Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

Homer_Simpson said:
I talked my friend out of buying a Plan 1 of Huntley that backs Jamboree.  So there's a plan 1 for sale for $902k with about $50k worth of upgrades.  I walked the property with him and told him that resale will be harder with a highway right behind you.
So you brought qwerdeaf to his senses?

:)

I'm not sure if this is good news or not...

http://www.tustinca.org/depts/ed/legacy/news/details.asp?NewsID=276&TargetID=47

irvinehomeowner said:
So does this mean they will vacate the current area and give that up to The District or to whatever TL plans to do with it?

That's how I read it.  The last few sentences state:

"While construction takes place, West said the city will make plans for how to use the land once the reserve center relocates. Options include expanding The District or building a stand-alone project at the site."

It's called PHASE II

msolzs.jpg

Per the article - It will be built next to Sheriffs training center across the north structure and not the districts which is closer to Greenwood.

"The new center also will provide mutual training support for the Orange County Sheriff?s Regional Training Academy, which opened in 2007 on land adjacent to where the reserve center is being built."

Did anyone close escrow at Greenwoods yet. Some homes were to be ready by Dec at Stafford, Sheldon, Hawthorn etc

Regards!

I am new to this forum. 

We have been looking in both Juniper at Beacon Park and Stafford at Greenwood.  Both Juniper and Stafford offer a guest suite option in some of their plans, but the cost for the guest suite option is very different.  Pulte would charge $14,000 for the guest suite option while Standard Pacific would charge $35,000 for the similar guest suite option. 

Has anyone ever looked into this option and done any comparison to see why there is such a difference in terms of pricing for this upgrade?

Thank you.

I would compare the entire package. Stan Pac preplots upgrades so maybe they include some extras with the suite??????

When we looked at Hawthorn in Pavilion Park, Pulte preplotted nothing and charged for everything including a gas stub to the backyard.

Not sure what the incentives are now, but Stafford was offering $7500 in the design center in addition to their preplots (included fireplaces in some plans, recessed lights, jboxes, slider doors). You can ask at the sales center and they probably will tell u what is preplotted.

U also need to consider the neighborhoods. One goes to Tustin schools and the other to Irvine. Neither have low taxes, but I think Stafford is probably lower than Juniper.

And then there is lot size, proximity to street noise.

Add everything up for the lots u r looking at and see if you can negotiate some upgrades.

Hi! I am thinking about buying at Crawford in TL, but have never lived in an alley loaded home. Noise is my main concern, especially since I am interested in model 1 where the master is in the back of the house. (Btw, not bothered by jamboree as it is a white noise and cannot be heard from inside the home).

Are trash days obnoxious, for example? Do kids tend to get their bikes/toys out of the garage and play in the alley rather than in the front of the house?

Any input is appreciated!

I've never lived in a motorcourt but did live in a Woodbury condo with an alley.  Our Master bed was facing the alley so a similar case to what you mention. 

You do hear trash cans coming in and out, when your neighbor's come home or leave you hear them yelling at their kids (usually mandarin or Korean).  Those I could deal with though.  My least favorite part was the smoking by my neighbor's in their side yard.  We couldn't open any Windows for longer than 10 min without smelling smoke.  We had a very young child at that time so the whole hot summer we wouldn't open the windows at night.

You never know what kind of neighbor's you'll get and this was super annoying - even worse was that my neighbor's were actually really nice so I didn't want to ask them not to smoke.  They prob didn't want to smoke in their house and that's the only side yard they had.

I live in a very similar floor plan (Augusta plan 3 at Columbus square) with the master in the back and alley loaded. You generally won't hear much from the alley. Cars are going 15-20 miles an hour since the alleys are not very long there isn't much room to speed up before u have to turn onto a street. Kids playing back there will vary, there is a kid who was learning to ride his bike with his dad using the alley but that was around 5pm and he was just riding his bike and not yelling or anything so you wouldn't hear that from your master. You can definetley hear the garbage truck but depending on the time of day that really isn't an issue. For us it comes by at 7:30 to 8:30 am so we are already up or not even home.

A quick update on heritage elementary, at first it looked like they may open up kindergarten and certain grades depending on enrollment but they said that they will be opening up all grades from TK to 5th grade. The good thing about being at Augusta is that our kids will be able to walk to heritage and if we are still here when they are of middle school age and assuming the middle school and high school get built they can walk there as well. With all grades opening hopefully that puts pressure on the middle school and high school getting built since the fifth graders need somewhere to go besides the shitty middle/high schools we are assigned to now. I am curious to see the racial makeup of the school. I wonder if there will be a lot of Asian kids or a more even distribution of white/Asian/Hispanic kids

My Tustin Legacy street is filling up with Caucasian residents. Not all have elementary level kids. Not sure about Huntley, Sheldon or other streets in TL but if ours is any indication, shouldn't be a whole lot of Asians coming from TL.

Ready2Downsize said:
My Tustin Legacy street is filling up with Caucasian residents. Not all have elementary level kids. Not sure about Huntley, Sheldon or other streets in TL but if ours is any indication, shouldn't be a whole lot of Asians coming from TL.

Mmmn!!!  There goes the chance that Heritage Elementary is going to have high test scores.  Better start lobbying TUSD to make sure that the new high school will be a Magnet school and will draw Asian students from outside TL.  Otherwise, poof, gone are those unsustainable house appreciation.  However, atleast you can breathe easily (since your neighbors will be considerate enough not to smoke near your property and won't leave cig butts on your yard) and you can host parties without your neighbor  complaining that your guests are taking away their street parking

Kidding aside I sincerely hope you enjoy the neighborhood and the house appreciate well so atleast I can tell my wife I told you so.

Everyone I've met so far is moving from Irvine so I wouldn't count on having horrible test scores. I stand by over the long haul (decade or two), TL will appreciate the same PERCENT as Irvine homes.

Ready2Downsize said:
Everyone I've met so far is moving from Irvine so I wouldn't count on having horrible test scores. I stand by over the long haul (decade or two), TL will appreciate the same PERCENT as Irvine homes.

Interesting. I would have thought they would be from other parts of OC. Did they just want bigger homes for a better price?

Much like Tustin ranch, Tustin legacy is on the immediate border of Irvine and once the schools are built I think the gap between Tustin legacy and ranch will gown to zero, I would not be surprised if legacy actually becomes pricier than ranch. But just like ranch, legacy will always trade lower than Irvine.

Back