iPhone 7

Happiness said:
Costco has a Verizon promotion.  Free* LG  G pad 10" tablet (*with $150 rebate).  Access fee $10/mo.  Now if they were giving away iPads, I'd be all over this.

So how long do you have to subscribe to this?  I mean.. can you just get the tablet.. sign up.. then cancel the line?  No more contracts right?  What's the catch.. i would just use it over wifi. 

jmoney74 said:
Happiness said:
Costco has a Verizon promotion.  Free* LG  G pad 10" tablet (*with $150 rebate).  Access fee $10/mo.  Now if they were giving away iPads, I'd be all over this.

So how long do you have to subscribe to this?  I mean.. can you just get the tablet.. sign up.. then cancel the line?  No more contracts right?  What's the catch.. i would just use it over wifi.
Don't know, I wasn't interested enough to ask.  Go to the phone kiosk at Costco to find out.

Did a speed test on lte on the 6s plus and was getting download speeds in the 65 mps range. On my 5s I would get 25-30.

Got the pink phone today for the wife, but still no space gray phone for me :(

If anyone wants a 6s space gray (non-plus) Best Buy in Tustin has a bunch

ps9 said:
If anyone wants a 6s space gray (non-plus) Best Buy in Tustin has a bunch
I assume it's the 16GB.

It's ridiculous that Apple purposely removed the 32GB so people would be forced to pay to go to 64GB.

Most other phone vendors start at 32GB.

16gb aka delete a pic to take a pic?
No thanks. Going for the 128 this time. Not messing around.

qwerty said:
Did a speed test on lte on the 6s plus and was getting download speeds in the 65 mps range. On my 5s I would get 25-30.

Same here, even on wifi it's faster:  clocked 161 Mbps on the pink phone.

ps9 said:
qwerty said:

Same here, even on wifi it's faster:  clocked 161 Mbps on the pink phone.

What cell network are you on? I'm on Verizon and only see 15-20 Mbps.

There are 2 advantages with going on AT&T or TMo with the 6s/6+s as those phones support LTE coverage that VZW and Sprint don't:

For AT&T it's LTE Band 30 (or WCS), basically an additional LTE lane for data.

For TMo, it's Advanced LTE or what they call Extended Range LTE which uses the 700mhz spectrum (also known as Band 12) and gives you better coverage in range wise and inside buildings.

irvinehomeowner said:
There are 2 advantages with going on AT&T or TMo with the 6s/6+s as those phones support LTE coverage that VZW and Sprint don't:

For AT&T it's LTE Band 30 (or WCS), basically an additional LTE lane for data.

For TMo, it's Advanced LTE or what they call Extended Range LTE which uses the 700mhz spectrum (also known as Band 12) and gives you better coverage in range wise and inside buildings.

Maybe it is time to switch. I didn't realize there was such large variability in LTE speed between providers.

I'm hoping for 5G within 2 years:
http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-to-hold-worlds-first-crazy-fast-5g-wireless-field-tests-next-year/

Abou a week or so ago I checked my data usage (unlimited data plan) and saw that I had exceeded the 5gb threshold where att would throttle the lte speed down to .5 Mbps and saw that I was lat 6.5 and wasn't getting throttled.  Turns out about three weeks ago att increased the threshold on unlimited data plans to 22gb before the throttling starts. At this point I would never give up my att unlimited plan especially when I pay 65/month.

qwerty said:
Abou a week or so ago I checked my data usage (unlimited data plan) and saw that I had exceeded the 5gb threshold where att would throttle the lte speed down to .5 Mbps and saw that I was lat 6.5 and wasn't getting throttled.  Turns out about three weeks ago att increased the threshold on unlimited data plans to 22gb before the throttling starts. At this point I would never give up my att unlimited plan especially when I pay 65/month.

#IgotUnlimitedAlso

So who's doing leasing instead of 2 yr contract?  Not sure which would be cheaper but we have 15gb plan shared so leasing seems cheaper on paper.

I switched to leasing/split payments.

Depending on the phone and the subsidy, it can be cheaper either way but in most cases the math works out almost the same.

The good thing about no contract is you can switch carriers easily but even with contracts, most carriers are offering to pay the termination fees.

We used to have grandfathered unlimited data on AT&T but it was cheaper to sign up for a mobile share plan.

If you have Wifi all over the place (work and home), most people don't really use more than 2GB of data a month (unless you're qwerdata).

Back