Great Park District 4 road/lot map on Redfin/Google map + upcoming retail spaces

Several sales reps from different builders in various GP developments (pavilion park, beacon, parasol, altair) mentioned 5P is trying to restrict attendance at the two K-8 elementary schools (Beacon and the upcoming Cadence elementary) to GP residents. Something about mello roos supporting the development of the schools.

I've heard of a few students attending Beacon Elementary who are not GP residents but I don't think it's common. Maybe due to a special needs program or if they transferred in early when Beacon Elementary just started and was not full.

Any truth to this?

Maserson said:
Several sales reps from different builders in various GP developments (pavilion park, beacon, parasol, altair) mentioned 5P is trying to restrict attendance at the two K-8 elementary schools (Beacon and the upcoming Cadence elementary) to GP residents. Something about mello roos supporting the development of the schools.

I've heard of a few students attending Beacon Elementary who are not GP residents but I don't think it's common. Maybe due to a special needs program or if they transferred in early when Beacon Elementary just started and was not full.

Any truth to this?

You can always request a transfer within the district, the kids within the boundaries and siblings will have priority.
There were several transfer requests especially from kids from CV and PS, Beacon was beginning and was not full.

Eao said:
Maserson said:

Any truth to this?

You can always request a transfer within the district, the kids within the boundaries and siblings will have priority.
There were several transfer requests especially from kids from CV and PS, Beacon was beginning and was not full.

Beacon is full capacity and can only serve kids at Beacon, Pavillion, and Parasol this year. Next year Parasol attend cadence K-8 and Altair will be assigned to Beacon K-8. Not even residence in the Great Park have a choice All of those Mello-Roos paid by these folks will have to be served first. Even if you live accross the street from the zoned school, you are out of luck.

The people that complained about high Mello-Roos and don't want to pay for it also want their kids to go the new school. Not going to happen.

They denied our transfer request. We were already in the process of moving but wanted some extra time to consider summer BP resales. 

I agree with restricting access due to the higher mellos.

Back