Great Park Update from the OC Register

Rizdak said:
I believe the OC Register updated the map in the link that OP shared. Now it delineates the golf course, Parasol park, cemetery, etc.

(Reposting link for convenience)
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/park-716645-fivepoint-homes.html

Thanks for that updated map, Parasol Park is indeed the Distric 1 No So/Mid. 

Also noted the District 7 was original name Heritage Hills and now change to Altair. 

o7n60z-greatparkfinalplan2.gif

Bullsback said:
What is base camp?

says in article that it's a commercial area for shops and restaurants.. also a packing district foodie place.  So there is indeed one coming to the area!  lol

Going to be some golf balls hitting into the cemetery?  How are they going to sell those homes back it.  LOL

I should have realized that (since it is where the retail space was...didn't realize they got catchy with the names.  Image is so crystal clear (which is nice). 

Bullsback said:
I should have realized that (since it is where the retail space was...didn't realize they got catchy with the names.  Image is so crystal clear (which is nice).

Yeah at first I'm thinking... Still a military area?

jmoney74 said:
Going to be some golf balls hitting into the cemetery?  How are they going to sell those homes back it.  LOL

Rare view lot on an extremely quiet single-loaded street! No one behind you. Direct access to "walking trails."

So aside for "base camp" they got rid of all the other proposed retail/commercial space?  :'(
Not surprised but I was still hopeful.

Newbie13 said:
So aside for "base camp" they got rid of all the other proposed retail/commercial space?  :'(

Small one off Irvine still planned

Base Camp still sounds pretty hefty but yeah, maybe only good for walking from BP or Parasol Park....

"Also slated for the Great Park Neighborhoods will be a commercial district known as Base Camp. When finished, Trabuco Road will be rerouted to curve through the 72-acre development with stores and business on both sides of the road including hotels, office buildings, stores and restaurants, including a food hall inspired by the Anaheim Packing House."

Newbie13 said:

paperboyNC said:
Parasol Park: FivePoint plans to open its next project in January.

The 727-home development west of the Great Park consists of townhomes and detached condominium-style units. The 85-acre development will have an urban feel, Haddad said, and will feature contemporary architecture.

Just some new info about Parasol Park.  Maybe we should start a dedicated tread about Parasol Park.

e9cc5e_4ed5e61813ee447bb74a084b91eeee6d~mv2.jpg

Drove by Parasol Park via Trabuco Rd today. You can see street signs slowly going up now in Parasol Park, but no construction yet. It was probably mentioned here already but Marine Way is closed for now, and they opened  Trabuco Rd instead. The Sunday farmer's market @ Great Park seems to be getting a lot more traffic now that they smartly moved it to the entrance of the park.

I would buy here if it's doesn't turn out to be too noisy or dense. Nice walking distance to everything, but only 2 and 3 story condos, bounded by Ridge Valley & Trabuco. I imagine there will be tons of traffic through Trabuco as everything gets built out. (Sports fields, etc.)

Lastly I am really curious if it will actually open in "January 2017" given that some salespeople @ Beacon Park told me that they anticipate their build-outs to continue through most of 2017.

irvinehomeowner said:
Hmm... this is even closer to the cemetery site.

Maybe a better name would have been Paranormal Park.

:)

Or, "Just a Friendly Reminder that You Will Die Someday, So Enjoy Today Park"?

I assumed District 4 got renamed because having a "District of Death" next to a cemetery would have caused heads to explode.

irvinehomeowner said:
Hmm... this is even closer to the cemetery site.

Maybe a better name would have been Paranormal Park.

:)

drove past Parasol Park (or whatever it'll be called) yesterday as I went through ridge valley to get to PP

looks like they're starting work on some models. i see frames up already for one development.

based on the map above by Inc, I'd say its either Laterns by Lennar or Celadon by William Lyon.

Seems like the Lennar one though given it fits the look of a triplex.

wonder if mello-roos will continue to be crazy high...

Back