Juniper at Beacon Park

Wonder what exterior the models will have, I do like Juniper last phases with large lots, $100-150k premium?

Got an email from Pulte, starting at $1.2 million, the plan 3 is looking better and better.  Outdoor kitchen can hold the second fridge.  Dual decks upstairs.  High ceiling entrance, den, dining, 2nd story loft, upstairs laundry, only thing missing is the living room but I can go without it.  Presale starts 8/1

Anyone with 2nd story decks?  Plus or minuses?  I'm thinking cleaning will be a pain, dust, leaves, bird droppings, and the most negative is probably security since burglars can target the 2nd story deck as entry point.

I had a second story deck on my condo, more pros than cons. 

I barbecued out there, left the door open for a nice breeze upstairs, could open and walk out on the deck when I needed to flag down friends who were coming for the first time.

It was a pain to clean but really only needed to do it about every 6 months.  I used to sweep it but that didn't work well so I had to drag the hose upstairs, drop it down and connect it to the garage spigot.

Who you fooling ps9, I know you'll end up in BP one way or another.

ps9 said:
I'm fooling myself, wife is still a no go on cemetery, will be lookie loos only.

So, is she seriously concerned about something related to the cemetery, or is she solely concerned with what crazy family and friends will repeatedly say to her about the cemetery?

They said avg lot sizes around 5-6k.  Nicer than the avg 4k sizes of current tic products

I hate to say it but it is the taxes that worry me the most about Beacon.  They are just so much more then all of the TIC neighborhoods (and yes, I'm a cheapass) for a comparable home.  Unless of course the amounts reported here ended up being incorrect.  Floor plans they sent in the email about the pricing sale (and the pictures) look nice. Lots are nice. 

Bullsback said:
I hate to say it but it is the taxes that worry me the most about Beacon.  They are just so much more then all of the TIC neighborhoods (and yes, I'm a cheapass) for a comparable home.  Unless of course the amounts reported here ended up being incorrect.  Floor plans they sent in the email about the pricing sale (and the pictures) look nice. Lots are nice.

read the thread and didn't see any numbers quoted?

Any info on taxes?  2% total?

Bullsback said:

Agreed. If the effective tax rate in Beacon Park on a $1.3M home is 1.75%, that's ~$350 more monthly than a neighborhood with an effective 1.4% tax rate (OH and SG). If you have the income to support an 80% LTV loan on this $1.3M house (as opposed to $1.3M cash), then you're in the AMT and property taxes aren't effectively deductible. That $350 more monthly requires you adjust the price ~$75K to account for the increased property taxes.

Bullsback said:

The numbers are probably accurate. The taxes can be overlooked if the location was more "perfect" (ie no cemetery and no former base stigma). Buyers in BP are basically banking on the elementary school being amazing (which it probably will be) and the connection to great park proper being beneficial (more of an unknown). 

PS is building more on the outskirts of the base north of Irvine blvd, so it's not like tic is not going to have products near the cemetery and the base.
I wished plan 1 had a loft upstairs instead of that flex room downstairs...

AW said:
PS is building more on the outskirts of the base north of Irvine blvd, so it's not like tic is not going to have products near the cemetery and the base.
I wished plan 1 had a loft upstairs instead of that flex room downstairs...

Yea but who wants to use PS as a benchmark. It trades lower than all of the newer irvine neighborhoods.

So been emailing sales back and forth today, got an appointment on Saturday for the preview, not much hoops to jump through, didn't ask me to prequal nor asked what percent down I'm putting, etc.  sales mentioned its first come first serve????  How does that work?  Pulte sales process different than other builders?  So whoever gets the first appt at 10am gets first dibs?  Doesn't seem fair.

that seems perfectly fair. first come first serve. isnt that what the time stamp is when the other builders make you qualify?

ps9 said:
So been emailing sales back and forth today, got an appointment on Saturday for the preview, not much hoops to jump through, didn't ask me to prequal nor asked what percent down I'm putting, etc.  sales mentioned its first come first serve????  How does that work?  Pulte sales process different than other builders?  So whoever gets the first appt at 10am gets first dibs?  Doesn't seem fair.

My experience with Pulte is you just have to be there at the right time/right place and they'll sell you anything. 

SORRY. But if U have to ASK about MR or HOA on a $1M+ home, you should NOT be buying a $1M+ home.

Back