Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

Has anyone experienced any issues with mosquitos?  When we did our final walkthrough, there were several inside the house and a bunch just on the stucco along some of the walls on the outside.  Not a good feeling knowing that there are mosquitos everywhere and we are about to move in.

It just rained last week. You guys have a bunch of dirt everywhere where water probably built up. today I saw a big pool of water today just east of Tustin ranch road, south of Valencia.

It must be the recent rain, puddle of standing water in the construction site and above seasonal warm temperature contribute to mosquito population around your new home.    I'm pretty sure it's a temporary thing and once the majority of landscaping and constructions around your home (both private and public area) are done, it will be less of a nuisance. 

Called Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control and they're going to send someone out to take a look within 1-2 days.  I saw the pools of water in the undeveloped areas of dirt in the nearby areas.  Doesn't look like they're going to start developing the land anytime soon so I don't know whats going to happen when it rains in the future....

Greenwood is really starting to take shape.  I like how the community is looking and I think it will be really nice once completed and all houses are finished.

Does anyone know what is going in front of Greenwood?  I know houses, but was wondering if anyone had any specific info.  They have been grading that land for a few months now, and it looks to be almost complete.

bleudyno said:
Called Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control and they're going to send someone out to take a look within 1-2 days.  I saw the pools of water in the undeveloped areas of dirt in the nearby areas.  Doesn't look like they're going to start developing the land anytime soon so I don't know whats going to happen when it rains in the future....

Thanks! There are a lot at my home and I'm sure the dirt around Greenwood is causing it. Not sure what they can do about it but I can't stand mosquitos!

Despite the schools, road, train, airport and whatever other negative thing was thrown at it, Sheldon is selling the models......... 10 months from their opening.

Ready2Downsize said:
Despite the schools, road, train, airport and whatever other negative thing was thrown at it, Sheldon is selling the models......... 10 months from their opening.
Fools rush in...

As long as there are greater fools, no harm done.

And just when I think prices can't go higher, another Irvine development/phase release proves me wrong............ greater fools just keep on coming.

Ready2Downsize said:
As long as there are greater fools, no harm done.

And just when I think prices can't go higher, another Irvine development/phase release proves me wrong............ greater fools just keep on coming.

Must be that new home smell, it can makes smart people stupid. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I can't wait to pull this thread back up in a few years once Legacy has taken shape.  Then we will see who the fools really are.

DJW1705 said:

I can't wait to pull this thread back up in a few years once Legacy has taken shape.  Then we will see who the fools really are.

...it'll still be a large parcel of dirt.

DJW1705 said:

So what is your prediction? That the values will be higher than Irvine's?

I'm just giving you a hard time but just like Tustin Ranch and other Irvine-like places right next to Irvine, they will still trade less than the Unicorn City.

I drove through greenwood yesterday, it's a good looking community. Congrats to all who purchased there. Driving by the Crawford homes and seeing the casita on the plan 3 made want to drive to the sales office.

qwerty said:
I drove through greenwood yesterday, it's a good looking community. Congrats to all who purchased there. Driving by the Crawford homes and seeing the casita on the plan 3 made want to drive to the sales office.

You can almost say that about any new community across the US. Just took a look at xyz community it's a good looking community.

qwerty said:
Actually I had the opposite reaction.  I really really wanted to buy in Greenwood, Stafford or Crawford.  I still believe in it's potential but when I drove thorough last week I was underwhelmed.  Specially on Stafford, even though the lot sizes are larger than other development it almost felt like the houses backing to you were much closer than you would have thought.  May be that won't be the case once the landscaping and the trees are in.  On the other hand if you drive in PP you can appreciate how much space is there between the houses, specially the ones where the houses next to each other has the side garages next to each other.

Back