Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

PaperNC,
I respectly disagree that there is unlimited amount of land in Johns Creek. There is actually limited amount of land within the Johns Creek city boundaries.
http://theprovidencegroup.com/bellmoore-park/siteplan

Bellmore Park is one of the last large 600 home master planned subdivision within city limits. Prices between $400k to $1 million. Land gets cheaper the 40 miles north of Johns Creek.

paperboyNC said:
lnc said:
The interesting thing about Irvine is that there is a big discrepancy between medium income of entire Irvine household and medium income of home buyer.  Irvine consist about 45% Asian but 90% of home buyers are Asian.  The medium income for Irvine are around $85,000 but the home buyer's medium income are almost double that number, estimate around $150,000.  And the most impress thing about the home buyers in Irvine is that almost everyone bring at least
paperboyNC said:
Baby Irvine said:
Among the 11 wealthiest cities in the United States, Johns Creek has the lowest HI ratio, which means that this city is the most undervalued.

Prices are set by supply and demand. There is too much supply of land in the Johns Creek area for prices to ever sky rocket. Here in Irvine the ocean / camp pendleton / the mountains limit land. Heavy traffic on the freeways makes it undesirable to relocate too far away.
20% down payment to the table if they are not already pay full cash.  In most home buyer's case, the HI to home price ratio is about 5, not ideal but doable.
paperboyNC said:
Baby Irvine said:
Among the 11 wealthiest cities in the United States, Johns Creek has the lowest HI ratio, which means that this city is the most undervalued.

Prices are set by supply and demand. There is too much supply of land in the Johns Creek area for prices to ever sky rocket. Here in Irvine the ocean / camp pendleton / the mountains limit land. Heavy traffic on the freeways makes it undesirable to relocate too far away.
A lot more matters than income as the number of cash buyers in real estate in general will tell you. Someone can inherit $2,000,000 and report a negative income last year due to investment losses.

Master Planned Community In Johns Creek! Coming Summer 2014!

Welcome to Bellmoore Park, an upcoming Master Planned Gated Community in the heart of Johns Creek on Bell Road, featuring over 600 luxury and low maintenance homes offering homeowners an amenity rich lifestyle. This breathtaking gated community spans over 224 pristine acres and will offer only the best in amenities including a clubhouse, two pools, eight lighted tennis courts, 5 acre natural park, over 70 acres of green space plus HOA maintained landscaping and lawn care.

f42tde.jpg

The Providence Group of Georgia, LLC has officially broken ground on its newest community, Bellmoore Park. Located in sought-after Johns Creek, Bellmoore Park is the largest residential development to be started in the northern arc of Atlanta in more than a decade.

?We officially signed the contract for this property in September 2012 and 18 months later we are excited to celebrate the groundbreaking of Bellmoore Park. We have felt from the beginning that this property has the potential to be the most significant new community in the North Atlanta market and we know that in five years Bellmoore Park is going to set a new standard of quality and attention to detail that all other communities will aspire to replicate. Locations like this come along once in a generation and we are looking forward to creating a community that will set a new standard for luxury living,? stated Warren Jolly, president of The Providence Group of Georgia, LLC.

The Providence Group of Georgia, LLC hosted a groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 20 at Bellmoore Park. Representatives from the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce, City of Johns Creek and the media joined The Providence Group of Georgia, LLC in celebrating this monumental occasion.

Upon completion, the 224-acre Bellmoore Park will feature more than 600 single-family homes priced from the low-$400,000s to the $1 millions. Homes at Bellmoore Park will showcase a wide-variety of brand new home designs that appeal to home buyers looking for a luxurious, low-maintenance lifestyle. 

In addition to the stunning homes, Bellmoore Park will offer a lifestyle unmatched by any other community with key amenity areas located on the most pristine acres within the community. The centrally located, nine-acre amenity area will feature a spacious clubhouse with fitness center, expansive, manicured lawns for outdoor events, two pools, and eight lighted tennis courts. The amenity plan also includes four acres of landscaped community parks and 50 acres of undisturbed natural areas. The entrance will be gated and will include a guard house for future community security. 

To create a beautiful community with small town charm, luxurious finishes, and exceptional detailing, The Providence Group of Georgia, LLC has assembled an extraordinary team of talented architects including Stephen Fuller with Stephen Fuller Designs, David Grace with A Classical Studio and Bassenian Lagoni an architectural firm from California. ?We are determined to develop the most innovative, livable and unique home designs the Atlanta market has seen in a generation.  We are very excited to be working with such an amazing team of architects, ?said Jolly.

?We take great pride in the attention to detail that has been undertaken in the design of Bellmoore Park. From the home designs and streetscapes to the amenity and landscape design, Bellmoore Park will be unlike any other luxury community in Atlanta. We would like to thank our partners and our amazing team at The Providence Group of Georgia, LLC for turning this dream into a reality,? added Jolly.

Outside the gates of Bellmoore Park, residents will enjoy a prime location in the heart of Johns Creek on Bell Road. Highlights of the area include convenient access to Autry Mill Nature Preserve & Heritage Center, Johns Creek Arts Center, Emory John?s Creek Hospital, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre and the new 45-acre Encore Park in nearby Alpharetta. Situated near the banks of the historic Chattahoochee River and the Chattahoochee River National Recreation area, homeowners will also enjoy exploring the surrounding nature with parks, hiking trails, kayaking and much more.

Additionally, Johns Creek was recently ranked the second safest city in Georgia according to SafeWise, making it the perfect place to raise a family. Children at Bellmoore Park will receive a top-rated education attending Shakerag Elementary, River Trail Middle and Northview High schools.

The response to Bellmoore Park has been overwhelming with over 200 prospective buyers joining Bellmoore Park?s VIP Interest List. Current plans are to begin taking reservations and start home construction in mid-Summer of 2014.To receive regular community updates register on the Bellmoore Park VIP Interest List by visiting www.bellmoorepark.com. 

fwkl0o.jpg

If only I can get my hands on a time machine and travel back in time....  How awesome would that be?

e0ququ.jpg

51sn82.jpg

Irvine Median home price history:

1988 $216,464
1989 $237,410
1990 $239,024
1991 $242,877
1992 $237,451
1993 $230,598
1994 $228,529
1995 $229,959
1996 $246,865
1997 $245,437
1998 $263,172
1999 $278,148  <----- Today, Johns Creek is here.
2000 $308,089 
2001 $334,741
2002 $379,852
2003 $461,888
2004 $609,397
2005 $635,675
2006 $722,928
2007 $665,807

From 1994 - 2006, home prices in Irvine appreciated 316%. In November 2011, the bottom median home price in Johns Creek was $254,000. I don't believe that Johns Creek home values will triple in value in 12 years like it did in Irvine, but do believe that home prices in Johns Creek will appreciate at least 200% from its November 2011 low to slightly over $500,000 sometime between 2020-2023. Renting will be cheaper than owning when prices get to this level.

Today, home prices in Johns Creek are 22% from the bottom and still has 78% to rise.

Observe how important the entry point is.

Had you bought a home in Irvine in 1988 and held on to it for 10 years your home would have appreciated 22%.

Had you bought a home in Irvine in 1989 and held on to it for 10 years your home would have appreciated 17%.

If you bought in Irvine in 1996 and held until 2006 your appreciation is 293%. This is how important timing and entry point when investing in real estate.

Glad to see you posting again! I started lurking when you were kind of on your way out but I always enjoyed hearing about your experiences. 

Don't forget to bump this thread in 10 years.

IHS aka BKshopr,

Country Club of the South is Johns Creek's version of Shady Canyon and Bellmoore Park is Johns Creek's 600 home new construction version of Turtle Rock and Turtle Ridge.. It is going to be massive new gated community unseen in Johns Creek. Bellmoore will be built in the Northview HS cluster, Johns Creek's version of Uni High. This high school is Georgia's first Asian majority high school and ranked #1 in the state.

Bump this thread in 10 years... Mark my words, this subdivision is going to be gold.

v7uw4n.jpg

Coleman said:
Glad to see you posting again! I started lurking when you were kind of on your way out but I always enjoyed hearing about your experiences. 

Don't forget to bump this thread in 10 years.
irvinehomeshopper said:
Loves the Woodbridge and Turtle Rock era of Johns Creek. Since you have the time machine please don't let it become Stonegate in 20 years .

Here is where it gets interesting: Johns Creek did not exist back in the late 80s. The unincorporated land was known as Duluth.

Had you bought a home in Duluth in 1988 and held on to it for 10 years
your home would have appreciated 37.25%

Had you bought a home in Irvine in 1988 and held on to it for 10 years your home would have appreciated 22%.

Had you bought a home in Duluth in 1989 and held on to it for 10 years
your home would have appreciated 41.11%

Had you bought a home in Irvine in 1989 and held on to it for 10 years your home would have appreciated 17%.

Had you bought a home in Duluth in 1996 and held on to it for 10 years
your home would have appreciated 51.6%

If you bought in Irvine in 1996 and held until 2006 your appreciation is 293%.

I guess we can assume that Johns Creek will appreciate 51.6% from the bottom of the curve in 2012 to the top of the curve 2022 ????? if that is the top because that is what happened in the past.

Here is the interesting part. Duluth home prices rose 18.5% in 2013. This appreciation has never been precedented in the history of Atlanta real estate. Can you please guess or explain why that is?

What is different about Duluth in 2013 compared to 1996?

Baby Irvine said:
Observe how important the entry point is.

If you bought in Irvine in 1996 and held until 2006 your appreciation is 293%. This is how important timing and entry point when investing in real estate.

Baby Irvine said:

1988 $216,464
1989 $237,410
1990 $239,024
1991 $242,877
1992 $237,451
1993 $230,598
1994 $228,529
1995 $229,959
1996 $246,865
1997 $245,437
1998 $263,172
2000 $308,089 
2001 $334,741
2002 $379,852
2003 $461,888
2004 $609,397
2005 $635,675
2006 $722,928
2007 $665,807

From 1994 - 2006, home prices in Irvine appreciated 316%. In November 2011, the bottom median home price in Johns Creek was $254,000. I don't believe that Johns Creek home values will triple in value in 12 years like it did in Irvine, but do believe that home prices in Johns Creek will appreciate at least 200% from its November 2011 low to slightly over $500,000 sometime between 2020-2023. Renting will be cheaper than owning when prices get to this level.

Today, home prices in Johns Creek are 22% from the bottom and still has 78% to rise.

What about median home prices from 2007 to 2012? You seem to be missing those above.

"From 1994 - 2006, home prices in Irvine appreciated 316%."
What was the appreciation from 1994 - 2012? Just curious..

I think Irvine's bottom was around 579k around the Sept/Oct time frame in 2011. So between 1994 - 2011 bottom is around 253%.

The greatest appreciation took place between 2002 - 2006. 1994 - 2001 was very moderate appreciation in Irvine.

I am really curious to see the performance of Johns Creek /South Forsyth in the next 5-10 years. I think we will see appreciation that is unprecedented from 1992 -2007. Between 2000 - 2010, there is more than 1,000,000 people who moved to Atlanta metro vs LA/OC metro which I believe was right around 463,000.

dfeioo.jpg

quattroporte said:
Baby Irvine said:

1988 $216,464
1989 $237,410
1990 $239,024
1991 $242,877
1992 $237,451
1993 $230,598
1994 $228,529
1995 $229,959
1996 $246,865
1997 $245,437
1998 $263,172
2000 $308,089 
2001 $334,741
2002 $379,852
2003 $461,888
2004 $609,397
2005 $635,675
2006 $722,928
2007 $665,807

What about median home prices from 2007 to 2012? You seem to be missing those above.

"From 1994 - 2006, home prices in Irvine appreciated 316%."
What was the appreciation from 1994 - 2012? Just curious..

Thanks to Panda/BI, when you google Johns Creek vs Irvine, this TI thread actually pop up as #2 search result.  The #1 search result also have Panda/BI's foot prints all over the place.

I like this capoeira person's post especially the last statement. :)
[size=10pt]
Originally Posted by capoeira

Originally Posted by mrpanda
I find both cities be very similar. Good schools, large Asian base, and nice subdivisions. Compare and contrast these two cities.

I don't think you could find two communites more different.

Irvine: extensively planned community with small lots,sidewalks,walking trails,safe wide streets with center dividers and very bright street lights.

Johns Creek: Randomly developed community with very poor infrastructure,poor street lighting and fewer sidewalks.

Irvine: extensive public transit with Metrolink Rail and several OCTD bus routes.

Johns Creek: Almost zero public transit except for a rush hr. express bus to Doraville.

Irvine: Has an important regional airport,very convenient for travel

Johns Creek: Airport on other side of the region

Irvine: Home to a major University of California campus. Also home to Concordia University and Irvine Valley College.

Johns Creek: Does not even have a community college

Irvine: Chinese influx

Johns Creek: Indian and Korean influx

Irvine: Home to major employers including Fortune 500 companies like Gateway,Allergan & Broadcom.

Johns Creek: Mainly a bedroom community,more jobs in the Windward part of Alpharetta and Atlanta.

Irvine: 5 miles to the beach

Johns Creek: 200+ miles to any Ocean beaches

Irvine: distinctly planned village communites with walkable neighborhood elementary schools.

Johns Creek: Most kids ride buses or are driven to school.

Irvine:excellent freeway access with the 5,405 and 133.

Johns Creek: not convenient to either the 400 or 85 freeways.

Irvine: profiled in the book Edge City by Joel Garreau as a city of the future.

Johns Creek: profiled in the book Reloville by Peter Kilborn as an example of the suburban nightmare that people were happy to move away from.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/575402-considering-move-irvine-ca-atlanta-ga-3.html

Wow. this is an old post I responded to 5 months prior to moving to Johns Creek.

Interesting. An Irvine resident named Diggums starts a thread:

"Considering the move from Irvine CA to Atlanta, GA" - written Feb. 23, 2009

I've been lurking and thought I'd start my own thread to address my own concerns.

Wife and I are considering a move to Atlanta after living in Southern California for the last 11 years. We are pushing 38 and 34 with a 5 year old and a new infant. No more kids. One boy, one girl.

We moved to California from Charleston, SC. I went to University of Kentucky, where I met my wife, and have lived all over the south, even Atlanta back when I was 5 or so in the early 70s.

Anyway, we want a similar lifestyle to what we currently have. Beautiful, cared for neighborhoods, even gated if possible. Golf course community is greatly preferred. I am open to a price range on a house from between 450,000 to $750,000.

Good schools top the list.

It would be nice to live in an area with the finest grocery stores, plus a Trader Joe's (don't know if they are in Atlanta).

We are of a strong conservative mindset, but do not subscribe to any religions...which is one reason we ruled out Charlotte. We want to be around like minded people after such diversity out here and/or liberalism. Yes, Orange County is the conservative hub of Southern California, but overall, we are tired of extreme taxes, stringent gun laws, being far from family, etc.

Please tip me off on where we want to be looking for a home.

Also, I'm an attorney. In California, we have a publication called The Daily Journal which offers advertising for legal positions. We also use Craigslist a lot out here. Atlanta seems to have some legal job activity on Craigslist, but are there any other sources?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Don't get me wrong. I like diversity. However, there are some other factors that have played into our consideration of moving back east.

We went to enroll our kid into kindergarten at the neighborhood school. I own two properties valued at over $600,000 in this neighborhood, and have for five years. I've been paying property taxes on these homes, I'm led to believe that this money goes to fund the public schools.

So, when I went to enroll my kid, I find that my kid is in a lottery, because there are not enough seats and too many kids. Come to find that the influx of Asians into my neighborhood is very high, whether tenants or home buyers, because my district is Irvine's finest school district. So my kid may not have a seat because of the incoming kids whose parents are gaming the system. This really pisses me off because I've been paying property taxes on two properties for over 5 years. And someone who just moved here and has lived here one month has a kid that may get my kids seat. This is total BS and I'm not pleased about it.

Further discussions with the principal reveals that Asians moving from overseas, which there are a lot of right now, come straight to our neighborhood. I bought in this tract when it was newly built. This problem was not identifiable back then.

I love my Asian neighbors. I find them to be great neighbors and very nice people. But I'm still pissed that they are filling up our neighborhood at the rate they are and very likely are bumping my kid into an undesirable school district. She will be picked up at the "good" school and taken on a bus to a crap school.

Anyway, when I was a kid in the south, it was a given that you attended the school in your district and they made room for you. Further, while there was a mix of races in the school, which I am very happy with, I was not part of a very, very small minority. My kid will be if we stay in a good area out here.

I lived in Atlanta. I lived in Charleston, SC. And I've lived in Montgomery. Black people are fine. I do not have a hangup with race, at least, until I find that certain groups are gaming the system to my kid's disadvantage, and many in that group are fresh off the boat. Nothing makes me more angry. Many of the parents at the school tour could hardly speak English, yet their kids may prevent my kid from attending. Total bs.

Enough for the rant. So my wife and I are talking about moving back east where we can get rid of a problem such as this, and raise our kids where there are good southern / conservative values in an area where there is still diversity on all fronts, and my kid can attend the school in the district I am paying my property taxes in.

Read more:http://www.city-data.com/forum/atla...-move-irvine-ca-atlanta-ga.html#ixzz325RsNtb6

Read more:http://www.city-data.com/forum/atla...-move-irvine-ca-atlanta-ga.html#ixzz325RmQdim

lnc said:
Thanks to Panda/BI, when you google Johns Creek vs Irvine, this TI thread actually pop up as #2 search result.  The #1 search result also have Panda/BI's foot prints all over the place.

[size=10pt]

I find both cities be very similar. Good schools, large Asian base, and nice subdivisions. Compare and contrast these two cities.

Irvine: extensively planned community with small lots,sidewalks,walking trails,safe wide streets with center dividers and very bright street lights.

Johns Creek: Randomly developed community with very poor infrastructure,poor street lighting and fewer sidewalks.

Irvine: extensive public transit with Metrolink Rail and several OCTD bus routes.

Johns Creek: Almost zero public transit except for a rush hr. express bus to Doraville.

Irvine: Home to a major University of California campus. Also home to Concordia University and Irvine Valley College.

Irvine: Home to major employers including Fortune 500 companies like Gateway,Allergan & Broadcom.

Johns Creek: Mainly a bedroom community,more jobs in the Windward part of Alpharetta and Atlanta.

Irvine: distinctly planned village communites with walkable neighborhood elementary schools.

Johns Creek: profiled in the book Reloville by Peter Kilborn as an example of the suburban nightmare that people were happy to move away from.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/575402-considering-move-irvine-ca-atlanta-ga-3.html

Inc,

No place is perfect and that also goes with Johns Creek. Here is my feedback capoeira's post.

The city of Johns Creek was incorporated in December of 2006.  A lot has changed since then. The area I live looks very different from 3 years ago. Johns Creek newly elected mayor has strong leadership, committed to local job growth, and change. Johns Creek has a master plan called the "2030 Vision plan" Poor infrastructure is a problem with Atlanta's fast growth spurt north. The Master plan of Forsyth County is going to be very different. 

This is somewhat true. MARTA line run to the Hartfield Airport up to Doraville. There are bus public transit in Johns Creek, but must have a car here.

This is THE AREA that bothers me the most. We don't have a domestic airport like John Wayne which is desperately needed in the northern Atlanta. Many attempts have been made like Gwinnett County Airport, but DELTA wants monopoly and politicians always get in the way. Atlanta Hartsfield airport is the largest and busiest airport in the U.S. The largest Korean Airline plane flies direct from Hartfield. It takes almost 1 hour drive from Johns Creek to the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport.

This is true. I don't see any community colleges near me. As Irvine is anchored by UC Irvine, Johns Creek is anchored by a large medical community. Our medical facilities are among the best and any of Emory hospitals are located here.

True, Irvine largest Asian demographic is Chinese, Korean, then Indian. Johns Creek, the largest Asian demographics is Indian, Korean, then Chinese.

This is somewhat true, but many large Tech employers are moving into Johns Creek Technology Park is. The Fortune 500 companies are located in Suwanee, Duluth, and Alpharetta. There is a lot of growth in IT jobs here. 

This is true as well. You have to drive 5 hours to get to the closest beach in Florida. We also have Kiawah Island in South Carolina which is another beautiful beach. I've been Siesta Beach, Clear Water, Santa Rosa Island. I think the beaches in Florida are much nicer than the coastal beaches in South California.

This is also true.

From where I live, I can get on either 400 or 85 freeway within 10 minutes.

I see so many transplants moving here than moving out. I also see more and more California plates here, including two Irvine plates last week. Atlanta metro has a population inflow of little over a million in the last 10 years whereas LA/OC metro only grew 400,000. Georgia's population is only 1/4 the population of California, but Atlanta metro's population growth has more than doubled that of LA/OC.

lnc said:

[size=10pt]

Capoiera forgot to also contrast the weather... I could never live in the South although I might lose weight from sweating all the time.

JC can never be Irvine on location alone, 5 hours to a beach... good golly miss molly. Maybe you might be better at comparing Yorba Linda, Corona or Norco to JC.

Irvinehomeowner,

I don't think anyone would argue here that Irvine's weather is better than Johns Creek if you want sunshine all year around. I heard that Irvine hit close 100 degrees last week, while it was in the high 50s for us. In 2013, we didn't have any snow, but 2014 was an unusual winter where a 3 day snow storm shut down the entire city.

I would consider living in Irvine if the home prices were 150% of Johns Creek, but 300% - 400% I don't think Irvine is worth that premium.

Also keep in mind that Irvine 2014 is much more developed and mature than an emerging city like Johns Creek 2014. You really need to compare Irvine when it was an emerging city back in the 80s and 90s compared to the present day Johns Creek.

irvinehomeowner said:
Capoiera forgot to also contrast the weather... I could never live in the South although I might lose weight from sweating all the time.

JC can never be Irvine on location alone, 5 hours to a beach... good golly miss molly. Maybe you might be better at comparing Yorba Linda, Corona or Norco to JC.

80s, 90s or 2014... weather is still better and beaches are still closer... if you can afford to pay the 300-400% premium, it's worth it.

Back