Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Is it just me or are Hidden Canyon buyers really vocal about their purchase?

#jealous
#tylerdurdenitis

Keep my name out of your mouth, little pin?y.

Would you prefer everyone follow your example and lie about where they live and make up stuff about who they are - like you?

Ohh...wait I know you are. The guy who made the racist remark...Oh yes....No one cares what you have to say...based on your comments...you are just some ignorant racist....yes....again...no one cares what you have to say.....

zubs said:
I usedhttp://memegenerator.net/
1. You click on an image you like.
2. You change the top and bottom wording
3. You click on the english flag and save to imgur.
4. You click on generate (wait 20 seconds)
5. You paste the link from the bottom of your meme.
6. You post it here.  I use preview to check if it actually worked.  There is a button for editing in images.

I did this one for you
eKCtLbX.jpg

This is so funny. Thank you. I can't stop laughing.

You may have noticed from the models that all windows at the Marbella projects are of the type with a handle that you turn to open... like a crank.

It doesn't appear that having the older style windows screen is possible.  Or is it?  Thoughts?

Goriot said:
Website now has how many homes are sold and are available.  Looks like they already sold 50 homes already even before grand opening.  Capris (24 sold, 6 available) then Marbellas (25 sold, 12 available).

That's almost 20% sold before the grand opening. Pretty amazing considering they only started selling in February and the high price point.

liege168 said:
You may have noticed from the models that all windows at the Marbella projects are of the type with a handle that you turn to open... like a crank.

It doesn't appear that having the older style windows screen is possible.  Or is it?  Thoughts?

Is the builder supposed to provide the screen?

are anybody using the toll brother mortgage company or their own? are there any advantages of going thru Toll Brothers lender to finance their home ? also when the soonest you can lock in the rate either with Tolls or your own lender?? your opinion appreciated

orange_curtain said:
Tyler Durden said:
orange_curtain said:
Caitlin said:
J Hsu said:
Does anyone know if there will be a procedure for visits and crowd control on Saturday and Sunday?  I mean thousands of people may show up.  Perhaps there will be shuttle service from Irvine Amp?  They may want to use a number system like the deli at Gelsons.  I suggest serving refreshments.  Helps to keep the peace.

I just called the sales office and was told there will be a shuttle service this weekend for the grand opening.  Park on Headlands Street near "The Retreat"  (aka clubhouse).

Thanks for the inside scoop.

Thanks to orange_curtain for being useless.  Just calling it like I see it.  Or is that keeping it too real for you?

Wait who are you?

Your daddy.

Your mom and i are very disappointed you are up so late on a school night.  You didn't eat your veggies either.  Now get to bed or i'm taking away your youtube privileges.

snowball said:
liege168 said:

I was hoping for them to provide but they said no.  Also, I can't even see how any type of screens can be installed on these windows. 

I don't get it?  You can still have a screen on hand crank windows, something like the below picture.

Otherwise, they would be pretty buggy.  Sorry, can't pass up the opportunity for a SW Engineering joke.

2i0f9qx.jpg

liege168 said:
snowball said:
liege168 said:

I was hoping for them to provide but they said no.  Also, I can't even see how any type of screens can be installed on these windows.

Really? No screen? I know that they don't do them in models due to display issues, but not even after you buy? Makes a window pretty worthless for opening most of the year.

That said, Oliva in SJC also has the same type of windows throughout.

the problem with the crank windows and screens is that the screen is on the inside of the house

Tyler Durden said:
Grayston, ignore some of the clowns on here... there are many folks who are actually looking to share information and experience.  However, these folks are crowded out by the "internet experts" with hundreds or thousands of posts spewing bile about topics they are ignorant about.  None of these "experts" have backgrounds in RE development, finance, residential or commercial construction or space planning.
Those are not prerequisites to share opinions on TI. In fact, the majority of people who buy homes have none of that experience.

And just because someone may have that background, does not make that person infallible. IrvineRenter, Larry, who used to write for the IHB has not been entirely accurate in his opinions, even when be backed them with data.
As rkp noted - this level of vitriol is excessive. However it is par for the course on this site.  You probably can ascertain that their extreme level of hatred stems from the fact they cannot afford any of these homes.
How ironic. If I recall correctly, isn't Tylder Durden the same member who threatened to fight another member (who he thought was female) in a parking lot?

eyephone said:
Caitlin said:
eyephone said:
Caitlin said:
J Hsu said:
Does anyone know if there will be a procedure for visits and crowd control on Saturday and Sunday?  I mean thousands of people may show up.  Perhaps there will be shuttle service from Irvine Amp?  They may want to use a number system like the deli at Gelsons.  I suggest serving refreshments.  Helps to keep the peace.

I just called the sales office and was told there will be a shuttle service this weekend for the grand opening.  Park on Headlands Street near "The Retreat"  (aka clubhouse).

Will you be there to meet and greet J Hsu? (Maybe even take a selfie with him) lol

Lol... Hubby wants to attend the grand opening, but I really don't feel like dealing with the traffic or crowds. We shall see...

J Hsu - your dreams may come true.  :)

Lol.  That's hilarious.

ocdad said:
is anybody using the toll brother mortgage company or their own? are there any advantages of going thru Toll Brothers lender to finance their home ? also when the soonest you can lock in the rate either with Tolls or your own lender?? your opinion appreciated

It's a requirement to apply with TBM, but not to close with them. Given the build time remaining, it's possible for most lenders to meet the closing date, avoiding the threatened "late closing per-diem" issue altogether.

Given the likely loan sizes, TBM will likely be selling the jumbo mortgages to Chase or Wells Fargo. You can avoid the middle man (er... middle person for the PC crowd?) anyway and go direct. Shopping around now, well before closing, can be important here. Many of the "biggies" - all the brick and mortar banks capable of funding these larger loans - will have unique products focused on high net worth individuals. Anyone buying in Hidden Canyon clearly is a HNWI given the price point, with options.... Some of the terms can be discounted by relationships you have with the bank. Others buyers might see additional discounts based on funds being moved from Bank A to Bank B. If there's any possible ratio or income issue that comes up, some of the biggies will make exceptions for customers of note - all things that are not available through the traditional builder owned mortgage company.

Statistically speaking, most builder owned lenders will see an average capture rate of 30%. Assuming 30% are cash sales, 40% of buyers close with someone else.

My .02c

I think Hidden Canyon is great.  I think Toll Brothers does a really good job on their houses.  I've seen their houses built in the 90's and they still hold up well.
There may be some Toll Brother agents writing stuff here, but they don't really need to.  Those houses will sell themselves.
Out of all the tract builders, they do the best job.

I only come here to instigate...I enjoy creating & sustaining the drama.

NYT said:
liege168 said:
snowball said:
liege168 said:

Really? No screen? I know that they don't do them in models due to display issues, but not even after you buy? Makes a window pretty worthless for opening most of the year.

That said, Oliva in SJC also has the same type of windows throughout.

Update on this topic...  I was misinformed by one of the sales agents.  A fellow HC buyer just got the confirmation that screens will be provided.

Not sure if you guys already know this, but just wanted to share an info i got today that homes in HC will have 5 elevations per community(we know this already) and 5 different color schemes per elevation to avoid cookie cutter exterior look. They said that it would be hard to notice homes with the same exterior (the combination of 5 elevations x 5 different color schemes, which is 1/25) among approx. 130 homes per community?
But unfortunately elevation & color scheme are pre-determined per lot, not customizable.

Back