Great Park: Taylor Morrison - Springhouse

Goriot said:
Few Springhouse models on Redfin.  Didn't know it was $1mm for these homes.  I thought these were selling really well.

$1.015 millionhttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/149-Carrotwood-Unknown/home/54544412

$945,000http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/147-Carrotwood-Unknown/home/54544413

I don't think these are the models - the models are on Compass and these are on Carrotwood.  I'm guessing these are the large lots 16/17/18 seen in the site plan here:http://www.taylormorrison.com/new-h...fornia/irvine/springhouse-community/site-plan

Are they joking????

Plan 3 at 191 Compass, Irvine , CA 92618 Available Ask Sales Associate $1,408,000 | 2,481 Sq. Ft. | 4 Bedrooms | 3.5 Baths | 2 Garage | 2 Stories MODEL HOME- THE POPULAR AMERICAN HERITAGE PLAN!You?re going to need a bigger welcome mat. Residence Three floor plan, one of our new homes in Irvine, is certain to be a hit with friends and family. From the spacious covered front porch on, everything in this 2,481-square foot plan says, ?come on in and make yourself at home.?The open plan great room and kitchen can handle everything from neighborhood movie night to a Cub Scout den meeting to a big Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, if you want a cozier space for your book club, adjourn to the outdoor room. The den can double as a library, home office, media room, hobby space or playroom ? your home, your choice. The upstairs features a split bedroom layout ? giving you and your kids welcome privacy. You?re on one side of the house, they?re on the other and the big laundry room is in between. Your owner?s suite, with its foyer-style entry, is a quiet retreat, with enormous walk-in closet and luxurious master bath. The separate soaking tub plus a walk-in shower, enclosed commode and two lavatories make it easy to share a bathroom without starting a war. There?s also a fourth bedroom with full bath downstairs for guests or an older child. Your Taylor Morrison sales associate can explain the many personalizing touches, options and upgrades available for this plan. - See more at:http://www.taylormorrison.com/new-h...now-at-191-compass-92618#sthash.RLEajCgi.dpuf

In that case, go with La Vita in Orchard Hills or Sausalito in neighboring Stonegate! Hate to see how long this will take to sell. $500K for just a "model" home that is technically the oldest of all of the homes in the tract, on a busy street, and may have been built so quick that it may cracks in the underlying foundation? Certainly not. I did not know that the park commanded that much of a premium.  ???

Take back my word. Only Sausalito's greater than 4000 sf homes exceed this price. This is not La Cresta (500K model premium turned $1.6M to $2.1M).

Congratulations if they can get that price. Has to be all cash or huge down just to overcome any appraisal issues.

I can only picture Jed Clampett a 'huntin in the backwoods, firing his shotgun into the hillside. Instead of oil, up through the ground comes a bubbling equity, cash that is, brown gold..." So they loaded up the truck and moved to Orchard, Hills that is, swimmin pools, movie stars...

My .02c

Did someone actually buy 191 Compass???

The listing is off TayMo's website along with Redfin and other websites.

That link may not be valid anymore. Some of Taylor Morrison's older communities, such as Las Ventanas, can be accessed via search engines. Websites are only valid if you can find it via the actual city or community website.

??? said:
That link may not be valid anymore. Some of Taylor Morrison's older communities, such as Las Ventanas, can be accessed via search engines. Websites are only valid if you can find it via the actual city or community website.

You can find it still.  From Springhouse website click on:
Floor Plans
Plan 3
Locations Tab (on bottom)

Visited the Springhouse models today. They were really nice compared to other models comparatively priced, but sadly it's too late to pull the trigger.  :(

P.S. The Plan 3's outrageous pricing are apparently due to:

1. Convenient location close to main entrance and exit of Pavilion Park
2. Proximity to the main park
3. Being an SFR
4. Having a large lot
5. Having a nice exterior and "200K" worth of upgrades (cough, cough)

The Plan 3 side entrance doesn't bug me much in the model but if you go look on a street of all Springhouse then the Plan 3 side entrance looks and feels pretty bad leaving you with just garage in front.

Also these must be detached condos (most of them) because the landscaping is all done in front and it looks like Death Valley.

Check out the interactive homesite map at Ryland's Melrose website. TayMo's Springhouse non-models do not have lot lines, but the models distinctly do. I also recount checking the California Bureau of Real Estate's records and seeing Springhouse Phase 5 as a "planned development".

Back