Great Park Update from the OC Register

lnc said:
Bullsback said:
Mella won't be lower, that much I can pretty much guarantee.

Yep, rumors has it that the MR will be even higher than BP.

had to dig up landofnod's site again and he posted some grainy image of the MR. good info there on parasol park and other districts in Great Park. looks like it'll be expensive as F. i'm not sure how ppl can afford these... our household does OK and I'll still be wary of these pricing

seems like 5P et al is just outright tackling all associated cost with taking over Great Park build out into these future homes. now our PP place seems like a bargain in comparison. hell, the BP one in escrow seems like it'll be a bargain too when all is said and done.

construction (upper bee and sports fields) have got to be higher than estimates they made even a year ago given the lack of workers available. 

Logik said:
The bridge from Pavilion Park to Beacon Park is looking pretty nice. Here is an article about Five Points in the OC Register
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/park-725582-great-communities.html

According to the article, the "bridge features inset lighting that can be programmed to different colors."  Will be interesting to see what that looks like at night.

grand opening this friday I believe. I'm sure someone will get around to taking a picture after walking back home from BP to PP after the friday night event.

Logik said:
The bridge from Pavilion Park to Beacon Park is looking pretty nice. Here is an article about Five Points in the OC Register
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/park-725582-great-communities.html

According to the article, the "bridge features inset lighting that can be programmed to different colors."  Will be interesting to see what that looks like at night.
The end of that article makes me think that at some point the golf course is going to get scrapped and replaced with something else. 

Lennar has posted elevations and floor plans for all of their tracts in Parasol Park. I haven't had a chance to check out the other builders yet though.

irviniteeee said:
Lennar has posted elevations and floor plans for all of their tracts in Parasol Park. I haven't had a chance to check out the other builders yet though.
Interesting that they are all going that squared out modern look (at least from their site)... I blame IHS.

Their biggest models are 3 stories... boo.

irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:
Interesting that they are all going that squared out modern look (at least from their site)... I blame IHS.

If you have seen some of Lennar's elevations at Beacon Park, they are some of the most hideous exteriors I've ever seen on a new home.  Just awful.  Farmhouse style can be nice, but not with some of the color schemes / elevations they came up with. 

Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:

If you have seen some of Lennar's elevations at Beacon Park, they are some of the most hideous exteriors I've ever seen on a new home.  Just awful.  Farmhouse style can be nice, but not with some of the color schemes / elevations they came up with.

Agreed.  Those exteriors are awful and stick out like a sore thumb.  That look belongs in Miami Beach, not Irvine.  I considered a home in Beacon Park but decided not to move forward because it was neighboring those disgusting Harper homes. 

I like that modern style and would definitely buy one.  They sort of look like the modern apartments out on Jamboree.

It's a different vibe.  IP designs are much tamer by comparison.

Good recognition of my signature grasshopper! I kept hinting to you what will disappear and what will be the trend. Do you remember 10 years ago I said 3CWG will be extinct in Irvine and among other things like driveway, O plans, formal living and yards. I also predicted what will be next.

irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:

Not to worry I am working with Lennar at Parasol.
paydawg said:
Bullsback said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:

Agreed.  Those exteriors are awful and stick out like a sore thumb.  That look belongs in Miami Beach, not Irvine.  I considered a home in Beacon Park but decided not to move forward because it was neighboring those disgusting Harper homes. 

index.php

We already had info regarding to Parasol Park (727 units) and Altair (840 units) and here?s some info for the other future GP developments.

District 1N (W) ? (District 1 North-Western Portion, West of Beacon Park): 

653 attached and detached condos, 323 affordable dwelling units, 4 private recreation areas and 10,000 s.f. of non-residential developments. 157 of the 323 affordable housing units will be for seniors. 

Base Camps (District 1 South):

73 acres for multi-use, medical and science, and community commercial purposes.  This area was previously mapped for residential. 

District Next (District 4):

1102 residential units (494 SFR, 608 attached and detached condos), 3 private parks. 

District 5:

District 5 will have total of 3384 residential units (210 SFR,3174 Condos), 6 private parks and a K-8 school.  The IUSD K-8 school will be located south of Portola High with 1000 students capacity.  The 210 detached SFR will be located in the northwest portion of  District 5 and rest of 3174 multi-family condos will be located through out the District 5.  Some portion of District 5 are zoned to Saddleback Valley Unified School District.

Back