House address number

aquabliss said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'm no feng shui expert, what I've posted is just common knowledge with Chinese people.  I haven't heard anything about backyard backing into a T, though some feng shui expert may deem otherwise.  Side note, is that Baker Ranch? or Irvine?  I saw Monarch and my house also backs up on Monarch as well.  Maybe same names  :-X

Yes, Viewpoint by TB:https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-homes-for-sale/California/Viewpoint-at-Baker-Ranch#siteplan

Oh god damn those are nice houses.  Are the models open yet? I might just go model touring during the weekend for kicks...that's way out of my budget haha

Feng Shui, 4 address numbers, T-street are basically just things that will limit your buyer pool.

Just like backing a freeway, being next to a cemetery/jail/waste dump, having a pool, no 3CWG... etc.

No dedicated laundry room is like 444 address to me.

So we should discuss some simple Feng Shui rules.

Bad:
House is @ a T intersection.
House address has a 4 in it.
Front door opens to stair way.
Front door opens and has a clear way to back door/back yard.
Upstairs bathroom toilet over kitchen stove?
Road is above house?

Good:
House address has a 8 in it.

If you wanna add to this list or erase something, be my guest.

@zubs:

You forgot east facing or west facing. I don't remember which one is good or bad.

Also: Number of shoes on porch... wait... that's my personal Feng Shui peeve.

zubs said:
So we should discuss some simple Feng Shui rules.

Bad:
House is @ a T intersection.
House address has a 4 in it.
Front door opens to stair way.
Front door opens and has a clear way to back door/back yard.
Upstairs bathroom toilet over kitchen stove?
Road is above house?

Good:
House address has a 8 in it.

If you wanna add to this list or erase something, be my guest.
Bad: Kitchen over bedroom...This is what you mean by bathroom toilet over kitchen stove right? One of our presumptive buyers told my agent they did not buy another home they looked at because of this.

irvinehomeowner said:
@zubs:

You forgot east facing or west facing. I don't remember which one is good or bad.

Also: Number of shoes on porch... wait... that's my personal Feng Shui peeve.

I forget as well if east or west is better or was it south, but the key is really the amount of natural sun light inside the home.  Sun light has a correlation with success so I know many people check the homes at different times of the day to make sure how much light can go in.  So there are many angles depending on which side your street is on that get very little sun light or if you are cramped in the middle of 2 home (condo style) which also may affect the feng shui or value to home buyers.

RE: toilet over kitchen.
It was something IHS posted 5 years ago on TI or IHB.  It's probably in the archives here.

I assume all the Feung Shui masters all live a long happy life, have great, healthy children, never divorce and are multi-millionaires.

If you can believe some numbers can control the future of your life, facing certain directions will make you rich or destroy your career, turning your bed can prevent you from getting sick, then I guess you can believe anything.

Movingup said:
I assume all the Feung Shui masters all live a long happy life, have great, healthy children, never divorce and are multi-millionaires.

If you can believe some numbers can control the fate of your life, facing certain directions will make you rich or destroy your career, turning your bed can prevent you from getting sick, then I guess you can believe anything.

people also believe a magic man in the sky can heal illnesses and control their fate if you talk to him every night and go to his house once a week.  who's to judge what anyone believes? 

the point of this whole discussion is that people DO believe things, and it affects the real estate market.

dethman said:
people also believe a magic man in the sky can heal illnesses and control their fate if you talk to him every night and go to his house once a week.  who's to judge what anyone believes? 

the point of this whole discussion is that people DO believe things, and it affects the real estate market.

Ah, I am not judging what others believe. Anyone can believe anything they want, my point is I am using common sense approach to tell people what makes sense and what doesn't. You get healthy when you eat right, exercise, avoid drinking, smoking, drugs. You get wealthy by working hard, get a good education, think about your future, save wisely and don't waste money on "toys".

As to Feng shui affecting house prices, I guess if you are in the business of flipping houses in Irvine, then it could be a factor. But if you are buying a house as your primary residence for the long term, I don't see why a house # or the direction of the house should stop you from buying if everything else fit.

Back