Irvine turning into ghetto?

Looks like I moved to Tustin ranch south just at the right time.

Irvine = almost ghetto

Give it 10 years and

Irvine = straight up ghetto

I don't know what it is about Columbus Square, I know it's not "Irvine"... It just doesn't feel like "Irvine"... Homes are new and what not but it feels like it's missing something.. Maybe the pricetag? lol .. Can't describe it.

H        O        M        E        R said:
I don't know what it is about Columbus Square, I know it's not "Irvine"... It just doesn't feel like "Irvine"... Homes are new and what not but it feels like it's missing something.. Maybe the pricetag? lol .. Can't describe it.

Perhaps it's because Santa Ana is 1 mile down Edinger.

I know a few people who live in this community and for me it's a poorly designed neighborhood with only one way in/out. Also, a poor location across from the railroad tracks but it's adjacent to Irvine which is it's saving grace otherwise these homes should be selling closer to Santa Ana prices. I know my friends who live there regret buying there.

Jason is right. The landscaping, also most of, if not all new irvine hoods have nice entrances with two lanes of traffic going each way. The medians are nicely landscaped (no medians in Columbus square). But that was part of the trade off for getting a 3000 sq ft house with a 3 car garage on almost a 5000 sq ft lot for a staring price of 760

I think it's more the layout of the neighborhood. They have a wide variety of home types (and builders) in a smallish area whereas Irvine tracts from 2010 and before have larger areas for the tracts that reflect the same style.

From 2011 on, even though the newer tracts are more dense, Irvine can keep that homogeneous feel because they are the builder (Irvine Pacific) and/or master developer. Portola Springs is a little more mixed but I think where we will see that Columbus-type feel at 5 Points with multiple builders and a wide variety of product types.

Yeah the lack of entrances/exit is not ideal at Columbus square. That should change soon when the Tustin ranch road and Valencia loop are opened up later this year. When Armstrong opens up that will take you to barranca

this is an important point -

"Although there are more poor people living in Irvine than before, the percentage of people living in poverty increased only slightly, according to the Brookings data. "

so not quite the doom and gloom that some people are saying...

I was walking around the CS hood with my pops Saturday to check out the open houses and he said "it feels cheap here".. I asked him why and he couldn't even explain it to me but after visiting my place in woodbury and visiting my rental at cs, that's all he said.  He doesn't know what's Irvine or what's Tustin so that's not a factor.

I was walking around the CS hood with my pops Saturday to check out the open houses and he said "it feels cheap here".. I asked him why and he couldn't even explain it to me but after visiting my place in woodbury and visiting my rental at cs, that's all he said.  He doesn't know what's Irvine or what's Tustin so that's not a factor.

The density/quantity of the attached product doesn't help.

haha ur damn right irvine is turning into a ghetto... i mean i moved here lol... (this is what happens when u cant afford no palos verdes D''': )

i qualify for low income/ extreme low income some years... hahaha so im adding to the statistic!! :D

Are you sure he didn't see some guy walking his dogs around in CS that made him draw that "cheap" conclusion?

Or maybe the area you walked through had more of the back alley homes where your area is full driveways? Driveways are bling nowadays... at least $100k extra.

Back