BMW Lease Negotiation

+1
Yes please post the info or PM us where you go?

I originally had ContiSportContact3's--grip not as good as MPSS but the ride was more supple and less tire noise. The only other tire I considered as a replacement was Yoko Advan AD08's but heard the tread life was not as good as PSS, though dry grip was better. I don't track, so the PSS seems like the best compromise for high performance street tires.

davenlei said:
OCgasman said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:
OCgasman said:
Things I don't like...well reliability hasn't been stellar and I'm not a fan of the run flat tires, expensive and handle poorly.  I would change them to regular tires except my wife drives that car with my daughter and I don't want her stuck someplace without a spare, having to wait for AAA to tow her car to the nearest dealer.

I would have to agree - tires are my biggest issue with BMW.  In 2ish years, we had to replace two run flats on our BMW.  We got suckered into the tire protection plan when we leased the car so the two tires more than paid for the plan (which made me feel better).  The tread was pretty low on the two tires they replaced and it shouldn't have been covered under the protection plan, but they were nice enough to replace them for "free" both times.

For our other BMW, we had these M sport high performance tires that wear out after 10k miles so we took off the tires and replaced them with all seasons.
I've had my Hankook high performance tires for over 10k miles and still have another 3-5k miles to go on them.  They are the best balance of performance and price when it comes to tires that you'll find.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport FTW when you're ready for new tires.  You'll thank me later, especially when you drive em in the rain.  Also I go to a great independently owned tire place in Irvine, cheaper than Costco, more professional, and don't have to wait all day to get them installed with a numbered hat on top of your car.  Let me know if you guys are interested.

I am interested!

iacrenter said:
+1
Yes please post the info or PM us where you go?

I originally had ContiSportContact3's--grip not as good as MPSS but the ride was more supple and less tire noise. The only other tire I considered as a replacement was Yoko Advan AD08's but heard the tread life was not as good as PSS, though dry grip was better. I don't track, so the PSS seems like the best compromise for high performance street tires.

davenlei said:
OCgasman said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
bones said:
OCgasman said:
Things I don't like...well reliability hasn't been stellar and I'm not a fan of the run flat tires, expensive and handle poorly.  I would change them to regular tires except my wife drives that car with my daughter and I don't want her stuck someplace without a spare, having to wait for AAA to tow her car to the nearest dealer.

I would have to agree - tires are my biggest issue with BMW.  In 2ish years, we had to replace two run flats on our BMW.  We got suckered into the tire protection plan when we leased the car so the two tires more than paid for the plan (which made me feel better).  The tread was pretty low on the two tires they replaced and it shouldn't have been covered under the protection plan, but they were nice enough to replace them for "free" both times.

For our other BMW, we had these M sport high performance tires that wear out after 10k miles so we took off the tires and replaced them with all seasons.
I've had my Hankook high performance tires for over 10k miles and still have another 3-5k miles to go on them.  They are the best balance of performance and price when it comes to tires that you'll find.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport FTW when you're ready for new tires.  You'll thank me later, especially when you drive em in the rain.  Also I go to a great independently owned tire place in Irvine, cheaper than Costco, more professional, and don't have to wait all day to get them installed with a numbered hat on top of your car.  Let me know if you guys are interested.

I am interested!

I swear by the Michelin Pilot Sports.  They perform really well, had them on my E46 and E92.

I had the AD08s on my Exige before, really grippy but the tread wear was so fast.  Super loud too.

OCgasman said:
Maybe we've been unlucky with our X5, but it sure has spent a lot of time at the shop.  We know our Service Advisor VERY well.  I also have an E90 M3 that's been fairly problem free, but always made some infrequent funny noises on turns, almost like the tires are rubbing in the wheel well, and it's completely stock.  I'll get it checked on my next scheduled maintenance.

My 2008 M3 had this exact problem you describe. It's a known issue and I noticed it for the first few months I had the car. I don't remember what the problem ended up being but it was repaired hassle-free. For a while, I thought it was all in my head, but it occurred regularly (but not consistently) enough that I knew there was something else going on.

Did your wife end up getting her X3 Qwerty??

We ordered our X5 on June 12th and it just finished production yesterday.  It's being shipped over from Spartanburg and should be here in a few weeks if not sooner.  We ended up going with the X5 Diesel after driving both that and the 35i.  I was really suprised on how quiet and clean burning the diesel was.

We got an awesome deal at $500 over invoice but then we applied the ECO rebate of $4500, Drive Event Discount of $1000, USAA Credit of another $2500, BMW loyalty $1500 which totaled $9000 under invoice.  :D

We went through Crevier and so far it has been a plesant experience.  If you need a name of the salesman that helped us which I highly recommend, just PM me for the info. 

Homer - congrats on the X5, that is a very nice car.

My wife held of of getting the new X3, the sales girl we were working with at Crevier was really good so we are good there, thanks though.  My wife was going to give her X3 to her mom but her mom then decided she was just going to get a new car. After borrowing the X3 for the day from Crevier she was still considering just moving forward with the X3. During the decision process though she got a new job and drives a little farther now, we are probably going to buy this year (likely in irvine) so she decided to hold off until we buy a place so we know how many miles she will be driving per year and then take it from there. 

qwerty said:
Homer - congrats on the X5, that is a very nice car.

My wife held of of getting the new X3, the sales girl we were working with at Crevier was really good so we are good there, thanks though.  My wife was going to give her X3 to her mom but her mom then decided she was just going to get a new car. After borrowing the X3 for the day from Crevier she was still considering just moving forward with the X3. During the decision process though she got a new job and drives a little farther now, we are probably going to buy this year (likely in irvine) so she decided to hold off until we buy a place so we know how many miles she will be driving per year and then take it from there.

Oh ok! Good luck on the home purchase :)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
we are probably going to buy this year (likely in irvine)
This is all I got out of your post.

What happened to taking your talents to Lake Forest?

this might be the year of house buying for the TI'ers...of the more frequent posters, i think the following have stated desire to buy soon: me, ps9, homer, qwerty, iho...who am i missing?  and USCT bought earlier in WI. 

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

if it was my call we would be in lake forest at KBs whisler ridge, i really like the floor plans and value compared to irvine - although my commute would have gotten worse.  my wife and her parents werent terribly fond of the area.  my wife really values her moms opinion which i dont understand at all.  right now our choices are a Las Ventanas Plan 2 (waiting for the release next to the models since those will have a bigger yard), maricopa plan 1, the field plan 1 at lambert ranch.  I did sign up with USC at Sage, the plan 3 is decent, but the main reason were some of those oversized lots.  One other option that we are stongly considering are Augustas Plan 1 or 3, they are on their last phase there, we really like the central location and those two floor plans. My only concern is the school district, although by the time we had kids and they are ready for kindergarden you are looking at about 6 years out. The sales lady said one elementary was already built but not enough kids, and said they would build another high school and elementary in the legacy area. TBD

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

if it was my call we would be in lake forest at KBs whisler ridge, i really like the floor plans and value compared to irvine - although my commute would have gotten worse.  my wife and her parents werent terribly fond of the area.  my wife really values her moms opinion which i dont understand at all.  right now our choices are a Las Ventanas Plan 2 (waiting for the release next to the models since those will have a bigger yard), maricopa plan 1, the field plan 1 at lambert ranch.  I did sign up with USC at Sage, the plan 3 is decent, but the main reason were some of those oversized lots.  One other option that we are stongly considering are Augustas Plan 1 or 3, they are on their last phase there, we really like the central location and those two floor plans. My only concern is the school district, although by the time we had kids and they are ready for kindergarden you are looking at about 6 years out. The sales lady said one elementary was already built but not enough kids, and said they would build another high school and elementary in the legacy area. TBD

Did you say The Field plan1?  Won't that be a different price point?  If so why consider the others?  If ur hitting up to $900 why not a resale?

ps9 said:
Did you say The Field plan1?  Won't that be a different price point?  If so why consider the others?  If ur hitting up to $900 why not a resale?

I'm pretty conservative, so I'd rather stay in the 700-800k range but we could go into the 1.2-1.4M if we really wanted to. Id like to have the flexibility down the road to live on one income if we had to and not have to rely on two incomes to make the house payment.  As for why not resale, as USC can attest to, even if tw house was in good shape my wife always wants to personalize it with her taste so new construction makes the most sense. Heck we got into escrow on a house in recently where the kitchen was just redone and she still wanted to replace the granite, an it appeared to be a pretty good quality piece of granite. We ended up backing out because we weren't comfortable with the amount of Unpermitted work the current owners did. There is something about a new home that is always appealing. We are considering Sage because of some of the oversized lots that we would like for our dogs. Sage is probably a long shot though because of the lack of driveway and my wife thinks the curb appeal is 0.

I was on the new home train for awhile, kinda jumped off after Maricopa, got back on with Alderwood/Vista verde, and bailed again when I saw my vaulted ceilings in Tustin ranch (i have to have one!).  I had my doubts in resales, especially with all cash bidders, realtor shenanigans, and appraisal issues... But the more resales I saw the more I knew what I wanted,  and it helped me focus my search better.  Everyone likes new homes and a "blank" canvas to work on, but in the end the blank canvas offered by the new builders can be very limiting and costly too.  Good luck and keep us updated

Hmmm... just saw this thread after running into homer on the bmw board...  hey homer, can you pass me the name of your person over at Crevier?  Also, do you know what incentives are out there and what I could possible get an 35D for?  Unfortunately the Pcar aint gonna take 2 kids since the oldest hates being up against seat back. 

on another topic mentioned, I  roll strictly Hankook V12's since the rears go every 10K.    I last paid 950 for all 4 tires, mount/balance, alignment over in industry which less than the price of 2 PSS

AKIM- Just pmed ya brother. Run the numbers by me and I'll let you know how they look.

Picked the wife's x5 Tuesday and there was a big red bow on top.. :)

26b3e065.jpg

Dang... what a baller.

Picture is kind of blurry though... or is that my contact lens acting up.  :p

How does the Infinity 7-seater stack up to this?

i like how you blurred you and your wife out :)  but small problem...you are way too thin for a donut shop owner so i think i have to call BS on this pic ;)

did you do the bow or did the dealer do that for you?

Btw, I noticed today that PenFed dropped their interest rates for the car loans again...from 1.99% to 1.49% (both for new and used car purchases).  I feel like I'm getting ripped off by having a 2.49% interest rate on my car loan through them (got it last year in May).

homer_simpson said:
AKIM- Just pmed ya brother. Run the numbers by me and I'll let you know how they look.

Picked the wife's x5 Tuesday and there was a big red bow on top.. :)
She didn't like apline white???  ???  :eek:

USCTrojanCPA said:
Btw, I noticed today that PenFed dropped their interest rates for the car loans again...from 1.99% to 1.49% (both for new and used car purchases).  I feel like I'm getting ripped off by having a 2.49% interest rate on my car loan through them (got it last year in May).

can u refi a car loan?

rkp said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

can u refi a car loan?
Yes, you can refi car loans but you can't refi a PenFed car loan with another PenFed car loan. 

Back