Irvine Graffiti

IndieDev said:
If you want real ghetto, check out Woodbury, and the type of cars flying in and out of there onto Jeffrey. It's ricer parade, and then some.

I?ll be sure to lookout for that.
The only parade I?ve seen are all the White RX300s and Black ML350s Mommy Brigade

WoodburyDad said:
IndieDev said:
If you want real ghetto, check out Woodbury, and the type of cars flying in and out of there onto Jeffrey. It's ricer parade, and then some.

The only parade I?ve seen are all the White RX300s and Black ML350s Mommy Brigade

They're actually more dangerous.

yes, the Darth mobiles.

IndieDev said:
WoodburyDad said:
IndieDev said:

homer_simpson said:
IndieDev said:

I agree.. Had a few Woodbury Ricers hit me up...  Guess they didn't know their fart can muffler Civic Si can't touch my ESS Supercharged M3  :p

People still fix up rice rockets?  That was so 1995.. Brings back memories of my '95 Civic with a 2" drop with Neuspeed Race springs and a RS Akimoto Air Intake that increased 2 horsepower!  I think I was in SF back then, cleaned up alot of the streets with my lowered car... Now I cruise around in Irvine 9-6 with my bland Avalon while trying to listen to Chris Botti on Pandora in my car via Bluetooth thru my iPhone with my daughter in the carseat in the back blaring her Yo Gabba Gabba.. how life has changed...

irvinehomeshopper said:
yes, the Darth mobiles.

IndieDev said:
WoodburyDad said:
IndieDev said:

You should see me roll up in my minivan. Hardcore!

homer_simpson said:
I'll snap some pictures when I get it back from the dealer.  Getting some "Warranty" work done lol and then I may sell it for something else.

iacenter- VT2 with a conservative tune.

USC - 12MPG which isn't bad, I use to get 15MPG stock.  The Prius balances me out to 30MPG LOL

Besides USC and I on Talk Irvine, anyone else got a M or into cars?

I dont have an M, but was thinking about one (4 door).. but may likely end up w something else for growing family (i do like the e70 lci)...  if i didnt waste so much money on cars, maybe i could afford a house in irvine... DOH!...    You can still drive fast in Irvine...  90mph almost every morning on 261 from Irvine Blvd... then same on MacArthur from Jamboree to NB (nice open stretch)...    ill have to start checking 0-60 times for Siennas and Odysseys soon...

I know we went the car talk direction in this thread but here are more pics I snapped today in the same area (Culver at the 405 North on-ramp next to Westpark 1).

Looks like the Irvine city clean up crew is not getting to this in a day like they used to.  Budget cuts maybe?

IrvGraffiti2-1.jpg

Irvgraffiti3.jpg

irvgraffiti4.jpg

Before kids I was a rotary guy.  I had an RX7 (1983RX7!) with a street ported 13B motor (built by J.J. from South Central if you knew him) and a 44 Weber down draft carb with dual exhausts from the Racing Beat headers back.  I loved the Racing Beat clutch. 
For suspension I had sway bars, tower brace, springs and Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks. 
Ah,I miss the power and response compared to what I drive now.

My buddy had a T04 turbo with Nitrous attached to his '79 RX7.  It blew flames out the back like the Batmobile.  That was stupid fast.

Back in the last 90s I picked up a used 95 Toyota Supra.  Dropped about $25k into it, including a custome t3/t4 twin turbo set up.  I put down about 550hp to the rear tire and that car was scary fast to drive and would want to fish tail a lot.  Sold the car about a year after the Fast & Furious came out for about $5k less than what I paid for the car and upgrades.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Back in the last 90s I picked up a used 95 Toyota Supra.  Dropped about $25k into it, including a custome t3/t4 twin turbo set up.  I put down about 550hp to the rear tire and that car was scary fast to drive and would want to fish tail a lot.  Sold the car about a year after the Fast & Furious came out for about $5k less than what I paid for the car and upgrades.

I loved the '90's turbo Supra's.  I never got one because I was a poor dude back then.  Had to barter/trade and scrounge for my upgrades and do all my installation/repairs myself.  I learned my RX7 inside and out.  I actually stripped it down to the bare frame (pulled dash, electrical, motor, trans and rear end as well) and rebuilt it myself.  Boy I had a lot of time on my hands before getting a wife and kids. 

Someone needs to organize a TI mancave day so some of you guys can get reacquainted with the hairy underbelly of your gasfed roots.  I don't like compromising in or on the garage.

Pick up a gas pressure washer @ Sam's or Costco and you can take care of any graffiti that a garden hose can get to.

Every one scratches their head. Who has a mancave or backyard big enough to accommodate a large crowd?

daedalus said:
Someone needs to organize a TI mancave day so some of you guys can get reacquainted with the hairy underbelly of your gasfed roots.  I don't like compromising in or on the garage.

Pick up a gas pressure washer @ Sam's or Costco and you can take care of any graffiti that a garden hose can get to.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Every one scratches their head. Who has a mancave or backyard big enough to accommodate a large crowd?

daedalus said:

We can meet up at the pocket park
I'll check with the HOA about booking the gazebo

Pocket Parks are not under the jurisdiction of HOA. It is a responsibility of the masters association.

WoodburyDad said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

daedalus said:

We can meet up at the pocket park
I'll check with the HOA about booking the gazebo

davenlei said:
Before kids I was a rotary guy.  I had an RX7 (1983RX7!) with a street ported 13B motor (built by J.J. from South Central if you knew him) and a 44 Weber down draft carb with dual exhausts from the Racing Beat headers back.  I loved the Racing Beat clutch. 
For suspension I had sway bars, tower brace, springs and Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks. 

My buddy had a T04 turbo with Nitrous attached to his '79 RX7.  It blew flames out the back like the Batmobile.  That was stupid fast.

hmmm. u old enough to have been at the maria st or wilmington races?  83 dates u as my generation was all about the fc rotaries.. 

akim997 said:
davenlei said:

hmmm. u old enough to have been at the maria st or wilmington races?  83 dates u as my generation was all about the fc rotaries.. 

Yep.  Maria Street, Ana Street, Wilmington, Sylmar (if I remember correctly).  Remember all those days fondly.

Back