Here's latest price sheet.

Attachments

• Calistoga phase 4 price sheet.jpg
    Calistoga phase 4 price sheet.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 510
  • Calistoga phase 1-4 lot map.jpg
    Calistoga phase 1-4 lot map.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 391
I've hunch that lot 55 plan 2 leftover from the phase one will linger longer than those single story plan 4 homes. 

Bullsback said:
These homes have some of the smallest backyards I've ever seen (in this size of a home). 

Yeah, that's one major disappointment about Calistoga.

I really likes the home and this is probably the best 3000 s.f. floor plan I've seen.  Everything looks really good until I saw the back yard.  There're no home behind the model home right now but just imagine when there are home there.  The back yard will feel more like a small court yard and there's no privacy. 

Too bad they don't have more home that are back against a street or a park so the homes are not back against each other.  Those 9,000-10,000 s.f. lots back against the trail would be awesome though.

Oh one more thing, I notice the MR is only $3530.  That's really low for a $1.4m home. 

lnc said:
Bullsback said:
These homes have some of the smallest backyards I've ever seen (in this size of a home). 

Yeah, that's one major disappointment about Calistoga.

I really likes the home and this is probably the best 3000 s.f. floor plan I've seen.  Everything looks really good until I saw the back yard.  There're no home behind the model home right now but just imagine when there are home there.  The back yard will feel more like a small court yard and there's no privacy. 

Too bad they don't have more home that are back against a street or a park so the homes are not back against each other.  Those 9,000-10,000 s.f. lots back against the trail would be awesome though.

Oh one more thing, I notice the MR is only $3530.  That's really low for a $1.4m home.
Eastwood in general has very low MR. 

Capella, hands down.  Not that you can buy a Capella anymore.  Both have ridiculously small yards, but OH is nicer than EW. No one is going to convince me otherwise. 

checked it out today.  wow talk about no yard.  it's like capella except capella didn't have a home right behind you.  will get seriously claustrophobic there.  floor plans were alright though.

About to pull the trigger on a Plan 2 at Calistoga. The biggest apprehension is the no yard. But I can't think of an alternative for us in the ~3,000 sq ft home range with base price of below 1.5 mil. We are new to Irvine, so open for suggestions. (Great Park is out due to potential soil issues)

zakami said:
About to pull the trigger on a Plan 2 at Calistoga. The biggest apprehension is the no yard. But I can't think of an alternative for us in the ~3,000 sq ft home range with base price of below 1.5 mil. We are new to Irvine, so open for suggestions. (Great Park is out due to potential soil issues)

For around 3,000 S.F. homes, not many can beat Calistoga's floor plan but here's a few other new tracts coming out next year that are competing with Calistoga. 

Moro by The New Home Co. at Eastwood.

Beverly by Brookfield Homes at Eastwood.

A new Shea Home product at Orchard Hills, next to Varrena. http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14647.msg302032.html#msg302032

zakami said:

Have you considered resale homes?  There are a few Mulberry resale homes and I know that there will be a Stonegate resale listing coming in Jan (both under $1.5m).

USCTrojanCPA said:
Have you considered resale homes?  There are a few Mulberry resale homes and I know that there will be a Stonegate resale listing coming in Jan (both under $1.5m).

Thank you USCTrojanCPA. When I look up Mulberry (in Cypress Village?), the largest plan seems to be in ~2,500 sq ft range which is a bit smaller than what we'd like. Could you share which tract the Stonegate home will be in?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Plan 2 at Calistoga.  Lot sizes are pretty small though which is one of the biggest drawbacks I feel but the floor plan seems efficient and EW seems like a good neighborhood/track to be in.  It seems that Calistoga is close enough to the school/park to walk but not close enough to deal with crazy traffic. 

Is the lot size vs price point the only major drawback to these homes?  They seem to be moving and selling but there's definitely some inventory available.

Thanks for any advice/feedback!

calbear said:
Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Plan 2 at Calistoga.  Lot sizes are pretty small though which is one of the biggest drawbacks I feel but the floor plan seems efficient and EW seems like a good neighborhood/track to be in.  It seems that Calistoga is close enough to the school/park to walk but not close enough to deal with crazy traffic. 

Is the lot size vs price point the only major drawback to these homes?  They seem to be moving and selling but there's definitely some inventory available.

Thanks for any advice/feedback!

Calistoga has one of my favorite 3000 sf. homes floor plan, price seems alright but you just can't beat that $3000 MR and $125 HOA. But yes, that small yard is an issue.   

My main complain with Calistoga is that there're not many homes that are not back against another home. 

If you look at Belvedere and Piedmont's lot map, there are many home that are back against the street and not back against another home.  When the home with a very small back yard, no neighborhood behind your home will make that small yard tolerable.  If the developer design the lot differently with more home back against a street or bigger yard, I just might pull the trigger. 

I would also wait and checkout the Morro by the New Home Co. and Beverly by the Brookfield Home at Eastwood that are coming out later this year.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14982.msg301052.html#msg301052
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14983.0.html

Thanks.  I went to Piedmont and correct me if I'm wrong but I think its got a driveway but no real curbside along the road but they have designated parking spots around for people to park when visiting.  I find that odd and unappealing.  Belvedere looks pretty good in terms of floorplan and I see you're right, they do have some units that back onto a street. 

I'll give it some more thoughts but besides the yard/neighbor issues it seems pretty appealing.  Any guess as to when the other two developments come out?

When I asked the salespeople at Calistoga about the larger lots at the end, they said they didn't purchase the land yet and are working out the details.  They didn't know when those lots would be sold and said it could be up to a year.

Yeah, the northern half of the land are still own by the developer (TIC) but it is reserved for William Lyon to build more Calistoga in the future.  W.L. can still decided not to purchase the land if the sales fall short of expectation but the way thing goes, its not likely.

Actually I'm ok with the small back yard but just hate to have a neighborhood's home so close at the back especially for a $1.5m property. 

Regarding to Morro and Beverly, I have no idea when exactly they will come out but probably late 2017 or early 2018.  Their lot are not that big either but a few have slightly bigger lot and a few also have no neighborhood in the back. 

Thanks for the info.  Ya I'll keep my eye out for now and see how it goes.  I'll keep myself on the interest list for Calistoga and see how the community develops.  Just hope the phase price increase doesn't price me out.  1.5m is pretty much my upper limit comfortably. 

Or I was thinking I could buy a petaluma x 2 and rent one out.  :D

Back