Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

Ready2Downsize said:
Everyone I've met so far is moving from Irvine so I wouldn't count on having horrible test scores.
I think you misunderstand, they are moving from Irvine because their kids can't compete with the Tiger kids. :)

qwerty said:
Much like Tustin ranch, Tustin legacy is on the immediate border of Irvine and once the schools are built I think the gap between Tustin legacy and ranch will gown to zero, I would not be surprised if legacy actually becomes pricier than ranch.
Keep dreaming!!!

But just like ranch, legacy will always trade lower than Irvine.
Ahh... now you woke up,

Irvine is the unicorn, Tustin Legacy is the burro... or barrio... or burrito. :)

I don't think so. A few have newborns/infants (definitely no school age in those homes at present) and no one thinks Gee, I better move to TL because my kid won't be able to compete with Irvine kids in 5 years.

qwerty said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Everyone I've met so far is moving from Irvine so I wouldn't count on having horrible test scores. I stand by over the long haul (decade or two), TL will appreciate the same PERCENT as Irvine homes.

Interesting. I would have thought they would be from other parts of OC. Did they just want bigger homes for a better price?

Much like Tustin ranch, Tustin legacy is on the immediate border of Irvine and once the schools are built I think the gap between Tustin legacy and ranch will gown to zero, I would not be surprised if legacy actually becomes pricier than ranch. But just like ranch, legacy will always trade lower than Irvine.

So far I know of a few friends that have sold their places in Irvine and moved to TL. Their family is expanding and they want more space but can't afford the high new home prices in Irvine.

We netted out almost $700K after cost to sell the old Irvine house and move to TL. Got a tiny bit less sq footage (who cares? I lost the living and dining rooms and gained an office with the rest of the rooms the same as the old place....... way more useable to me), smaller lot (not thrilled but I definitely love less maintenance), 4 car to 2 car garage (definitely a negative for us but we got ourselves organized and do fit both cars in it).

Still have no house payment. Got a really nice budget to decorate my house and the landscaping is going to cost me a whole lot less than the last one. Taxes will be higher but we r taking our old basis with us. HOA will also be higher (still scratching my head trying to figure out why the heck it's so high here but the savings in my home insurance is more than the increase in HOA).

For that kind of cash, we moved and we don't regret a minute of it.

As for getting to TR prices, maybe if it's compared to the early parts of TR but I doubt it will get to the prices of the newer TR homes. You can't change the location being closer to Santa Ana or the density.

And the hubby is getting a new job! YEAH! No more train to Burbank. He can ride his bike down Von Karman when it's lighter in the afternoons if he wants to... home in 15 min or less by bike, bypassing all the horrible Irvine traffic.

Ready2Downsize said:
We netted out almost $700K after cost to sell the old Irvine house and move to TL.
Awesome.  How much do you have to pay in Capital Gains Taxes?  With all this money, curious to know how much you spent on the upgrades of your TL home?  Did you get all upgrades through the Builder or planning to do lots of them on your own?  How much are you planning to spend on landscaping?

Sadly we have some capitol losses from the bubble days (darn wash rule) so we r offsetting those with the gains after the $500K everyone gets), so no cap gains tax..... they had my taxes at a higher rate long long ago.

We paid the builder very little after their incentives (I think they were 7500 design center and 2500 off closing costs for no loan) and pre plots. We would have upgraded the cabinets but I didn't like the colors they chose, so we went with standard thermofoil and upgraded the knobs to pulls (definitely would have gone for upgraded cabinets but I didn't want to spend money on something I wasn't in a color I liked). We also signed in with a broker so we got a good amount of money back post closing.

We will end up with a highly upgraded home in the end, just the builder not getting much money.

Can't wait for my shutters and office to be done (good chunk of change is going in that room and the entry)........ unfortunately cabinet makers are so busy it's hard to even get a quote on those.

No idea on landscaping.

Has anyone here moved into Stafford yet?  We are set to close Feb 22nd on a Plan 2 and wanted to see if there are going to be any friendly neighbors....

Congratulations on your new home!  Stafford Residence 2 is the plan that we have been looking at.  We maybe your future friendly neighbors.  :)  Would love to get feedback from you on this house after you move in.  Thank you.

Are you on the list for any of the future releases?  I was on the list before I was offered a lot that fell through but I was like number 76 on the list.  The next phase is supposed to be released sometime this month.

We also got a Plan 2 :D .  We closed and moved into our new house in December. There were some minor bumps here but everything else has been good. The only thing right now is that we have to make weekly trips to USPS for our mail since they are still not delivering it.  Hopefully by February (if not sooner) they will start doing that.  :D

Congratulations!  What street are you on?  If USPS doesn't have service yet, how are you getting your email?  Is it being held at the post office?  Any other issues that you have had to deal with since moving in?  I still have a little over a month to go before we close so I hope everything will be worked out by then.

I'm sorry if this question was asked and answered already...

In Greenwood, the assigned high school is Tustin High.  What would be the chance of transferring to Beckman?  I work in West Irvine.  Can I legally use my work address to have my kid going to Beckman instead?    This is not allowed in Irvine District but I heard in other cities, folks are allowed to bring their kids to school nearby their work.  I don't know the detail as to distance to commute and stuff.

Thank you and serious replies please.

pricedoutJay said:
I'm sorry if this question was asked and answered already...

In Greenwood, the assigned high school is Tustin High.  What would be the chance of transferring to Beckman?  I work in West Irvine.  Can I legally use my work address to have my kid going to Beckman instead?    This is not allowed in Irvine District but I heard in other cities, folks are allowed to bring their kids to school nearby their work.  I don't know the detail as to distance to commute and stuff.

Thank you and serious replies please.

Call the TUSD.

We also closed in December.  The trips to USPS are annoying, but other than that, we are really enjoying it.  Right now, it feels very empty since not a lot of people have moved in, but I think it will be a great community once more people begin to close.

DJW1705 said:
We also closed in December.  The trips to USPS are annoying, but other than that, we are really enjoying it.  Right now, it feels very empty since not a lot of people have moved in, but I think it will be a great community once more people begin to close.

So you have to pick your mail?

Anyone who has moved in started on their landscaping plans?  I want to put in small pool like they have in the models but wanted to know if anyone has any contractors in mind for that sort of thing?  Paperwork says the plans for the landscaping need to be submitted 90 days after moving in and work completed by 9 months.

Could be there, but whenever I have done landscaping in the past I had to get the neighbors to sign off and how do we do that when they aren't there and who is on the architecture committee?

We closed before Thanksgiving and still have no HOA bill.

Back