Citrine at Portola Springs

With 1600 sqft, any wall makes the place feel cramped. It was one of our issues with the pre-2010 condos we looked at when house hunting. They felt so dark and small. The first floor is only 625sqft. Take away 425 for the garage and you don't have much to work with.

If I were buying >1800sqft house I wouldn't be looking for a box. That's just lazy design and TIC brainwashing of the Great room.

Actually it'll be interesting to see how Citrine's 3-story compares to JC in person. They moved the powder room to the stairs and now the main floor is more boxlike.

Looks like the Plan 4C has most of the 1st floor living area with 18ft ceilings.  Sounds like a winner to me.  I hope they modeled this one, I'd like to check it out.

nyc to oc said:
Am I the only one who really dislikes when the kitchen, dining and living room are all in one single rectangular room with no demarcations? L shape great room, with some sort of nook for the dining area, OK, at least there's some different lines of sight. The rectangular shoebox configuration just feels too studio apartment like to me.
I too favor the traditional living room, dining room, family room, nook arrangement but it seems no one else does (except you and IHO) so it would probably be hard to resell.  Even the giant Trevi homes have that modern open layout.  In all of the reno shows on HGTV, the first thing they do is knock all the interior walls down.  I've yet to see an renovation show where they took a open floor plan and divided it into separate living spaces.

Residence 1: 614,660-643,507
Residence 2: 597,947-608,545
Residence 3: 618,828-665,362
Residence 4: 667,224-669,799

Prices include pre-selected options

MR: 3700/year
HOA: 134 (Portola) + 129 (Citrine)

Broker co-op is $10k.  I liked Plan 3 the best...decent sized kitchen with a pantry and lots of windows with a decent sized side yard. 

Citrine homes appear to be smaller dense condos and too close to Toll way 133. Does anyone know if they will appreciate as quickly as other homes coming in the PP area ?

srinids said:
Citrine homes appear to be smaller dense condos and too close to Toll way 133. Does anyone know if they will appreciate as quickly as other homes coming in the PP area ?

Unfortunately these homes will appreciate at only 3.6% annually while other surrounding homes will appreciate at 5.2% annually.

#crystalball

Back