Great Park Neighborhoods

test said:
iacrenter said:
TIC uses the free food and hoopla to hide their shameful 3000 sq ft lots.

What are the lot sizes here?  Not one of the salespeople I asked knew.  If they are larger than TIC wouldn't you want to advertise that?

I haven't seen the models yet but I based the lot sizes on USC's initial visit. Not sure if this applies to all the neighborhoods at GP.

USCTrojanCPA said:
The community has an HOA of $196/mo during build-out and it drops to $182mo after build-out.  I was pleasantly surprised that pretty much all of the lot sizes were larger than 6,000sf (ranged from 6,000sf to 8,000sf), how refreshing.

iacrenter said:
test said:
iacrenter said:

What are the lot sizes here?  Not one of the salespeople I asked knew.  If they are larger than TIC wouldn't you want to advertise that?

I haven't seen the models yet but I based the lot sizes on USC's initial visit. Not sure if this applies to all the neighborhoods at GP.

USCTrojanCPA said:
The community has an HOA of $196/mo during build-out and it drops to $182mo after build-out.  I was pleasantly surprised that pretty much all of the lot sizes were larger than 6,000sf (ranged from 6,000sf to 8,000sf), how refreshing.

Doesn't count if that only applies to the model homes.

test said:
Those look like this row of homes.  Notice how NO OTHER homes in the ENTIRE development have that much side yard setback.  Sneaky deceptive if you ask me.

qofw2a.jpg

test said:
iacrenter said:
test said:
iacrenter said:

USCTrojanCPA said:

Doesn't count if that only applies to the model homes.

test said:
Those look like this row of homes.  Notice how NO OTHER homes in the ENTIRE development have that much side yard setback.  Sneaky deceptive if you ask me.

qofw2a.jpg
Not the model homes Test, Phase 1 homes that the builders are selling.  I only saw larger SFR homes so I don't know what the lot sizes are at the smaller ones (<2,000sf). 

Saw these today.  Only went to SFR 2500 sf and above.  Meh.  Nothing really blew us away.  We were there more to look as we're more interested in OH.  Neighborhood looks nice with mature trees and like the use of brick in some of the homes.  I do have to say that some of the lot sizes were pretty good and backyard landscaping was very well done in most of the homes.  I think these will sell well...until the other neighborhoods open.

We did our opening weekend drive-by today... didn't feel like rubbing elbows with the FCBs. I didn't realize that this was just south of Portola Springs... I bet TIC is *thrilled* about that.

Since most of that land was farming/nursery, does that mean no toxicity for this first phase of 10 hoods?

I was there sunday afternoon.  tons of people.  some people already got pre-approved.

I only saw springhouse, beachwood, whistler and sagewood.

Property tax is around 1.8%.  HOA is around 180-190 depends on the builder.

springhouse, beachwood, whistler lot size is around 4500.
NOTE: springhouse model house lot size is around 6500.  But the salesperson told me the real house is around 4500.
NOTE: beachwood has solar panel pre-build. 

sagewood lot size is around 6500.

bones said:
So for those that went (OCGas, Test, others?), just curious, what was the crowds/atmosphere like?  Frenzied or not so much?  How are they selling from what you can tell?
I was there Sunday and right before they were gonna close.  Lots of people and mostly Asians.  (Damn, Irvine needs more diversity).  Didn't talk to a single salesperson so I have no idea of the demand.  Most people were leisurely looking, I think the potential buyers probably went on Sat.  I like how all the models are close to each other, you can walk to all the models and be in and out quickly.  I think they're priced right for current market.  People will buy these.

Here is a picture showing all the communities!

We went there initially on Friday for presale event and then went back Saturday.  There was a huge crowd on saturday.  Overall it seems that homes are much more reasonably priced (for Irvine).
We looked the Sheahomes Sagewood and William Lyon Whister. Most of the Sagewood lot sizes were 6400 sq ft. The largest lot was ~7200 sq ft priced close to a million. Covered area was about 2800 and per sq ft price was about $350.  They had huge back yards.

Overall, it seems that prices are lower than CV or SG.

Attachments

• 00 Greatpark home site plan 2 small.jpg
    00 Greatpark home site plan 2 small.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 321
The crowd was pretty mixed but with lots of Fobs.  Nobody really stood out as snobby.

I only got one pricing sheet for the largest homes and they included the location of the lots and a schematic estimation of lot size.  Some appeared pretty large.

@mms2020: Thanks for the site map.

Doesn't seem to be many homes for this first 'hood. And having them all together like that will be interesting... they don't seem to have any distribution pattern, the $700k homes are right next to the $1.5m ones.

I was there on Sunday afternoon to look around few model homes.

1) feel of neighborhood; seemed like every homes on any one of the streets were different, unlike TIC built community
2) big lot size; huuuge compared to tiny lot TIC gives you
3) slightly lower base price compared to TIC homes in similar size

Dislikes:
1) master bedroom on first floor; what's up with that?
2) high Mello Roos; is it true that MR can go up?

So-So:
1) interesting layout compared to TIC homes, but nothing really stood out at least for me (granted, I only looked at few)
2) American heritage style is refreshing compared to TIC's mediterranean style, but I still like mediterranean style little more (I traveled a lot to Europe, and I like everything about mediterranean region)

BTW, this visit reminded me of grand opening day for potty spring back in 06.  I remember parking on a dirt area, waiting in a looong line under hot sun, just to wait for a bus to take me to model homes, and pushing people around to see the finest work done by builders and to just grab some info sheetf, if there was any left over.  Last weekend wasn't anything like that, but pretty close I think.  So, is this a bubble?

Oh, that round about at the entrance.  Is that a first one in Irvine?  It's common in Europe, but I don't think I saw one in Irvine until this one.  It was pretty fun riding a golf cart around it.  :)

Tyler Durden said:
Its effective even in heavy traffic, provided folks don't lock up and get stupid (like they do at the round about in Quail hill).
So, there is one already in QH.  I never knew.
Why can't TIC build one?
It's so fun, going round and round and round....

People aren't concerned with living on top of a military base that is categorized as a superfund site? News on the TCE plume is hard to come across. I don't know what to believe but it would be nice to know the truth!

Chairman said:
People aren't concerned with living on top of a military base that is categorized as a superfund site? News on the TCE plume is hard to come across. I don't know what to believe but it would be nice to know the truth!
Your right - people don't care or they don't know about the potential issues. Ignorance is not an excuse for stupidity.

Back