Great Park Neighborhoods

NYT said:
The walls with the stone veneer were not black before the veneer was applied. I saw those walls as they were being constructed. That said, that doesn't mean that the black walls aren't temporary. It's just that the landscaping right in front of the walls is complete (and most of which would be damaged/destroyed if they were to apply veneer) and, again, that's not how the current stone walls looked before the veneer was applied.

Black walls are permanent. FivePoint told people the color of black was meant to give a different ?feel?, and when the plantings start to grow on the walls it will definitely have a softer look...

LOL.

fairplay said:
NYT said:
The walls with the stone veneer were not black before the veneer was applied. I saw those walls as they were being constructed. That said, that doesn't mean that the black walls aren't temporary. It's just that the landscaping right in front of the walls is complete (and most of which would be damaged/destroyed if they were to apply veneer) and, again, that's not how the current stone walls looked before the veneer was applied.

Black walls are permanent. FivePoint told people the color of black was meant to give a different ?feel?, and when the plantings start to grow on the walls it will definitely have a softer look...

LOL.

What an eyesore.  It just looks out of place.  Glad I didn't buy here.  We'll just have to wait to see how "softer' the looks will be in a few years.

AA said:
fairplay said:
NYT said:

LOL.

What an eyesore.  It just looks out of place.  Glad I didn't buy here.  We'll just have to wait to see how "softer' the looks will be in a few years.

you are behind.. the black parts are getting the stone veneer treatment.

jmoney74 said:
AA said:
fairplay said:
NYT said:

LOL.

you are behind.. the black parts are getting the stone veneer treatment.
Do you know if it's for all or some of the black? Did they already start?

I'll have to drive around to see. The one they have towards the front when you drive in went up with the new phase. I'll have to wait and see. I don't see it up anywhere else although I drive more around the front of community.

If you take Prospect to Ridge Valley and make a Right (towards Irvine Blvd), you can see it most of the way down the street. 

aquabliss said:
If you take Prospect to Ridge Valley and make a Right (towards Irvine Blvd), you can see it most of the way down the street.

ah ok.  I'm always just more towards the front from Irvine Blvd... most of it just stone.  I'll have to check it out and see.

UPDATED MAP

OVERALL+ILLUSTRATIVE.jpg

Now that I looked out for it.. finally saw the black walls.  Wish it were all stone.. but honestly I didn't notice it at first.  They did a decent job of blending it in. 

Does anyone actually think it looks good though? I also live in PP and agree that it would look much better being all stone...it would also match with PS across the street on Ridge Valley, which is all stone.

For some reason, the PP cinder block walls (without paint) don't look as nice as TIC cinder block walls.  Was trying to figure out exactly what it is since I can't see them side by side.  I think it's a mix of the color used and the accent on the top that TIC uses. 

jmoney74 said:
Now that I looked out for it.. finally saw the black walls.  Wish it were all stone.. but honestly I didn't notice it at first.  They did a decent job of blending it in.

Wonder if we could lobby the HOA to get it changed?  I was shocked when I found out the black walls were the actual design, thought they still needed to be finished.  They're especially bad on some of the corner lots throughout the community where the black wall actually separates your property from the sidewalk. 

jrscgsr said:
jmoney74 said:

Wonder if we could lobby the HOA to get it changed?  I was shocked when I found out the black walls were the actual design, thought they still needed to be finished.  They're especially bad on some of the corner lots throughout the community where the black wall actually separates your property from the sidewalk. 

Very true, wonder if that's possible...while we're at it, maybe we can get them to finally get those lights on Ridge Valley fixed to come on at night time :)  They'll probably just raise the association dues though to "compensate" for any work they do.

ajw522 said:
jrscgsr said:
jmoney74 said:

Very true, wonder if that's possible...while we're at it, maybe we can get them to finally get those lights on Ridge Valley fixed to come on at night time :)  They'll probably just raise the association dues though to "compensate" for any work they do.

I think we all prefer to not have the black walls.  I haven't moved in yet.. please fight the good fight!  ;)

jrscgsr said:
jmoney74 said:

You probably can, for some straight cash homey
http://youtu.be/07G23zMGa4g

I like black walls, I use it as camouflage.  I just can't smile or open my eyes otherwise you'll see three white specks against the wall.

Back