Filipino Invasion into Irvine!

irvinehomeowner said:
@SoCal: Try the balut... it's not spicy at all.

:)

Sorry for the delay. I was busy deleting my post over in the travel thread where I say how much I trust you.

I practiced my Tagalog on the deli clerk at my grocery store last night in preparation for my visit to Pinoy Pam's. I think I scared the poor guy. All I said was, "Salamat, po!" in my super American girl accent. I'm not the best but I try anyway. The poor guy looked like he saw a ghost! I thought he was going to die. Did I say the wrong thing? That is what my friend at work taught me & she's from the P.I. I asked if he's okay. He said he was shocked that I knew he is NOT Mexican. Haha! I hope that's all it is.

SoCal said:
I practiced my Tagalog on the deli clerk at my grocery store last night in preparation for my visit to Pinoy Pam's. I think I scared the poor guy. All I said was, "Salamat, po!" in my super American girl accent. I'm not the best but I try anyway. The poor guy looked like he saw a ghost! I thought he was going to die. Did I say the wrong thing? That is what my friend at work taught me & she's from the P.I. I asked if he's okay. He said he was shocked that I knew he is NOT Mexican. Haha! I hope that's all it is.

You said "Thank you, sir/ma'am"

"po" is usually added to convey respect/politeness

Back