Hidden Canyon or Orchard Hills?

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
i think this argument needs to be resolved in the woodbury town center parking lot at 3pm today.  my money is on gasman :)
What kind of person would fight over words on a forum?

Oh wait.

#InternetFightClub

Don't you have a dispute also? Lol

gasman said:
ocdad said:
The MR for HC is pretty low compare to OH ( do your homework).  When I calculated the amount i will be paying , it is around 1.2 % (including property tax) which i believe is lowered than OH

I never claimed one area was lower/higher than the other (read before responding).  All I'm saying is that MR is a fixed rate, and it shouldn't be considered as a % of the overall property value.  Only the base tax rate is a % based on assessment.  MR is usually a fixed amount per area and per square footage of the home.  Therefore, if the value of the home increases, MR stays the same, and the base tax amount goes up proportionally.

Lol...Gasman I agree with you. These TB people are just pushing their agenda all day long. The key here is to notice that they are back all over TI after the grand opening. That means the grand opening didn't go very well.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
i think this argument needs to be resolved in the woodbury town center parking lot at 3pm today.  my money is on gasman :)

Oh wait.

#InternetFightClub

You are misunderstanding again.

Let me clarify.

What kind of person would have a physical fight just because someone didn't like their neighborhood?

qwerty said:

I wouldn't fight someone who can afford a $2.5 mil house.  Those people have bodyguards and armored Escalades.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Oh wait.

#InternetFightClub

You are misunderstanding again.

Let me clarify.

What kind of person would have a physical fight just because someone didn't like their neighborhood?

Don't try to twist it on me.

Maybe someone can clarify this for me but all of gated OH (The Groves) is TUSD correct?

So, like HC, the residents behind the gate will have to drive their kids to their Elem/Middle/High schools?

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe someone can clarify this for me but all of gated OH (The Groves) is TUSD correct?

So, like HC, the residents behind the gate will have to drive their kids to their Elem/Middle/High schools?

The Groves are all TUSD. Unlike HC, OH has a school onsite--Orchard Hills Middle School. It is just outside the gates on Culver but still within walking distance. Originally it was designed as a K-8 school but currently serving grades 5-8. TUSD may expand this depending on overcrowding at Hicks Canyon/student growth at OH.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The Groves are all TUSD. Unlike HC, OH has a school onsite--Orchard Hills Middle School. It is just outside the gates on Culver but still within walking distance. Originally it was designed as a K-8 school but currently serving grades 5-8. TUSD may expand this depending on overcrowding at Hicks Canyon/student growth at OH.
Ahh... didn't know that Orchard Hills is TUSD. And if only 5-8, that means that K-4 is at Hicks (which is not onsite).

So where do the ungated OH IUSD kids go?

come on IHO.  google.  Canyon view, Sierra Vista and Northwood.  Prob takes longer to type on TI then to find out yourself.

bones said:
come on IHO.  google.  Canyon view, Sierra Vista and Northwood.  Prob takes longer to type on TI then to find out yourself.
Heh. I assumed that the ungated side went to OH Elem.

Posting this on TI is easier because it adds to the conversation of "walkability to schools" which seems to be a key con for Hidden Canyon. Turns out, it's not that convenient for the TUSD or IUSD side of OH either.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Heh. I assumed that the ungated side went to OH Elem.

Posting this on TI is easier because it adds to the conversation of "walkability to schools" which seems to be a key con for Hidden Canyon. Turns out, it's not that convenient for the TUSD or IUSD side of OH either.

Fair enough.  I think that's why villages like SG/CV are super attractive to those looking to buy new.  I think the main difference b/t OH and HC is not the driving, but how you have to drive to get to the schools.  OH doesn't require a far drive or any highways.  Sounds like HC does.  At least for middle & high school which given the median age of the buyer profile, that's probably what most is concerned about.

So here is the HC/OH comparison for the "walking to school" test:

Hidden Canyon

Elementary 1.9 miles
Middle 5.1 miles via 405
HS 5.9 miles via 405

Orchard Hills
TUSD (GROVES/gated):

Elementary 1.6 miles
Middle 0.3 miles
HS 2.3 miles

IUSD (non-gated):

Elementary 1.4 miles
Middle 1.9 miles
HS 1.2 miles

None of the communities are perfect but at least OH residents will have a more reasonable option of a long walk vs biking to school. HC kids will all have to be Olympians if they walk to school.

Orchard Hills K-8 will add on a grade per year...This year 5-8, next year 4-8, following year, 3-8 and so on and so forth.

iacrenter said:

Hidden Canyon

Elementary 1.9 miles
Middle 5.1 miles via 405
HS 5.9 miles via 405

Orchard Hills
TUSD (GROVES/gated):

Elementary 1.6 miles
Middle 0.3 miles
HS 2.3 miles

IUSD (non-gated):

Elementary 1.4 miles
Middle 1.9 miles
HS 1.2 miles

None of the communities are perfect but at least OH residents will have a more reasonable option of a long walk vs biking to school. HC kids will all have to be Olympians if they walk to school.
HC people will hire nannies to drive their kids to Elementary and Middle School and will buy a fast car for their High School Kids

Irvine Dream said:
iacrenter said:

Hidden Canyon

Elementary 1.9 miles
Middle 5.1 miles via 405
HS 5.9 miles via 405

Orchard Hills
TUSD (GROVES/gated):

Elementary 1.6 miles
Middle 0.3 miles
HS 2.3 miles

IUSD (non-gated):

Elementary 1.4 miles
Middle 1.9 miles
HS 1.2 miles

HC people will hire nannies to drive their kids to Elementary and Middle School and will buy a fast car for their High School Kids

How about Quail Hill or Laguna Altura right next to HC? it seems like people who are buying there don't care about distance to schools that much as it seems homes over there are selling well at higher price than Northwood Pointe or Northpark which offers better location to schools. There are so many other things to consider when you buy a home. The record shows west side of Irvine wins over east side for various reasons.

iacrenter said:
Hidden Canyon
Middle 5.1 miles via 405
HS 5.9 miles via 405
Technically, you can get to both Rancho San Joaquin and Uni High without the 405.

Take either Laguna Canyon or Quail Hill Parkway/Sand Canyon to Alton, then Jefferey. :)

Also, I believe the bike path from QH goes all the way to Uni.

IUSD offers bus service to quail hill and LA residents to elem and middle school. I'm sure HC will prob get on the bus route.

Back