How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

Thanks, should be funding on Monday, will celebrate then,  probably a Ren/La Sirena combo followed by dessert at Jin Bei.  Can't do ATB too often, remember I want to reach sub 200lbs by Xmas?  I'm already lost about 4 lbs since I started going to the gym more.  Gonna start wearing hoodies on the elliptical to sweat more.

Another thing, print out your last mortgage statement from the old bank before payoff.  I do online statements, and if you don't snap shot your last statement it will be gone after it is paid off.  Some banks completely delete your account.  I even print out the YTD interest/principal summary page just in case for taxes.

ps9 said:
Can't do ATB too often, remember I want to reach sub 200lbs by Xmas?  I'm already lost about 4 lbs since I started going to the gym more.

just call lebron and ask him for his daily meal plans. you will be 175 in 6 weeks.

Not changing meals that much, still eating the foods i like, smaller portions, cut out soda, cut out places where I can over-indulge, and limit my beer intake.  I recall at the peak of my fitness decades ago, I did a sub 7 minute mile (good by my standards).  Hoping to repeat that soon when my knee is 110%.

Mine funded today, my lender called me the "referral machine".  Must've pulled in a lot of business for her.  Friendly emails, never actually talked to her, which always make these transactions kinda weird.  I liked the fact she emailed me on doc signing day saying she's available if any question arises.  This is at 7-8pm, never had this kind of service for a refi.  My Jersey Shore brokers are always hard to get a hold of and when you do talk to them, the heavy accents can be daunting.  Her being in the same time zone is a great plus. 

ps9 said:
Mine funded today, my lender called me the "referral machine".  Must've pulled in a lot of business for her.  Friendly emails, never actually talked to her, which always make these transactions kinda weird.  I liked the fact she emailed me on doc signing day saying she's available if any question arises.  This is at 7-8pm, never had this kind of service for a refi.  My Jersey Shore brokers are always hard to get a hold of and when you do talk to them, the heavy accents can be daunting.  Her being in the same time zone is a great plus. 

you should take her out to lunch to say thanks - she is cute. i go down to SD about once a month, so if you dont i may have to :)

I came to know through one of my friend experience with Wescom.
Delay in closing loan on time.
At least 2 to 3 days delay even through various followup escalation process.

FYI... caution when lending through Wescom even though they are local to SoCal.

My latest refi just populated my chase log in, turned on auto pay to October 15th to maximize my grace period, and I'm done.  Gonna make a principal payment soon to catch up with the two months no mortgage payment (paid interest at closing but no principal). 

The company I went with was unable to "find an investor" to fund the loan. My wife switched recently from a W2 income to a 1099 income so most lenders won't count her income. This one said they had it approved with only my income (my income is also not cut and dry). I paid for an appraisal based on their assurance that if the appraisal was good, the loan would close. The appraisal is non-transferable. Should they pay for any of it or am I stuck eating the cost?

Only in the very rarest of circumstances can a lender use income from a borrower who recently switches from W-2 to 1099/Self Employment. The best case scenario is when a Lawyer within a partnership forms their own law firm, or a Doctor leaves Kaiser and forms their own medical practice. Depending on the nature of the employment (not income) that your spouse is in, there could be an option, but again it's rare.

The appraisal for the most part is good for that lender only. You have to pay for a new appraisal if another company other than the one you started with is going to fund your loan. I'd ask if there is an appraisal review process required at any of the lenders you're working with. Many mortgage bankers will need 2 appraisals, or an appraisal with a second review ($100-$300) depending on the value of your home.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Only in the very rarest of circumstances can a lender use income from a borrower who recently switches from W-2 to 1099/Self Employment. The best case scenario is when a Lawyer within a partnership forms their own law firm, or a Doctor leaves Kaiser and forms their own medical practice. Depending on the nature of the employment (not income) that your spouse is in, there could be an option, but again it's rare.

The appraisal for the most part is good for that lender only. You have to pay for a new appraisal if another company other than the one you started with is going to fund your loan. I'd ask if there is an appraisal review process required at any of the lenders you're working with. Many mortgage bankers will need 2 appraisals, or an appraisal with a second review ($100-$300) depending on the value of your home.

My .02c

I'm not going to refinance at this point. My question is whether the lender should pay for the appraisal given that they misled me in order to get me to order it.

paperboyNC said:
Soylent Green Is People said:

My .02c

I'm not going to refinance at this point. My question is whether the lender should pay for the appraisal given that they misled me in order to get me to order it.

I think you have to eat the appraisal cost.

Back