BMW Lease Negotiation

USCTrojanCPA said:
rkp said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Btw, I noticed today that PenFed dropped their interest rates for the car loans again...from 1.99% to 1.49% (both for new and used car purchases).  I feel like I'm getting ripped off by having a 2.49% interest rate on my car loan through them (got it last year in May).

can u refi a car loan?
Yes, you can refi car loans but you can't refi a PenFed car loan with another PenFed car loan. 

can you go to another loan (even a worse interest loan) for a month and then go to the new penfed loan?

rkp said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
rkp said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Btw, I noticed today that PenFed dropped their interest rates for the car loans again...from 1.99% to 1.49% (both for new and used car purchases).  I feel like I'm getting ripped off by having a 2.49% interest rate on my car loan through them (got it last year in May).

can u refi a car loan?
Yes, you can refi car loans but you can't refi a PenFed car loan with another PenFed car loan. 

can you go to another loan (even a worse interest loan) for a month and then go to the new penfed loan?
Not worth the trouble....my car loan was $50,000 (now below $40,000) so a .50% reduction in interest rates doesn't save me too much (especially when you tax effect my interest expense).

The Infiniti QX is humongous! A little overkill do me but I do like the interior. I would consider the JX, better bang for the buck.

RKP- I photoshopped myself to be skinner lol!

Martin- Refi!!!!!

@homie: Yeah... I'm talking about the JX. They show tons of their commercials during the Olympics and I see a few on the road... it's just... well... it's a Nissan.

@rkp: I can confirm that Homer does not look like a donut eater... where conversely I don't own a donut store but DO look like a donut eater.

USCTrojanCPA said:
rkp said:
not sure on bmw's but i noticed the asian cars tend to not offer great deals buying a 1 year old car.  my rx350 was only a couple grand more than a 1 year old used version and my friend who is buying a honda noticed the same thing

how does the lease take over work? 
There are a few websites where people post listings of the terms to take over their lease.  Depending upon their lease payment and how much they put down, they may offer a cash incentive or require you to reimbursement them some of their downpayment.  You get approved through _____ Financial Services (BMW, Toyota, Lexus, etc) and you pay a minor transfer fee and away you go.  There are two websites out there, but I'll have to find out the names of them as I haven't checked them out in years.  I think Japanese cars hold their value better than luxury German cars, but I only buy from private party sellers as the dealer prices can be pretty high.  I'll give you an example...my car was less than 6 months old with about 5k miles when I bought it....sticker price was $75ish and I bought it for $60k.

Why do people sell a 6 month old car?  I always assume the worst and figure that the car has some sort of problem.

annabanana said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
rkp said:
not sure on bmw's but i noticed the asian cars tend to not offer great deals buying a 1 year old car.  my rx350 was only a couple grand more than a 1 year old used version and my friend who is buying a honda noticed the same thing

how does the lease take over work? 
There are a few websites where people post listings of the terms to take over their lease.  Depending upon their lease payment and how much they put down, they may offer a cash incentive or require you to reimbursement them some of their downpayment.  You get approved through _____ Financial Services (BMW, Toyota, Lexus, etc) and you pay a minor transfer fee and away you go.  There are two websites out there, but I'll have to find out the names of them as I haven't checked them out in years.  I think Japanese cars hold their value better than luxury German cars, but I only buy from private party sellers as the dealer prices can be pretty high.  I'll give you an example...my car was less than 6 months old with about 5k miles when I bought it....sticker price was $75ish and I bought it for $60k.

Why do people sell a 6 month old car?  I always assume the worst and figure that the car has some sort of problem.
Why?  Well, the guy that I bought my car from got bored with the car (not enough power) and moved on to something bigger, better, and more expense (Porsche Turbo).  The car was in perfect condition without a single scratch on it and checked out when I had the lease do the pre-purchase inspection for me.  Some people have the money and don't care if they take that depreciation hit to only drive a car for less than a year.

Martin- She liked jet black better. Plus her previous car was white and she wanted a change. The alpine white does look amazing with the cinnamon interior.  Already chipped her x5 for more torque and HP :)

IHO- I like the JX for all the gadgets and the price but like you said at the end of the day it's still a glorified Nissan.  The interior felt a little plasticky and didn't have the fit and finish we enjoy with German cars.

RKP- I had our sales guy put on the ribbon.

speaking of cars... im new to irvine and i really havent seen one hand wash places anywhere...

are there any recommendable handwash places near the 405 ??

i could probably make a killing migrating some hand washers from los angeles over to irvine n set up shop somewhere... or like how they do it at my old work, set up shop at a corner of an office garage, drop ur keys off before work, and "ta da~" clean car when u leave...

world chaos said:
speaking of cars... im new to irvine and i really havent seen one hand wash places anywhere...

are there any recommendable handwash places near the 405 ??

i could probably make a killing migrating some hand washers from los angeles over to irvine n set up shop somewhere... or like how they do it at my old work, set up shop at a corner of an office garage, drop ur keys off before work, and "ta da~" clean car when u leave...
I avoid all commercial car wash places, even "hand wash".  Going to those places is the quickest way to get swerls and scratches on your car.  I understand that it's more convenient and for most people it's good enough, but I'm anal with my paint.  I wash my cars myself and when I feel like I need it, get a pro detailer out to my house to detail my car (usually an all day affair).  FWIW, I use Optimum Car Care, Chemical Guys, and Invisible Glass.  My detailer is awesome, but not cheap.  I use Eric from Envious Auto Detailing.  Great attention to detail and mobile.  No affiliation with Eric, just a happy customer, blah blah blah.

how bad were the scratches and which car wash did u go that got scratched?

if it not that major i think im ok with minor scratches (im kinda lazy with my car), i take it in for spot paint jobs every 3 years anyways (to hide the dings from them pebbles trucks kick up in the 405) so i dont mind minor ones...

BTW: Most of the car washes in Irvine advertise themselves as hand car washes:

Checkered Flag
Manny's (Tustin Ranch actually)
Beacon Bay
The Car Spa

Also, most business areas do have a mobile service... ours comes every Thursday or Friday (2 different outfits).

irvinehomeowner said:

Checkered Flag
Beacon Bay
The Car Spa

Also, most business areas do have a mobile service... ours comes every Thursday or Friday (2 different outfits).

but would u recommend any of these?  i like pure 100% handwashes, not the type where they drive it through that conveyor thing to wet/foam it b4 hand washing it... those spinning sponges cause these wierd circular whirls after awhile...

anybody heard of these guys?http://www.privatecarwash.com/or like thishttp://www.ultimatedetailing.net/

dunno guess ill drive by there nxt time to see... usually if the cars being washed there are more expensive, then should be ok hahaha

irvinehomeowner said:

Checkered Flag
Beacon Bay
The Car Spa

i would highly recommend Checkered Flag on the corner of Alton & Yale (or is it east yale?) - its one of those where they drive the car to get it wet/washed but no machines touch your car. then the guys hand dry it. you are in and out in 10 minutes, regardless of how busy they are. 

Alton and East Yale Loop... closer to Jeffrey.

I don't really mind the swirling cloth strips machine... but I don't stress about the dings and scratches on the IHOMobile anyways.

so my wife just bought the MB GLK350.  We were ready to go down to sign a lease on an X3 when she was convinced by her sister to test drive the GLK 350 since she had just bought one.  So we went to fletcher jones in NB and test drove it, she really liked it, the interior is much nicer looking than the X3, but i think the X3 looks better on the outside, not a fan of the boxy look on the GLK.  im a fan of sharing prices to make sure the next person hopefully gets a better deal, so for anyone looking at one of these, we were able to get 6K off the sticker on a 2013 (premier and multimedia packages, heated front seats and keyless GO). she says it accelerated better and handled better than the X3, i can understand the acceleration (300 vs 240HP) but was surprised to hear she thought the MB handled better than the BMW.  i drove the GLK and it does drive pretty nice, didnt drive the X3 so i couldnt compare them personally.

homer_simpson said:
Congrats qwerty!

thanks homer - i was pushing her for the X5 (so i could drive it occassionaly), but she would never bite since she thought it was too big for her. never thought she would ever own anything other than a bmw, but i guess i was wrong.

Back