Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

lnc said:
When the mailman finally starts to deliver mail at Greenwood.......

funny-dog-picture-is-that-the-mailman.jpg

Funny_Pictures_13009.jpg

ROFLOL!!!!!

Can you all get together and get the mail going so that when I move in at the end of February I won't have any issues?  HAHAHA.  Sorry to hear all the complications but I am still really excited to move in soon!

R2D-have you written/called your congressperson?  They can usually get things moving with the USPS, and like to do this level of constituent service.

Really kicking myself for not doing that. I just figured it was a stall on the part of the post office to get a carrier to come here during holidays with the extra volume.

Then we went on vacation.

Overall, I'm happy with the move. Just ticked at the post office.

Delivery "should" start on Saturday January 30th.

Tammy said to feel free to contact her at 714-544-2258 (Tustin Post Office direct line) if you have any questions.

Coming on Saturday I can guarantee almost 100%

I called the 800 customer service regarding the mail service issue early December. They opened a case. After a few weeks I got a post card in the mail regarding that case and asking me to return it if I still had issues.

I returned it and a few days ago the Postmaster from the Tustin P.O. called me and couldn't apologize enough for our issues. She said we were "supposed" to have 10% of the homeowners moved in (acknowledged they were telling us 50% which was NEVER true..... I have my doubts as to 10% but maybe).

Said we should have AT LEAST ALL gotten a box (hello........... E Box which is what I SPECIFICALLY asked for in December and was told it was rural only) till we had mail service.

Tried to blame the builder (who last told them people would be moving in Oct/Nov/Dec......... so why were they surprised when we started moving in LATE NOV??????) and the apts (who are close to here) gave them 2 weeks notice and somehow THEY got immediate mail service.

Said it's "hard on the Tustin P.O. because they have to sift thru mail for huge numbers of people who have no mail service (not OUR problem!) and it's way unbelievably hard for them to handle all of that in the post office as well as regular issues (and yet we were told 2 weeks, 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks, blah blah blah) and the builders have been calling as well and they were just completely inundated with everything (because they did nothing to set anything up when they were told in July people were moving in Oct/Nov/Dec).

I should have told her if it wasn't for the fact I thought it was a stall because of the holidays I would have gotten my congressman involved but missed shooting that bullet.

Said all new areas have this problem (even tho the apts didn't and it hasn't been a problem in Irvine), no response other than Saturday we WILL have mail service. Said I can call for ANY issues ANYTIME (and her day off is Thursday).

Told me a few times the post office wants to have customers have a good view of the post office.

I'm thinking someone higher up got my post card and got her straightened out and I'll be surprised if there is another issue with a new development in Tustin not getting mail service down the road.

NewHomeOwner said:
bleudyno said:
So did mail come on Saturday?

Yes it did.  At least my mail was delivered on Saturday (Sheldon)

For those in Sheldon...how's the traffic off the exit and Jamboree?  One of the reasons we didn't buy there was due to how heavy traffic was in that general area...just wondering how current home owners feel about the noise, or are the windows closed and you hear nothing?  Any issues from all the food trucks that get off at that exit at night?

akkord said:
For those in Sheldon...how's the traffic off the exit and Jamboree?  One of the reasons we didn't buy there was due to how heavy traffic was in that general area...just wondering how current home owners feel about the noise, or are the windows closed and you hear nothing?  Any issues from all the food trucks that get off at that exit at night?

I don't notice it.  I do get home from work around 5-6 so most of the traffic has come through.  If you are doing normal things (cooking a dinner, watching TV, showering, etc.) you wont notice it.  At least I never do.

I would worry more about having good neighbors (for noise purposes) being more of an issue than the traffic coming off of Warner.  Warner is +/- 100-500 feet away depending on where you live.  Your neighbors are 10 feet away.......

Recently, I have only noticed the wind howling.

NewHomeOwner said:
akkord said:

I don't notice it.  I do get home from work around 5-6 so most of the traffic has come through.  If you are doing normal things (cooking a dinner, watching TV, showering, etc.) you wont notice it.  At least I never do.
This is called qwerdeafness.

So we get the mail situation sorted (finally) and now I have another address related annoyance.  We noticed this past week that our AT&T signal was much weaker than it had been previously, so I went to activate the WiFi calling on my phone.  As part of that process, they require you to verify your address against the Emergency 911 database (which makes perfect sense)...but I get the error message that my address is not listed in the Emergency 911 database.  Anyone else had any similar issues, and more importantly, thoughts on how to correct this?  I called AT&T, they said it's an issue with my local emergency services, and I spoke with Tustin PD, and they said my address is listed just fine in their system, so call my phone carrier so I'm stuck in the virtual chicken and egg scenario!

All in all still points back to something didn't  happen properly so all systems know the new neighborhood addresses.  StandPac and the community mgt company are my next emails, but I don't hold out much hope they will be able to assist.

OCHouse99 said:
So we get the mail situation sorted (finally) and now I have another address related annoyance.  We noticed this past week that our AT&T signal was much weaker than it had been previously, so I went to activate the WiFi calling on my phone.  As part of that process, they require you to verify your address against the Emergency 911 database (which makes perfect sense)...but I get the error message that my address is not listed in the Emergency 911 database.  Anyone else had any similar issues, and more importantly, thoughts on how to correct this?  I called AT&T, they said it's an issue with my local emergency services, and I spoke with Tustin PD, and they said my address is listed just fine in their system, so call my phone carrier so I'm stuck in the virtual chicken and egg scenario!

All in all still points back to something didn't  happen properly so all systems know the new neighborhood addresses.  StandPac and the community mgt company are my next emails, but I don't hold out much hope they will be able to assist.

Add that complaint to the long list.

If there is a problem just message qwerty on TI, he is 5 min a way from you. He is equipped with a bat and a K9. (service charge fee may apply j/k)

If you had to verify your address on your phone for the wifi to work (don't remember doing that) then my address must be fine cuz my wifi works fine and my signal has no problems.

Back