them to assimilate to the US culture and and get them to say hi.

can i get arrested for this?

you... I like you.

bones said:
jamboreedude said:
29 MODENA Irvine, CA 92618
$1,495,000
HOA Dues: $295/mo.
3 Beds
2.75 Baths
2,380 Sq. Ft.
$628 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 2012
Lot Size: 4,235 Sq. Ft.
On Redfin: 1 day
Status: Activehttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/29-Modena-92618/home/40525268

Holy!  $628 psf!  That backyard is nice.  House is done tastefully.  But for this $ per square foot, you have lots of other options in and out of Irvine.

Wow. Yup, tastefully done home (from what I can see), but not $628/sq foot-nice. One thing I noticed: It seems the planks for the deck in the yard are done at 90 degrees to the planks done inside the home. That seems kinda odd, as I think it'd be natural to lay the planks in the same direction inside and outside.

jamboreedude said:
Oct 21, 2013 Delisted (Hold)  

No longer for sale! Wonder why  ???

$1,495,000
3 Beds
2.75 Baths
2,380 Sq. Ft.
$628 / Sq. Ft.

it's back on the market again with a new description of the home:

Set Amongst the hillside of Laguna Canyon, The Cortona community at the Italian inspired village of Laguna Altura is an innovative and unique neighborhood that offers an intimate environment of beauty and tranquility in an exclusive, gated community. This is a unique and different home - to set yourself apart. Minutes away from Laguna Beach, while being conveniently located next to the world-class shopping and entertainment center of Irvine Spectrum Center. The highest grade of wood flooring, carpet and tile work was used throughout with special solid surface counter tops were selected for this home. Privacy - outer Cortona loop and amazing views of the mountains and the Spectrum High rises from the 2nd floor. 2,380 Sq. Ft. 3 Bedrooms , Office (4th), plus custom loft office for a 2 person office or great study area. The Gourmet kitchen offers a unique natural stone on the center island. The custom landscaping and saltwater pool were designed by professional architect and installed by a detailed focused craftsman. The custom water features in both the front and backyard only add to the private and relaxing outdoor entertaining areas of this home.

jamboreedude said:
FranchisePlr said:
One of my co-workers just moved into his Laguna Altura home but since he has a condo from family that he lived in for pennies, he was thinking about selling.  He bought for $670,000 Plan 1 Siena and saw going prices of $829k.  He was wondering if it was worth it....5% fees plus taxes would still net a profit....worth it??

That Sienna home for $829K is not getting much traction. It's been on the market for about 43 days already. From what I have gathered, the homes in Cortona are selling much faster, going pending in a week or so after initial listing, and at $500+ psf.

FINALLY PENDING SALE!  :D

52 BIANCO Irvine, CA 92618
$830,000 Listed at Price
3 Beds
2.5 Baths
1,644 Sq. Ft.
$505 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 2011
Lot Size: ?
On Redfin: 53 days
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/52-Bianco-92618/home/49881263

Goriot said:

Look at the price history of this home! I doubt this home will sell at the asking. If anybody buys this piece of crap, he must be smoking crack. It clearly belongs in the what-the-fu*k category  ::)

100 LUPARI Irvine, CA 92618
$1,199,000
4 Beds
3 Baths
2,095 Sq. Ft.
$572 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 2013
Lot Size: 3,500 Sq. Ft.
Status: Activehttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/90-Lupari-92618/home/45378500

All the properties per sq footage seem really high for Irvine.  Would it be safe to say that besides Turtle Ridge, Laguna Altura commands the highest sq ft per dollar?

PENDING SALE TODAY!
Listed at Price $1,495,000

3 Beds
2.75 Baths
2,380 Sq. Ft.
$628 / Sq. Ft.
On Redfin: 13 days
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/29-Modena-92618/home/40525268

jamboreedude said:
jamboreedude said:
Oct 21, 2013 Delisted (Hold)  

No longer for sale! Wonder why  ???

$1,495,000
3 Beds
2.75 Baths
2,380 Sq. Ft.
$628 / Sq. Ft.

it's back on the market again with a new description of the home:

Set Amongst the hillside of Laguna Canyon, The Cortona community at the Italian inspired village of Laguna Altura is an innovative and unique neighborhood that offers an intimate environment of beauty and tranquility in an exclusive, gated community. This is a unique and different home - to set yourself apart. Minutes away from Laguna Beach, while being conveniently located next to the world-class shopping and entertainment center of Irvine Spectrum Center. The highest grade of wood flooring, carpet and tile work was used throughout with special solid surface counter tops were selected for this home. Privacy - outer Cortona loop and amazing views of the mountains and the Spectrum High rises from the 2nd floor. 2,380 Sq. Ft. 3 Bedrooms , Office (4th), plus custom loft office for a 2 person office or great study area. The Gourmet kitchen offers a unique natural stone on the center island. The custom landscaping and saltwater pool were designed by professional architect and installed by a detailed focused craftsman. The custom water features in both the front and backyard only add to the private and relaxing outdoor entertaining areas of this home.

Tyler Durden said:
jamboreedude said:
Tyler Durden said:
Owner said it will close later this month.

Was it an all-cash buyer, foreign?

Didn't get that out of them - but they got really close to their full list price.  We will see once it goes final and all the concessions / horse trading is done.

I wonder why they would really want to sell after putting in so much time and effort decorating and upgrading the home. Maybe for a quick profit of $200K. Based on the listing info, it appears they lived in the home for about a year only and want out for whatever reason.

bones said:
jamboreedude said:
Tyler Durden said:
jamboreedude said:
Tyler Durden said:
Owner said it will close later this month.

Was it an all-cash buyer, foreign?

Didn't get that out of them - but they got really close to their full list price.  We will see once it goes final and all the concessions / horse trading is done.

I wonder why they would want to sell after putting in so much time and effort decorating and upgrading the home. Based on the listing info, it appears they lived in the home for about a year only and want out for whatever reason.

White flight??!! I wonder the same thing about the 2.6m lambert ranch house for sale. Same deal. Highly upgraded and lots of time/$ spent. Only lived there for maybe a year.

Yeah, most likely white flight for the one at Laguna Altura. The one at Lambert Ranch appears to be an Asian owner (I'm guessing because the seller's agent name is Chinese) who may have decided to get out because the community is near the landfill I bet.

jamboreedude said:
Goriot said:

Look at the price history of this home! I doubt this home will sell at the asking. If anybody buys this piece of crap, he must be smoking crack. It clearly belongs in the what-the-fu*k category  ::)

100 LUPARI Irvine, CA 92618
$1,199,000
4 Beds
3 Baths
2,095 Sq. Ft.
$572 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 2013
Lot Size: 3,500 Sq. Ft.
Status: Activehttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/90-Lupari-92618/home/45378500

Carpet in the dining room.  I heard that's the latest fad in million dollar homes.

OC13223560_8_0.jpg

bones said:
so 60 modena has to be white flight.  they're moving to newport beach.

Yeah, must be white flight! This home is PENDING for more than a month already. Looks like closing of escrow is a problem due to buyer's inability to come up with the cash and/or appraisal came in lower than expected.

Back