House address number

BruinDoc said:
Paris said:
jmoney74 said:
Is it on a T street?

How bad is "this" T street rule? Is it as bad as the "4"? Wondering why that Capella model 1 hasn't sold. It's right at the T intersection. Bridle path basically ends into it.
what are the worst feng shui faux pas to avoid. People in the current market in Irvine would probably want to know - whether they believe it or not obviously it will affect resale.
The T intersection thing is real. One of my good friends had trouble selling a model home that was on a T: several times on and off the market, and finally it sold. To whom? A caucasian family, even though most everyone who looked at it was Chinese. But I mean it was the model home and (obviously) was really  nice but for that darn T intersection...

Yes the T intersection is real.  In term of explaining it, the Chinese believe that their house is an energy (whether it's money/health) but mostly for money.  Similar to what I said many posts about in regards to opening the door and having direct access to the stairs in a straight line, they think that their wealth is going to flow straight through the door (or they can't keep it).  That's why a small angle or bend in the stairs is always important as it means they can hold on to their wealth.  So in a bigger look, that house if it goes straight into a T...is almost even worse as it means there's no stopping it...

Someone told me in feng shui, a T intersection for a business is good but not a house.  Is that right?  If that's true, working from home would be a wash.

but since we are talking about ooga booga magic, things don't have to make sense.

SoclosetoIrvine said:
BruinDoc said:
Paris said:
jmoney74 said:
Is it on a T street?

How bad is "this" T street rule? Is it as bad as the "4"? Wondering why that Capella model 1 hasn't sold. It's right at the T intersection. Bridle path basically ends into it.
what are the worst feng shui faux pas to avoid. People in the current market in Irvine would probably want to know - whether they believe it or not obviously it will affect resale.
The T intersection thing is real. One of my good friends had trouble selling a model home that was on a T: several times on and off the market, and finally it sold. To whom? A caucasian family, even though most everyone who looked at it was Chinese. But I mean it was the model home and (obviously) was really  nice but for that darn T intersection...

Yes the T intersection is real.  In term of explaining it, the Chinese believe that their house is an energy (whether it's money/health) but mostly for money.  Similar to what I said many posts about in regards to opening the door and having direct access to the stairs in a straight line, they think that their wealth is going to flow straight through the door (or they can't keep it).  That's why a small angle or bend in the stairs is always important as it means they can hold on to their wealth.  So in a bigger look, that house if it goes straight into a T...is almost even worse as it means there's no stopping it...

The superstition about money is ridiculous. However, from the practicality standpoint of not wanting headlights shining into your house, I understand why being at a T intersection is not desirable. Not to mention the small chance of crazy drivers losing control and crashing into your house or your front yard. Its happened before in Orange County, not even that long ago. Guy sleeping in his own house gets killed when drunk/high driver crashes through the front wall! Or your kid is playing in front of your house and gets run over.

Problem with the capella T is that every car from the development will pass by.  There are what,  75 homes?  Assuming 2.25 cars per household and a conservative 1.5 trips per day (in/out)  thats over 500 cars passing by your house or driving directly at your house every day.  As opposed to living on a cul de sac where there may be 20 trips.

Im sure the home will still get sold though.

It's pretty amazing there are so many people believing these things. But, people worship mummies, statues, animals.

I work on the 4th floor, we are busy, I am well and none of my colleagues die.

What are people's thoughts on homesite 34 in the attached plan at piedmont? It's on what appears to me a T, although it is a very small stretch of street in front though.

Attachments

• Piedmont Phase 16 Sales Map.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 84
Paris said:
jmoney74 said:
Is it on a T street?

It's pretty bad.. My dad says to avoid all homes on a T-junction. Some #4s are not that bad like #34. My dad would rather get a home address with the #34 than have a home on a T-junction. If that home is a must buy, then you can neutralize it somehow. I wouldn't know.. I suggest hiring some Feng Shui Master that can counter bad juju..

So, house 1) facing T street is bad, 2)house number ending in 4 is bad and 3) house number adding up to 4 is bad. That makes it tough selection....

Is the T only bad if your house ends directly in the T?  How about if you're 1/2/3 houses away from the T?  Is it not an issue at all, or just less of one?

aquabliss said:
Is the T only bad if your house ends directly in the T?  How about if you're 1/2/3 houses away from the T?  Is it not an issue at all, or just less of one?
For me, T being bad has nothing to do with feng shui and everything to do with all the stupid lights glaring in my house. So if I'm one away from a T, then I'm not going to get those lights glaring in.  American's, Asians, etc...no one likes there house being on a t-intersection. 

One exception is if it is my own personal long long driveway that runs into a T (post winning the lotto). 

I sold my house in Irvine about 7 years ago where the number was 4.  It did not end in 4 or start with 4, it was JUST 4.

I have to tell you it DID cause some Asian buyers to not want to see it which reduces the pool of potential buyers.  In addition, my house entrance is at an angle and not aligned straight with the front of the house (angled doorway like a lot of houses) and that put off some superstitious buyers as well.

In the end, a Korean family bought the house and they were happy with it.  They sold the house a few years later for a six figure profit based on the price difference of what they bought at and what they sold at.  They did practically no upgrades or changes to the house other than the garage door.

Just as an FYI.  That house was a wonderful house and created many happy memories.  In addition, it was VERY reliable and I never had any problems with it like pipe leaks in the wall or issues with the original builder equipment.  The house was built in the mid 80's.

aquabliss said:

I think as far as the feng shui if you extrapolate the street onto your property and it goes straight into the front door that is the worst; it's like all your money and good fortune heading straight out the door and down the street.  And extending to the driveway is also not good.  But if it's maybe the side-yard that's probably not as bad.  But apart from the feng shui component, as people have mentioned in the thread, it's also headlights shining into your living room or cars constantly stopping in front of your house which can also be nuisances.
If you're even next door to the T house, you're good...

Not a bad location for 1 and 3 in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I think its a plus to have a view of the pool and no one behind. In my opinion, it all comes down to price and values. If the price is right and the values are there, 1 and 3 would be my picked.

Isn't it worse if the front of your house faces a T section with the front door directly facing the T section VS your backyard backing into a T section? The toll brothers map is disorienting. Does lot 2 back of the house face the T section or front of the house?

Paris said:
Isn't it worse if the front of your house faces a T section with the front door directly facing the T section VS your backyard backing into a T section? The toll brothers map is disorienting. Does lot 2 back of the house face the T section or front of the house?

Lot 2 front faces the T.  Cooper is the street address, the house backs to Monarch.

I'm no feng shui expert, what I've posted is just common knowledge with Chinese people.  I haven't heard anything about backyard backing into a T, though some feng shui expert may deem otherwise.  Side note, is that Baker Ranch? or Irvine?  I saw Monarch and my house also backs up on Monarch as well.  Maybe same names  :-X

Feng Shui is what? a thousands of years old?
People just make up shit as they go.

If you think the T problem affects both front and back yards, then it does.
I also heard it affects the end house in a cul-de-sac.

zubs said:
Feng Shui is what? a thousands of years old?
People just make up shit as they go.

If you think the T problem affects both front and back yards, then it does.

As we addressed earlier in this thread, none of us here actually believe that Feng Shui has any verifiable affect on home value/wealth/ or keeping wealth.  I certainly don't.  But many Chinese people do (our majority buyer pool especially cash buyers and houses $800k+ which most of us are in).  It's certainly in good business practice to understand what they are looking for and what they avoid so we don't lose a majority of potential buyers before we even list the house and this thread does exactly that.  If you aren't a believer in feng shui, I do think you are a believer in good business sense. 

Back