Irvine's 5th High School

the link works for me too. both IE and Firefox.
I did not realize Foothill Ranch is so far from the middle and high schools in the district. It must be very inconvenient for the parents to drop off and pick up their kids.

And that's why I think the SVUSD IUSD line doesn't make sense, but that has more to do with the old El Toro MCAS days. That's when the districts were figuring how to split up the students of military families, of course making those who serve our country an afterthought.

FR parents are pretty influential in their district and don't seem concerned about the distance to their HS. Of course most kids drive anyway.

I still think the district is oddly serving the GPs needs before the existing communities of CV, WB, and SG.

Kangen.Irvine said:
And that's why I think the SVUSD IUSD line doesn't make sense, but that has more to do with the old El Toro MCAS days. That's when the districts were figuring how to split up the students of military families, of course making those who serve our country an afterthought.

FR parents are pretty influential in their district and don't seem concerned about the distance to their HS. Of course most kids drive anyway.

I still think the district is oddly serving the GPs needs before the existing communities of CV, WB, and SG.

I think when they had CV, WB, and SG in mind.. they had enough room for the schools.. not the GP kids.  There will be a 6th HS built in the next 5 years as well, so I hear.

I don't really care whether LA kids go to Uni or the new HS but it was really silly logistically to send them all the across to the new high school.

Irvinecommuter said:
I don't really care whether LA kids go to Uni or the new HS but it was really silly logistically to send them all the across to the new high school.

It makes sense to keep them in Uni and it's a setup to kick out Westpark when HS#6 rolls around.

The California Court Company said:
I did not realize Foothill Ranch is so far from the middle and high schools in the district. It must be very inconvenient for the parents to drop off and pick up their kids.

I hate to ruin a good piece of sensationalism, but it actually becomes more convenient for the parents when they attend junior high. That is because SVUSD actually offers school bus service. Our stop happens to be only three houses away.

SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:

I hate to ruin a good piece of sensationalism, but it actually becomes more convenient for the parents when they attend junior high. That is because SVUSD actually offers school bus service. Our stop happens to be only three houses away.

Consider yourself lucky.  I had to walk 1/2 a mile UP HILLS for my bus stop at SVUSD.  REAL steep HILLS!  In rain and hot sun too!  Oh the stories I can tell about the bus stops to my kids and grand kids.  :p

Look at this map.  It seem pretty obvious where HS #6 will go.  I predict SG, SGE, WB, WBE, CV, CVE will go to HS #6 with PS, LR, PP, GP remaining in HS #5.

Revised-high-school-boundary-proposal-from-May-27.png

Back