Irvine city council elections and your home value/quality of life.

Who would you vote for?

• Steven Choi

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Mary Ann Gaido

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Katherine Daigle

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
snut100 said:
eyephone said:
There's only one question to ask. Where did the $200 million go?

I like to answer this question on behalf of the Great Pork Planning Commission.  It was a typo all along.  Someone added an extra zero to the end and that somehow manifested to gossip due to social media.  We should set the record straight and say we can confidently produce and justify $20 million of expenses.  The other $180 million is just your imagination.

As for elections, I grow really tried of those campaign signs all over Irvine.  It's just a distraction and eyesore and slows down traffic.

I find it gives me something to read? while stuck in traffic on Culver? cuz you know, green grass and trees get boring. 

Larry Agran's rebuttal against Measure W is so laughable. In case you don't know, Measure W puts lifetime term limit on mayorship and council membership. The current term limit rule only applies to consecutive terms, so the loophole is to alternate between mayor and council member to stay in the council forever until War World Z, which Agran has been doing for the last 20 years. His argument against Measure W is that Choi can potentially be in power until 2026. But the term limit applies to every one so it is fair. It does not guarantee Choi will be elected every time.

Agran is so afraid of losing his power and he can no longer milk the city. He made off so much out of the city he should take his money and run to a place w/o extradition
treaties. Orange county DA is a friend of his so that DA needs to be voted out when the time comes.

By the way it is not 200 million spent on the park. It is 250 million. Agran's greed has no boundaries.

I have no idea who I'm going to vote for with all the mudslinging. Agran's campaign has pissed me off however. On the Irvine Community News and Views  Facebook page, in response to a negative Choi story, I mentioned how people should be aware that Irvine Community News and Views is not neutral and is in fact part of the Agran campaign. So, take what they have to say with that in mind. My comment was deleted and I have been barred from posting any other comments on their Facebook page.

Really? Can't Agran withstand scrutiny? In fact, I didn't even post anything negative. I just let people now that Irvine Community News is not a neutral source of information.

Because of this alone, I'm highly unlikely to vote for Agran and block.

If you don't know who to vote for, then you should vote for the newcomer.
Power corrupts even the best people, and a newcomer has not been corrupted as much yet.
Here is an article about the corrupting influence of power.
http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.aspx?ItemId=145828&CultureCode=en

We should think of power like the TCE plume. 
Power corrupts over time. 
TCE plume causes cancer over time.

I agree with the idea of starting with good intentions...and after 10 yrs or longer, corruption sets in. 
Examples of this are Susan G Komen, Goodwill, Yelp, BBB...etc.

That's why Talk Irvine will probably become corrupt one of these days..If there is money to be made...

How can TI become corrupted?
When popular posters like me start telling people to use Window Decorators because they are so cheap and great, while they are paying me money to promote them here.

Ok...I'm just giving an example.  I'm not popular nor am I taking a kick back from anyone........

............ yet.

zubs said:
If you don't know who to vote for, then you should vote for the newcomer.
Power corrupts even the best people, and a newcomer has not been corrupted as much yet.
Here is an article about the corrupting influence of power.
http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.aspx?ItemId=145828&CultureCode=en

We should think of power like the TCE plume. 
Power corrupts over time. 
TCE plume causes cancer over time.

I agree with the idea of starting with good intentions...and after 10 yrs or longer, corruption sets in. 
Examples of this are Susan G Komen, Goodwill, Yelp, BBB...etc.

That's why Talk Irvine will probably become corrupt one of these days..If there is money to be made...

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT I WORK FOR RESORT STYLE BACKYARDS?

we have a few members with hidden agenda. The most obvious one is James Park, aka Panda, who lives and makes his living as a real-estate investor in Johns Creek, used to soliciting for his business here under the disguise of giving out financial advice and/or sharing his life story in Georgia.

He has stopped posting after he gets exposed.

zubs said:
How can TI become corrupted?
When popular posters like me start telling people to use Window Decorators because they are so cheap and great, while they are paying me money to promote them here.

Ok...I'm just giving an example.  I'm not popular nor am I taking a kick back from anyone........

............ yet.

I'm a liberal. In the past 20 or so years, I don't recall ever voting for a Republican (when I first registered to vote, I registered as a Republican and initially would vote Republican, but my views changed as the years went by). However, I'm so turned off by the Larry Agran campaign that I'm seriously considering and probably will vote for Republican Choi.

Anyone want to tell me why I shouldn't vote for Choi?

NYT said:
I'm a liberal. In the past 20 or so years, I don't recall ever voting for a Republican (when I first registered to vote, I registered as a Republican and initially would vote Republican, but my views changed as the years went by). However, I'm so turned off by the Larry Agran campaign that I'm seriously considering and probably will vote for Republican Choi.

Personally...local races mean much less for political parties.  Especially candidates that don't really look more higher office.

For me, all the choice are about equal.  Choi hasn't done anything other than go after Agran.  Agran is...well Agran.  Fox is with Agran. 

Irvinecommuter said:
NYT said:

Personally...local races mean much less for political parties.  Especially candidates that don't really look more higher office.

For me, all the choice are about equal.  Choi hasn't done anything other than go after Agran.  Agran is...well Agran.  Fox is with Agran.

I agree that for local races political parties make much less difference. That said, other things equal, I prefer people who have a general outlook that agrees with my political leanings.

i agree.. less political battles between parties in local elections.

I think all of the candidates are backed and participate in their party affiliated activities and it would be hard for any to deviate against their party.  That said, I know that getting involved and going to council meetings and respectfully ask for consideration of an important issue regarding Irvine, most will listen and then be able to use that with a company or political party to say their hands are tied because the voters or constituents are requesting something different.

NYT said:

I hear ya brother. I was going to reject both Choi and Agran's candidate (Gaido) by voting for Daigle. Then I googled Daigle and found her facebook page with Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly listed as favorites. She should take that crap down as it is likely doing her more harm than good.

We received a fairly sleazy mailer from the Agran/Gaido campaign accusing Choi of being anti-Chinese. The mud being thrown back and forth in this campaign is pretty astonishing.

NYT said:

Agran is a typical Democrat.  I suspect your views will continue to change as you get older (aka wiser).

Didn't Choi and Lalloway work on the current compromised plan to build a smaller park?
If you don't like that plan, what's your realistic alternative? more cemeteries or low-income housing? or just leaving the land undeveloped?

It is true that Choi and his gang spent 1 million to investigate Agran, who wasted 200+ millions. If there is something criminal, perhaps we can recover some of the millions...

Irvinecommuter said:
NYT said:

whats the lifecycle of political views? when you are young you are with no money you vote democrat, when you get older and have money you vote republican.

Back