Hidden Canyon or Orchard Hills?

Legit949 said:
Orchard Hills K-8 will add on a grade per year...This year 5-8, next year 4-8, following year, 3-8 and so on and so forth.

My kids have been at this school since it first opened. There are no plans to add additional grades in the immediate future. The goal is to make it a K-8 school. However, there is no definitive date as to when that will be.

Legit949 said:
How do you like the school? From the outside, it looks incredible!

It's excellent school. Lots of parental involvement & extra curricular activities for the students. Drop off and pick up is nightmare. So, the key is to drop your kid off early and pick them up late to avoid the traffic or use the shopping center as a depot.

That's great to know! I'm considering a Terrazza 2X which would be a really short walk to the school and Settler's Park eliminating pick-ups and drop-offs. Hopefully, OH K-8 will open more grades as The OH Community fills in.

Legit949 said:
That's great to know! I'm considering a Terrazza 2X which would be a really short walk to the school and Settler's Park eliminating pick-ups and drop-offs. Hopefully, OH K-8 will open more grades as The OH Community fills in.

Terrazza is IUSD and so your kids will not attend Orchard Hills school.  Your kids will be at either Canyon View elementary or Sierra Vista Middle school.  Two of my kids went to CV and SV.  CV is a great school.  SV can be decent or absolutely horrible depending on the teachers you get.  Make sure you ask around for who the bad teachers are at SV and avoid them if you can.

And that's why I asked... OH buyers are assuming that their kids will be going to the neighborhood Orchard Hills school and that's not the case depending on where you buy.

irvinehomeowner said:
And that's why I asked... OH buyers are assuming that their kids will be going to the neighborhood Orchard Hills school and that's not the case depending on where you buy.
Zippohunter said:
Legit949 said:

Terrazza is IUSD and so your kids will not attend Orchard Hills school.  Your kids will be at either Canyon View elementary or Sierra Vista Middle school.  Two of my kids went to CV and SV.  CV is a great school.  SV can be decent or absolutely horrible depending on the teachers you get.  Make sure you ask around for who the bad teachers are at SV and avoid them if you can.

Isn't terrazza TUSD? One of the main reasons it apparently isn't selling well?

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zippohunter said:
Legit949 said:

Isn't terrazza TUSD? One of the main reasons it apparently isn't selling well?

Gated side (Groves) is TUSD.  Other side of Culver is IUSD.  But I just checked and you are right for some reason Terrazza is TUSD.  Strata is both.  Go figure.  Below is straight from Irvine Pacific website.

Residents of Entrata, Vista Scena and Corte Bella are served by the Irvine Unified School District.
Residents of Strada are served by either the Irvine or Tustin Unified School Districts.
Residents of Terrazza are served by the Tustin Unified School District.

I can see a lot of confusion and chaos at both school admin buildings when the parents try to register their kid.

ps9 said:
I can see a lot of confusion and chaos at both school admin buildings when the parents try to register their kid.

Parent: What do you mean this is a Tustin school? It's in Irvine!
Admin: Sorry, but you're not in this school district.
Parent: But we live just around the corner!
Admin: Yes, but you are in the Irvine school district.
Parent: But my neighbor down the street said this is his school.
Admin: Oh, you must live in Strada.

FYI: Attached pic shows which lots of Strada are in TUSD and which ones in IUSD.

Attachments

• Strada_IUSD_TUSD.jpg
    Strada_IUSD_TUSD.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 254
It's funny that people make such a big deal on Irvine or Tustin schools. My friends parents just purchased Marbella after purchasing Trevi a few months ago. They have the option to send their kids to Beckman or Uni. I guess if they are lazy to drive to north Irvine, they will stay at Marbella and vice versa. Schools don't matter to some people.

lovingit said:
It's funny that people make such a big deal on Irvine or Tustin schools. My friends parents just purchased Marbella after purchasing Trevi a few months ago. They have the option to send their kids to Beckman or Uni. I guess if they are lazy to drive to north Irvine, they will stay at Marbella and vice versa. Schools don't matter to some people.

How convenient to have a McMansion each in Irvine North and Irvine South. You know, sometimes it's just so inconvenient to travel that it's nice to have a home closer to wherever you happen to be. This is more than just #firstworldproblems but more like #0.1%problems.

lovingit said:
My friends parents just purchased Marbella after purchasing Trevi a few months ago.
Your friend wouldn't happen to be a toddler would it? Sounds like Farmmie... "I'll buy a house in every new Irvine development... just in case".

NYT said:
lovingit said:

How convenient to have a McMansion each in Irvine North and Irvine South. You know, sometimes it's just so inconvenient to travel that it's nice to have a home closer to wherever you happen to be. This is more than just #firstworldproblems but more like #0.1%problems.

I actually read the post as:  they bought at Trevi (TUSD) but prefer Marbella (IUSD) so they bought a 2nd house there.  Personally, I would rather spend the 2nd house money for a place actually at the beach.  But they probably have that already 8)

lovingit said:

are you in middle school and on an RE forum??  your friends are going to go to either beckman or uni based on my limited logic understanding...stupid Cheryl

irvinehomeowner said:
lovingit said:
My friends parents just purchased Marbella after purchasing Trevi a few months ago.
Your friend wouldn't happen to be a toddler would it? Sounds like Farmmie... "I'll buy a house in every new Irvine development... just in case".

hearing stuff like you makes you really wondering if we are in another bubble!  LOL...

meccos12 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
lovingit said:

hearing stuff like you makes you really wondering if we are in another bubble!  LOL...

I think he was just joking. But we are not there yet.

Back