Hidden Canyon in Irvine

orange_curtain said:
These are good points. Yes, I agree that it is new, gated and assigned to University. First, just because a school is now assigned to Uni doesn't mean that long term it will stay in Uni. If Uni starts getting to capacity most likely Hidden Canyon will be cut out of Uni's boundaries again. Probably likely when Irvine adds another high school. Most likely after the area below Hidden Canyon gets built out. Hidden Canyon is also isolated way out in the corner. Most likely the reason why the Irvine Company gave it up in the first place. You can call it Coastal but don't forget it also borders Laguna Hills. Does Laguna Hills get a "Coastal" Premium too. Qual Hill is more central and has its own shopping center and Turtle Ridge is definitely more coastal because it borders Newport and both areas sit in the 92603 area which is the premium zip code. The term some view homes is also a good statement. Yes I would consider a view home in the area. Im sure they will be very nice but to pay almost 3.5 million for a view home south/southeast facing seems a little ridiculous to me. If you do the math..5000 square feet at 3.5 million is $700 square/ft to break even... This excludes money put in for mello roos, gate fees, real estate closing cost and commission. Yes, a new gated home with a view seems appealing to me but I can't help but feel that this home is not a good investment. It might be a nice home but I wouldn't bank on it being a good investment.

Good point. It comes down to ROI.

The new high school will probably be ranked higher than UNI anyway just like Northwood.  Why go to an old ass UNI when you can go to a new highschool that will be ranked higher?

This is true.  I actually think there will be fewer FCBs in this community than anticipated-- and most buyers that plan to live here would probably rather send their kids to the new HS.

Tater tot, are you going on the tour for Capri or Marbella? 
I was at the Capri tour last week but they said they weren't sure when phase 2 will be available. 
I called the Marbella sales office today and they don't have any information on phase 2 either.

Hey I'm still in contention for south of the 405, but probably not HC. 

@taters/happios

Which plan are you considering?  I only toured Capri a few weeks ago, and would probably consider plan 2 (also called Capri)

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
I only toured Capri a few weeks ago
What?!? No invite? That's messed up bro.

Didn't know you would be interested in the "overstretch my financial comfort/limit and resort to IO mortgage" tour.....I can probably ask for the Marbella "give up your first born so I can live in a big ass house" tour if you're interested :)

Oh and my kid ate your cookie, sorry, she said it was delicious.  A $2 million dollar cookie.

Hidden Canyon pricing for next phase is out. It's the first time Abruzzo is being offered. Many of the lots are smaller by 200-300 sqft compared to the first phase.

30nhjcl.jpg

Capri is pretty nice with the large high ceiling area and court yard.  I like Ojai since it's the only model in the capri collection that as volume ceiling at its entrance.

ps9 said:
Hey I'm still in contention for south of the 405, but probably not HC. 

@taters/happios

Which plan are you considering?  I only toured Capri a few weeks ago, and would probably consider plan 2 (also called Capri)

Ojai is my favorite plan as well. It's has high ceiling, large open area without wasted space, like a double staircase.

Original phase 1 pricing and lot assignment for comparison purpose.

2pydxzl.jpg

I understand phase 1B for Marbella was released last weekend.  Of the 7 houses, 6 have received deposits already.  Looks like this project is selling rather well.

Also, I was told that the lots with the "view" are seeing a $200k to $250k premium!!!  Impressive.

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe it's just me but that's not what I envision when I think of $2.5m homes.

But but.. there's a circular entrance... in Irvine!  That alone is worth a million.

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe it's just me but that's not what I envision when I think of $2.5m homes.
what part? view is decent. but facades are kind of plain and homes spaced a bit too close together

Back