City Election 2014

The California Court Company said:
How is Choi a puppet of Lalloway who is relatively new to Irvine city politics and much younger? just because Choi is a bad public speaker?

You are pretty biased against Choi as it seems.

If by biased you mean that I don't care for Choi, then you are correct; I've told him as much.  If, however, you're suggesting something racially related (ref. comment regarding public speaking), then you are way out of line.

And yes, regarding light synchronization, wasn't there funding allocated for this?  Where did that money go?  Clearly not towards synchronizing lights.  I know, Agran's fault, right?  :) 

Ready2Downsize said:
Don't know about school overcrowding, my kids are long past graduating from college.

Air quality doesn't seem to be any different than when I moved to the area in 1989.

I want to know why we spent $200-$250 million for an orange balloon and marketing. True the redevelopment funds from the state were withdrawn, but is that a reason to blow that kind of money, because the state was going to throw more at the city down the road?

For the love of God, we could have financed half a sports stadium in cash for that kind of money.

Yeah, overcrowding in the schools is a huge problem.

Regarding the $200-$250, yeah, total cluster f-bomb.  As much as people refuse to admit, it wasn't all Agran; the other council members voted, in some cases unanimously, on many of the elements making up that grand prize. 

And yeah, I too wondered about a sports stadium but was really loving the idea of an amazing park.  Too bad that - the picture originally painted for us - will never come to fruition. 

I'm not saying we should have gotten a sports stadium but THAT is how much money was wasted. Probably could have built it for even less a few years ago and the city wouldn't have even had to pay for the land.

Closing Los Naranjos school is not enough of a reason to swing a vote from Choi to Agran, especially when I can see a benefit in doing so.

The light synchronization works WONDERFULLY except at high traffic times (ie. when everyone gets off work).

I went from Portola to Campus via Culver a few days ago at 2 PM in 14 minutes. Hit ONE red light.

what I hate the most, although not very often, is pedestrians crossing major arteries during peak traffic hours. you just see dozens of cars waiting for 1 guy doing his morning walk.

Ready2Downsize said:
The light synchronization works WONDERFULLY except at high traffic times (ie. when everyone gets off work).

I went from Portola to Campus via Culver a few days ago at 2 PM in 14 minutes. Hit ONE red light.

Ready2Downsize said:
Closing Los Naranjos school is not enough of a reason to swing a vote from Choi to Agran, especially when I can see a benefit in doing so.

No, it was the lying en-route that defined - to me at least - who he is. 

A yes for Proposition 2 might actually result in helping out overcrowded schools. Currently school districts can hold onto as much money as they want instead of allocating it to hire more teachers, which reduces class size, or adding teacher aides to give our students more support. It still requires districts to have large reserves but prevents the large cyclical changes in funding that results in unfriendly cuts. A local district, not IUSD, is choosing to not spend $46 million instead of investing in their students and smaller class sizes. Lastly, this is a school funding measure not endorsed by CTA so it must be fair for all.

Here are the Letters in the OC Register today.

ScreenShot2014-11-04at114329AM_zps899a2b5b.png

early results

CITY OF IRVINE Mayor
Vote Count Percentage
STEVEN S. CHOI 6,848 45.8%
MARY ANN GAIDO 6,494 43.4%
KATHERINE DAIGLE 1,626 10.9%

CITY OF IRVINE Member, City Council
Vote Count Percentage
LYNN SCHOTT 6,399 23.2%
JEFFREY LALLOWAY 6,398 23.2%
MELISSA FOX 6,210 22.6%
LARRY AGRAN 5,343 19.4%
EVAN CHEMERS 3,174 11.5%

test said:
early results

CITY OF IRVINE Mayor
Vote Count Percentage
STEVEN S. CHOI 6,848 45.8%
MARY ANN GAIDO 6,494 43.4%
KATHERINE DAIGLE 1,626 10.9%

CITY OF IRVINE Member, City Council
Vote Count Percentage
LYNN SCHOTT 6,399 23.2%
JEFFREY LALLOWAY 6,398 23.2%
MELISSA FOX 6,210 22.6%
LARRY AGRAN 5,343 19.4%
EVAN CHEMERS 3,174 11.5%
If this is from south of 405 and 5 precincts, that is pretty good for choi

I wonder for how long we'll have to put up with the sign pollution along Irvine streets. I hated them before the election, I hate all the signs even more now.

I've been eagerly awaiting my next issue of the Irvine Community Newsletter (or whatever it was called) for the next information packed issue on Irvine info.  Seems to have gone AWOL just like my Orange County Register Sunday paper.  :p

Back