City Election 2014

Irvinecommuter said:
Bullsback said:
I had been wondering when something much more along those lines would come out.  I kept wondering why Choi had not been more aggressive in regards to the outrageous claims of pro growth vs. slow growth, etc.

Because he like "growth"...his campaign has a lot of developer money in it.  It's not right or wrong because growth v. no growth is not right or wrong.

I agree.

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Bullsback said:
I had been wondering when something much more along those lines would come out.  I kept wondering why Choi had not been more aggressive in regards to the outrageous claims of pro growth vs. slow growth, etc.

Because he like "growth"...his campaign has a lot of developer money in it.  It's not right or wrong because growth v. no growth is not right or wrong.

I agree.

Choi clearly thinks that its not popular enough to run on....which is interesting.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Bullsback said:

I agree.

Choi clearly thinks that its not popular enough to run on....which is interesting.

The extreme opposite of growth, is tear down buildings to restore it to orange trees/farms. 

Mayor Choi was at a school function this afternoon.  He went on about how much they were spending on this program so I was about to bite it for you guys and stand up and ask about his spending on the "investigation".  But I remembered seeing a video of a heckler being told by Gov. Christie to sit down and shut up so I stopped.  :p

He was nice enough to take pictures with my kids so I guess I'll let that slide.  :p

Even more popular though than the Mayor was the Eat-More-Chicken Cow from Chick-Fil-A.  I didn't know that cow was running for Mayor. :p

irvinehusky said:
Mayor Choi was at a school function this afternoon.  He went on about how much they were spending on this program so I was about to bite it for you guys and stand up and ask about his spending on the "investigation".  But I remembered seeing a video of a heckler being told by Gov. Christie to sit down and shut up so I stopped.  :p

He was nice enough to take pictures with my kids so I guess I'll let that slide.  :p

Even more popular though than the Mayor was the Eat-More-Chicken Cow from Chick-Fil-A.  I didn't know that cow was running for Mayor. :p

The best investigation would be from the California Attorney General, but she's a Democrat. Agran is also a Democrat. (Who knows)

irvinehusky said:
Mayor Choi was at a school function this afternoon.  He went on about how much they were spending on this program so I was about to bite it for you guys and stand up and ask about his spending on the "investigation".

LOL - that would have been classic - on par with Gary Garver asking OJ on the golf course, "So how's the investigation going?"  "Do have any suggestions on how to blood out of clothing?"

I can't believe it, I'm in agreement with the OC Register. Here are their recommendations for Irvine city issues:

ScreenShot2014-10-30at92922PM_zps54dc3c67.png

Someone who can post on Irvine Community News and Views Facebook page (I've been barred) should post the above graphic to their page and see how long it takes to get deleted and barred as well. Yes, it's called Irvine Community News and Views, as long as your news is all pro-Agran and your views are all pro-Agran.

NYT said:
I can't believe it, I'm in agreement with the OC Register. Here are their recommendations for Irvine city issues:

Someone who can post on Irvine Community News and Views Facebook page (I've been barred) should post the above graphic to their page and see how long it takes to get deleted and barred as well. Yes, it's called Irvine Community News and Views, as long as your news is all pro-Agran and your views are all pro-Agran.
It's really bad that you were banned from the site. If you hadn't been banned from the site, would you have voted Agran?

I don't like what it says about Agran that he surrounds himself with political operatives who banned you, but am also not sure if that should influence a voting decision. I still have no idea who I should vote for. Kind of sad that such a desirable city can produce so few (or any) good candidates.

i1 said:
NYT said:

It's really bad that you were banned from the site. If you hadn't been banned from the site, would you have voted Agran?

I don't like what it says about Agran that he surrounds himself with political operatives who banned you, but am also not sure if that should influence a voting decision. I still have no idea who I should vote for. Kind of sad that such a desirable city can produce so few (or any) good candidates.

Once my comment was delete and I was banned from even posting (and, I remind you, what I posted wasn't negative, all I did was say that Irvine Community News and Views is funded by the Agran campaign), I pretty much knew I wouldn't be voting for him and his slate anymore. It made my decision easier. Since then, I'm also upset at his opposition to term limits (the guy has been at Irvine City Hall since my college days at UCI over 20 years ago!), and the waste of $200 million to his pals and cronies. It's just unfortunate I don't have pro reasons to vote for Choi.

We've witnessed over the last month or so - by an enormous margin - the most pathetic display of political campaigning BS ever in Irvine.  It's a shame we don't have a better, untainted selection of candidates.  Agran, well... he's Agran.  And Choi, he's best described by all those around him as the perfect puppet, one easily controlled by puppet master Lalloway and his side-kick Shea (who, by the way, absolutely despise each other). 

So you have the Slow Growth Team claiming they want to slow things down a bit.  Personally, I like this.  Traffic here in Irvine has gone from paradise to hell in the last several years, which really must suck for those who drive every day.  Our schools are overcrowded, air quality is going down along with the quality of life.  But....can you believe these guys?  It's the Agran team and Agran, well....he's Agran.  And yes, most of the high density crap currently built was approved under Agran (but also approved under Shea and Choi as well).

Then you have the Choi/Lalloway/Schott team.  What platform are they even running on?  The only thing I've seen from their camp is disgusting smear BS.  Have they said anything positive?  What do they support other than their $1.2 million GP audit?  I've seen a lot coming from Shea, claiming they support the "Master Plan" and retail centers, but pretty much everything I've seen from Choi/Lalloway/Shea is on the contrary.  The fact (well, can't say fact because they'll never officially reveal this) that their campaign pockets are being stuffed by developers certainly suggests that their loyalty and concern is not supporting the community's interest.  And personally, I wouldn't trust Choi and far as I can throw him, which actually at times I feel I could have thrown him pretty far, so maybe I should rephrase that.  :)

We can all argue about who's the best for the job.  But one thing for sure, our City Council is broken; it's a dysfunctional mess.  Anyone who doubts this, feel free to sit in one of the council meetings; it's a joke.  Who do you pin this on?  Well, isn't Mayor the top dog?

Joe Irvine said:
We've witnessed over the last month or so - by an enormous margin - the most pathetic display of political campaigning BS ever in Irvine.  It's a shame we don't have a better, untainted selection of candidates.  Agran, well... he's Agran.  And Choi, he's best described by all those around him as the perfect puppet, one easily controlled by puppet master Lalloway and his side-kick Shea (who, by the way, absolutely despise each other). 

So you have the Slow Growth Team claiming they want to slow things down a bit.  Personally, I like this.  Traffic here in Irvine has gone from paradise to hell in the last several years, which really must suck for those who drive every day.  Our schools are overcrowded, air quality is going down along with the quality of life.  But....can you believe these guys?  It's the Agran team and Agran, well....he's Agran.  And yes, most of the high density crap currently built was approved under Agran (but also approved under Shea and Choi as well).

Then you have the Choi/Lalloway/Schott team.  What platform are they even running on?  The only thing I've seen from their camp is disgusting smear BS.  Have they said anything positive?  What do they support other than their $1.2 million GP audit?  I've seen a lot coming from Shea, claiming they support the "Master Plan" and retail centers, but pretty much everything I've seen from Choi/Lalloway/Shea is on the contrary.  The fact (well, can't say fact because they'll never officially reveal this) that their campaign pockets are being stuffed by developers certainly suggests that their loyalty and concern is not supporting the community's interest.  And personally, I wouldn't trust Choi and far as I can throw him, which actually at times I feel I could have thrown him pretty far, so maybe I should rephrase that.  :)

We can all argue about who's the best for the job.  But one thing for sure, our City Council is broken; it's a dysfunctional mess.  Anyone who doubts this, feel free to sit in one of the council meetings; it's a joke.  Who do you pin this on?  Well, isn't Mayor the top dog?

I think we can all conclude that the whole thing is screwed up.  Personally, I'm not against or for "growth".    I think growth can be good if is done right.  Personally, I don't traffic is significantly better or worse than before.  I think there is a lot of construction and road fixing but once those are done, traffic is pretty good.  Even the area around Sand Canyon/5 has cleared up pretty nicely.  They could do a better job of the aligning the lanes though, that left turn off the Southbound 5 exit on to Sand Canyon is a recipe for disaster.

I'm a Democrat so voting for a GOP candidate does not make me very happy...I think Agran has "lost his chance" and Choi should be allowed a little more time to do what he believe needs to be done.  Honestly, I don't expect anything really to change in the next 2 to 4 years.

Traffic is significantly worse during 7:30-8a and 5:30-6p before the existence of Westpark II, Northxxxxx, Woodbury, Stonegate, PS and PP.

Even near QH, the 405 gets a bit bumpy because of all the residences that live there.

Irvinecommuter said:
Joe Irvine said:

I think we can all conclude that the whole thing is screwed up.  Personally, I'm not against or for "growth".    I think growth can be good if is done right.  Personally, I don't traffic is significantly better or worse than before.  I think there is a lot of construction and road fixing but once those are done, traffic is pretty good.  Even the area around Sand Canyon/5 has cleared up pretty nicely.  They could do a better job of the aligning the lanes though, that left turn off the Southbound 5 exit on to Sand Canyon is a recipe for disaster.

I'm a Democrat so voting for a GOP candidate does not make me very happy...I think Agran has "lost his chance" and Choi should be allowed a little more time to do what he believe needs to be done.  Honestly, I don't expect anything really to change in the next 2 to 4 years.

My prediction, GOP will win a lot of races nationally.

Joe Irvine said:
And Choi, he's best described by all those around him as the perfect puppet, one easily controlled by puppet master Lalloway and his side-kick Shea (who, by the way, absolutely despise each other). 

How is Choi a puppet of Lalloway who is relatively new to Irvine city politics and much younger? just because Choi is a bad public speaker?

You are pretty biased against Choi as it seems.

By that reasoning, the mess in Congress is all Obama's fault.

As for your points:

The traffic zips along in the middle of the day but around 5 or so it slows to a crawl for me if I need to go from Campus to Portola.

Don't know about school overcrowding, my kids are long past graduating from college.

Air quality doesn't seem to be any different than when I moved to the area in 1989.

As for growth, seems that the builders are having some issues selling houses at the rate they were in the recent past. If that continues, growth will slow, it's a matter of supply and demand.

So where does that leave me?

I want to know why we spent $200-$250 million for an orange balloon and marketing. True the redevelopment funds from the state were withdrawn, but is that a reason to blow that kind of money, because the state was going to throw more at the city down the road?

For the love of God, we could have financed half a sports stadium in cash for that kind of money.

If anything is going to sink Agran?....it's that goddam Great Park!
They should have left El Toro destroyed after ID4
MCASElToro11_ElToroBase.jpg

id4airbaseattack.gif

Back