How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

I'm refi'ing from 5/1 ARM to 5/1 ARM.  Current ARM is a little over 1 year, saving about $150/month in P/I payment with this refi.  Also paying principal down at closing, slowly trying to reach a mortgage where I can solo qualify.

Thumbs down on Rita's Ice, no places to sit (notice the trend?) and don't like eating in the dark outside.  We rather get Yogurtland.

ps9 said:
I'm refi'ing from 5/1 ARM to 5/1 ARM.  Current ARM is a little over 1 year, saving about $150/month in P/I payment with this refi.  Also paying principal down at closing, slowly trying to reach a mortgage where I can solo qualify.

Thumbs down on Rita's Ice, no places to sit (notice the trend?) and don't like eating in the dark outside.  We rather get Yogurtland.

The Ice cream and ice is good though.  Yes.. they need to put up some lights for outside seating.  Not sure how they will do on during non summer days?

I think Strickland's custard ice cream is better (made in the store!).

@ps9:

Why not invest that money instead of paying down the principal?

When I was down 20k plus on that HLF trade a couple weeks ago, one of the things I thought about was that I could have paid down the mortgage. Luckily it bounced back the next day and then some.

qwerty said:
When I was down 20k plus on that HLF trade a couple weeks ago, one of the things I thought about was that I could have paid down the mortgage. Luckily it bounced back the next day and then some.
Then it tanked again because their earnings weren't up to par.  That's one volatile stock.  You might as well trade the VIX.  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Strickland's custard ice cream is better (made in the store!).

@ps9:

Why not invest that money instead of paying down the principal?

Confetti in CM is still our go to place for custard and Italian ice.  Jolli rancher, big stick, cactus cooler flavors are my childhood memories.  Rita's ice menu selection is kinda confusing, I like some preselected choices so the average joe don't make a bad decision choice, like pairing coffee with tropical.

I don't have the stomach for the stock roller coaster, since we didn't buy in OH, wanted to get some better return on cash money that's better than my 0.8% savings rate.

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
Then it tanked again because their earnings weren't up to par.  That's one volatile stock.  You might as well trade the VIX.  ;)

Yeah man, I got out the day of the ackman recovery after I erased my losses. Then I told myself to stay on the sidelines till after earnings, which I did. Thank goodness. Now is a really good entry point for long term holding if you believe the FTC investigation won't result in shutting the company down, which I don't think it will. But on the off chance the FTC hits them hard that thing is going to single digits in a day. A 40 dollar drop is too much for me to stomach

Either I got a dumb notary or broker.  Notary claimed can't print docs due to not being given password.  Broker stated otherwise.  Loan signing delayed till tomorrow.

Looking over the HUD, I'm up about $20 after closing and all refunds for padding and extra interest are given back.  Gonna spend that on jalape?o burgers and Rita's ice (gonna give them one more chance).

found these guys tonite. they have a three year arm at 2.29% with no point/fees and $295 for closing costs. you need to have your payment automatically deducted from your checking account. the rate relock is a nice feature.
https://thirdfederal.mortgagewebcenter.com/

from their site:

Smart Rate Adjustable Mortgage: a minimal fee in Closing Costs (depending on the state where the property is located).

Wouldn't it be great if you could purchase or refinance your home at today's record low rates and not worry about closing costs? Well, with our Smart Rate Adjustable Mortgage, you can because you only pay a minimal fee in closing costs (depending on the state where the property is located). All other closing costs are paid by Third Federal, saving you thousands of dollars up front. And the interest rate is typically lower than what other lenders charge for their full closing cost loans.

The 3/1 Smart Rate Mortgage offers an interest rate lower than that of a fixed rate loan, usually more than 1?% lower. This lower rate can save you thousands over the first five years. After that, the interest rate adjusts to the Prime Rate once a year. You are not charged a margin or markup.

The 3/1 Smart Rate Mortgage offers you the following benefits:

Low Closing Cost Options - With the Smart Rate Mortgage you have the option to pay only a minimal fee in closing costs (depending on the state where the property is located). All other closing costs will be paid by Third Federal, saving you thousands of dollars up front. The interest rate on our Low Cost Smart Rate Mortgage is usually lower than what other lenders charge for their full closing cost loans.

Rate Relock - Our Rate Relock gives you control to relock your rate for five more years anytime, during the entire life of your loan. You can relock your rate for another five years to the current five year rate as often as you like, anytime you like for just $295 - 595 (depending on the state where the property is located), saving you thousands of dollars compared to the cost of refinancing. And no mortgage application or home appraisal is required. Rate Relock even allows you to relock your rate every five years so that you're never without a five-year fixed rate commitment. With Rate Relock, you'll never have to refinance again!

No PMI with 85% Loan to Value (LTV) - For those with excellent credit history we offer the ability to borrow up to 85% of your home's value without paying expensive mortgage insurance premiums. In fact there's no rate increase at all. If you are purchasing a new home, you can put 15% down and not pay PMI. If you are refinancing, you could qualify for a loan at 85% loan to value. Most other lenders require 80% LTV to refinance (85% LTV only available in OH, FL and KY).

Jumbo Loans at Discounted Rates - There are no rate increases on Jumbo Smart Rate Mortgages up to $1,000,000; in fact there is a discount. Other lenders typically add as much as 1% to your interest rate for loans over $417,000. Not with the Smart Rate Mortgage - your jumbo loan receives a lower interest rate than our conventional loan.

Indexed to Prime - After the first five years, your interest rate resets annually to the Prime Rate, the rate offered by most banks to only the very best customers. There is no margin or markup on the Prime Rate.

Margin - The margin is zero, no markup is added to your rate.

30, 15 and 10-Year Terms Available - We offer an option of a 30, 15 or 10-year Smart Rate Mortgage. If you would like to pay off your mortgage faster, the 15 or 10-year is a great option for you.

Periodic Rate Cap +/-2% - Your rate cannot increase or decrease by more than 2% in any one year.

Lifetime Rate Cap (Initial Rate +6%) - Your rate can never increase by more than 6% during the entire life of the loan.

No Prepayment Penalty - There is never a prepayment penalty or other incremental charge associated with paying off your loan.

3/1 ARM looks interesting.  I'm gonna have to look into this.  Wait... Cleveland?  I'm coming home...

That's an interesting loan.  I'm still leaning towards a 5/1 ARM because after the ARM period the rate would be 2.875% versus 3.25%.

I like ARM products, but not those tied to Prime. It's the fastest changing index there is for ARM loans and can be increase by percentage points swiftly. Nice features on the product, but a pass olfor me due to the index.

OS said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
I like ARM products, but not those tied to Prime. It's the fastest changing index there is for ARM loans and can be increase by percentage points swiftly. Nice features on the product, but a pass olfor me due to the index.

+1. Prime for credit cards, LIBOR for ARMs.

I, much like SGIP and OS, am not ready for primetime.

Closed books on another refi.  Fastest signing ever, was done in about 30 minutes with the notary.  So my next mortgage payment won't be due until October.  Make sure you make a principal payment during this "payment" free period.  You paid the interest already during escrow.  Make sure you send a principal payment to the bank.  So with $20 coming back and the $30 I spent on wiring fees, I paid net $10 for the refi. 

Back