Great Park Homeless Shelter

Irvine or Bust said:
These guys sound like they're in their teens, but either way, major losers. Should have just called IPD and tell them they were threatening you. Based on their level of maturity, I hate to say it, but they may come back and thrash the pool area. I've already seen people from other cities come to Irvine to use the nice new facilities.

Just curious. How do you know they are from other cities.

I was at the PP pool yesterday from noon to 4:30pm with the family and invited a friend and his family too. I wish I had stayed around longer along with my friend to see this occur. Let's just say it would not have ended well for these 4 losers. 

Agreed that I did not see security come in one time to visit the pool. HOA money well spent.

Generally PP pool has been pretty mellow so surprised to hear this.

paydawg said:
Here's the 2nd incident a day later? Posted by the same guy.

So if you stayed you would of set it off with the 4 guys?
Do you "expect" the securty to bust a smackdown?

#observeANDreport

rickr said:
I was at the PP pool yesterday from noon to 4:30pm with the family and invited a friend and his family too. I wish I had stayed around longer along with my friend to see this occur. Let's just say it would not have ended well for these 4 losers. 

Agreed that I did not see security come in one time to visit the pool. HOA money well spent.

paydawg said:

eyephone said:
Irvine or Bust said:
These guys sound like they're in their teens, but either way, major losers. Should have just called IPD and tell them they were threatening you. Based on their level of maturity, I hate to say it, but they may come back and thrash the pool area. I've already seen people from other cities come to Irvine to use the nice new facilities.

Just curious. How do you know they are from other cities.

I stereotype and I'm also nosy, so I usually ask if they just bought here or are they from another city checking out Irvine. The usual response, "Oh, I'm just checking out Irvine, heard it was a nice place". It's usually families that just want to use the facilities. I've seen a few teens that look out of place. Once awhile they're wearing their highschool logo, and it ain't from Irvine.

On a last note the kids were definitely drunk and maybe high on pot. I'm a court recognized expert on identifying people high on drugs and/or alcohol as I spend the better part of 40 hours a week dealing with high or drunk people 

I'm not a court appointed expert, but doesn't pot usually make people mellow?

This reminds me, a coworker was complaining that their community pool was being occupied by a homeless guy who locks himself in the bathroom overnight but is gone by morning.

Loco_local said:
This reminds me, a coworker was complaining that their community pool was being occupied by a homeless guy who locks himself in the bathroom overnight but is gone by morning.

That reminds me a scene from the movie pursuit of happiness.

I would have kindly asked them to leave and not let my neighbor deal with it on his own. I would not escalate unless provoked.

I doubt they would escalate. Kids like this are just trying to puff out their chest and bully people around.

eyephone said:
So if you stayed you would of set it off with the 4 guys?
Do you "expect" the securty to bust a smackdown?

#observeANDreport

rickr said:

paydawg said:

Someone should have put that fucking kids mouth on the edge of the sidewalk and stomped on the back of his head. American history X style.

Police will tell them to leave and if they do leave, they don't do anything else. That might be enough to get them to move onto another neighborhood. If they were high, maybe they would have refused to leave and in that case probably would have earned a night in the klink.

We had pool fence jumpers and complaints to the board got the security patrol to go into the pool area and verify everyone has key fobs. Not sure what would happen if they didn't have one but maybe just security checking would be enough to prevent them from using your pool again.

qwerty said:
Someone should have put that fucking kids mouth on the edge of the sidewalk and stomped on the back of his head. American history X style.

Ha - I knew you were going to say something like this.

I was at Crystal Cove HOA pool 2 weeks ago for about 1 hour.  A pool manager and a security guard came by within that hour. 
They had white people emptying the trash cans.

Impressive.

I was just visiting.

The pool manager said 40 kids already signed up for the kids Summer swim team program.  She wanted me to sign my kids up.  I said I'd think about it.

hmmm.. for that first story with the alcohol.. why wasn't IPD called right away?  Sounds really odd. 

That is crazy, BP and PP pools are so small for the number of houses/residents they serve. We only go when we can go early and secure a shaded area to sit.  In BP the guard comes by more frequently. The time we went to PP we never saw a guard. For the $$ we pay on HOA I don't understand why there isn't better control.

jmoney74 said:
hmmm.. for that first story with the alcohol.. why wasn't IPD called right away?  Sounds really odd.

Here is a follow up post from that guy, later that same day.

Security came in and contacted the group. Security laid down the law and told them what they were doing was unacceptable. I thought it was funny that they tried to hide all their alcohol when they saw him, buts its hard to hide that many bottles. Apparently it was a group of about 20 graduates from UCI. They had one resident with them for the group of about 20. I will say that while I was extremely frustrated at first, security did a great job of rectifying the situation and taking care of the other residents at the pool. The party was in essence shut down, but the ironic thing was the organizer of the party came to me, not knowing I called security, and asked if I would sponsor their group because they needed other residents to vouch for them because of their excessive numbers. Security also told them they had to take down their banners and balloons and remove their rafts from the pool. Thank you for the support and replies, I hope I don't come off like a jerk, but this was a pretty crazy party. And thank you to security for finally fixing the situation at the end.

I love it when people finish their stories...even if it's not related to homeless shelters.

Coastal Commission says San Clemente homeless site may violate Coastal Act.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/...emente-homeless-site-may-violate-coastal-act/

I have a friend that bought his house here and his house sit on top of the bluff over looking the ocean and the encampment with the same view. I am conflicting with him being upset at the same time the homelessness issues is prevalence for most part of California and not just some locations.

I resurrect this post because choosing a right location to raise your family is extremely crucial to family safety and welfare. This has demonstrated that Irvine and city?s leadership at Irvine have done a great job at addressing the issues of homelessness for this fine city. This was a hot debated topic last year.

The encampment in San Clemente is literally right next to the new out door mall and steps away from these multi millions dollars ocean view homes.

Ocean view is great until your view is now included tents and blue tarps included.

Back