Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

bleudyno said:
Has anyone experienced any issues with mosquitos?  When we did our final walkthrough, there were several inside the house and a bunch just on the stucco along some of the walls on the outside.  Not a good feeling knowing that there are mosquitos everywhere and we are about to move in.

If you drive south on Jamboree, you will see a GIGANTIC pond sitting next to Greenwood. It's been there since last year. I'm 100% sure that pond is pumping out mosquitos like nothing else.

soyi said:
bleudyno said:
Has anyone experienced any issues with mosquitos?  When we did our final walkthrough, there were several inside the house and a bunch just on the stucco along some of the walls on the outside.  Not a good feeling knowing that there are mosquitos everywhere and we are about to move in.

If you drive south on Jamboree, you will see a GIGANTIC pond sitting next to Greenwood. It's been there since last year. I'm 100% sure that pond is pumping out mosquitos like nothing else.

Time to start the Greenwood Zika virus thread 😀

irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I can't wait to pull this thread back up in a few years once Legacy has taken shape.  Then we will see who the fools really are.
So what is your prediction? That the values will be higher than Irvine's?

I'm just giving you a hard time but just like Tustin Ranch and other Irvine-like places right next to Irvine, they will still trade less than the Unicorn City.

My prediction is that Tustin Legacy will outperform everything that people here on TI keep saying. I think that Legacy will be better than Tustin Ranch and will be more desirable as well. 

DJW1705 said:
My prediction is that Tustin Legacy will outperform everything that people here on TI keep saying. I think that Legacy will be better than Tustin Ranch and will be more desirable as well.

Meh.

I live in Tustin Legacy (moving from Northwood Pointe) and I predict it won't outperform Irvine. I think they will both go up the same percent from where they are........... long term.

The new elementary opening is probably priced in. Middle and High school are years away from opening.

DJW1705 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
DJW1705 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I can't wait to pull this thread back up in a few years once Legacy has taken shape.  Then we will see who the fools really are.
So what is your prediction? That the values will be higher than Irvine's?

I'm just giving you a hard time but just like Tustin Ranch and other Irvine-like places right next to Irvine, they will still trade less than the Unicorn City.

Let's see what they do with the hangers.

It's in a location that is better than any other new construction in Orange County, including Irvine.  Right now, it is a bunch of empty dirt, but in a few years, I think it'll be a different story.

gasman said:
DJW1705 said:

Meh.

Take off your Irvine blinders. There are other nice places to live in Orange County that don't have the Irvine address.

DJW1705 said:
It's in a location that is better than any other new construction in Orange County, including Irvine.  Right now, it is a bunch of empty dirt, but in a few years, I think it'll be a different story.

Dirt with a pond of mosquitos?

eyephone said:
DJW1705 said:

You're an idiot

DJW1705 said:
eyephone said:
DJW1705 said:

You're an idiot

According to soyi

"you drive south on Jamboree, you will see a GIGANTIC pond sitting next to Greenwood. It's been there since last year. I'm 100% sure that pond is pumping out mosquitos like nothing else. "

It's nice...especially the homes that are bordering off Jamboree.

"Was driving on Jamboree... Saw you showering"

jmoney74 said:
It's nice...especially the homes that are bordering off Jamboree.

"Was driving on Jamboree... Saw you showering"

I seriously don't know how they are going to sell those later.  Right now the new owners have phase release blinders + new home smell opiate but for resale, buyers will have so many better options than right up against the highway.

Yes, that is true. I LOVE the access to the District. Turn onto Park and boom, we're there. Exit between Costco/Lowes and turn right and we're nearly home.

Everything but the church we attend is close.

Adding more houses to the dirt area isn't going to increase home prices of current homes any more than adding houses to the north end of TR did to the original TR homes. In fact, the added inventory of new homes put pressure on resales.

They will have to be priced significantly under what comparable homes not up next to the road are priced at. Priced low enough they'll sell.

DJW1705 said:
Take off your Irvine blinders. There are other nice places to live in Orange County that don't have the Irvine address.

You're talking to a guy that lives in Columbus Square. #winning

And for the record, I never said that Irvine was the only nice place in OC...I just stated that Tustin isn't very promising with its plans for Legacy.  Putting up a bunch of banners on chain link fencing all around the dirt lots doesn't mean anything.  Labeling Heritage as a STEM/STEAM school, then the principal making parents feel awkward/uncomfortable about her plans/curriculum is typical.  Pocketing years of mello roos with nothing to show for it is awesome to the 10000th degree.  Promising the Veteran's sports park to break ground in Aug 2015 and has yet to happen...broken record.  Keeping developers waiting for months twiddling their thumbs at Kensington/Edinger is wonderful.

Things aren't going to be any different for the rest of Legacy.  Let's revisit this thread again in 5-10 years and see where things stand.  My money's on a bunch of empty dirt lots.

Oh, and the Anaheim Angels are moving into Legacy, right?  ::)  Lost Broadcom to Great Park.  Lost Anaheim Ducks facility to Great Park.  Great track record.

For what it's worth, Tustin has a lot of great things to offer.  I'm only saying all of this to counter point your "Legacy will be...better...more desirable...blahblahblah" statement.

Ready2Downsize said:
Yes, that is true. I LOVE the access to the District. Turn onto Park and boom, we're there. Exit between Costco/Lowes and turn right and we're nearly home.

Everything but the church we attend is close.

Adding more houses to the dirt area isn't going to increase home prices of current homes any more than adding houses to the north end of TR did to the original TR homes. In fact, the added inventory of new homes put pressure on resales.

You mean ACCESS to TRAFFIC JAMS? Each and everytime I go to Costco at the District or any store there, I feel like I am trapped.

That costco has better stuff than the Tustin one....cause it's like 2X bigger!...at least you got that going for ya.

Back