Better Location for Resale in Irvine

paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Going up Jeffrey at 5pm is so painful now... as bad or worse than Culver. Going up Sand Canyon not as bad but getting worse.

Where's this on YF's matrix? 

Traffic will only get worse heading to/from EW/SG/OH and same applies to/from PS/PP, unless you use the toll road.

People value Irvine due to it's conveniences.  Schools within walking distance, close to jobs, airport, shopping, beaches, universities, etc..  As that convenience diminishes with traffic, doesn't the allure of some of these neighborhoods decrease even a little bit?

Nope because traffic is everywhere...people don't stop living in NYC, Tokyo, Shanghai, etc. because the traffic is bad. 

Irvinecommuter said:
paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Going up Jeffrey at 5pm is so painful now... as bad or worse than Culver. Going up Sand Canyon not as bad but getting worse.

Traffic will only get worse heading to/from EW/SG/OH and same applies to/from PS/PP, unless you use the toll road.

People value Irvine due to it's conveniences.  Schools within walking distance, close to jobs, airport, shopping, beaches, universities, etc..  As that convenience diminishes with traffic, doesn't the allure of some of these neighborhoods decrease even a little bit?

Nope because traffic is everywhere...people don't stop living in NYC, Tokyo, Shanghai, etc. because the traffic is bad.

People dont drive in NYC, Tokyo.  (cant say about Shanghai).  And yes people live in Irvine in part due to convenience.  You never have to leave Irvine if you dont want to. 

hello said:
Irvinecommuter said:
paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:

People dont drive in NYC, Tokyo.  (cant say about Shanghai).  And yes people live in Irvine in part due to convenience.  You never have to leave Irvine if you dont want to.

But if you want to save money on food and other services then you do..

paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Blasphemy! To the pit of misery!
#dillydilly

hello said:

Someone should tell all the bleeping people in cars there that.

Irvinecommuter said:
I actually don't like PP that much.  I'm not a yard person and everything is way too spread out for me. 

You are TIC's prime demographic.

And polar opposite of Liar Loan in more than just politics. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
I actually don't like PP that much.  I'm not a yard person and everything is way too spread out for me. 

We had this discussion before...PP v. Stonegate.  I like being able to walk to the local park/pool with my kids and don't need the headache of taking care of my yard.  I can BBQ at the pool and let someone else maintain it.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

We had this discussion before...PP v. Stonegate.  I like being able to walk to the local park/pool with my kids and don't need the headache of taking care of my yard.  I can BBQ at the pool and let someone else maintain it.

The idea of having a yard is great, until you have to constantly take care of it.  The same goes for a pool.  Again, back to the convenience factor....most of us Irvinites have small kids, and I for one will opt for convenience over most everything else. 

paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

The idea of having a yard is great, until you have to constantly take care of it.  The same goes for a pool.  Again, back to the convenience factor....most of us Irvinites have small kids, and I for one will opt for convenience over most everything else. 

For me, the yard is not really that important but I like what the yard gives you: space between your neighbors. And let?s be honest, no one?s taking care of their own yard in Irvine. Every day on next door are posts asking for gardener recs.

bones said:
paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

For me, the yard is not really that important but I like what the yard gives you: space between your neighbors. And let?s be honest, no one?s taking care of their own yard in Irvine. Every day on next door are posts asking for gardener recs.

Sure but then I have to pay someone more money to take care of a bigger yard and then doe things like replanting or fix sprinklers etc.  The privacy thing is certainly a plus but most Irvine neighborhoods are pretty quiet.

bones said:
paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Would you rather have a bigger yard or a house on a corner lot with a smaller yard (https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/42-Kingsbury-92620/home/40101781)?

paydawg said:
bones said:
paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Would you rather have a bigger yard or a house on a corner lot with a smaller yard (https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/42-Kingsbury-92620/home/40101781)?

Depends on the corner.  I know of a lot of horror stories of cars going into corner lots due to bad drivers.

paydawg said:
bones said:
paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Depends on which corner and what the yardage difference is.  I would rather buy a non-corner Pavilion Park 2500-3000 sf house on a 6000 sf lot for similar $$ than that Stonegate house. Remember, there can only be so many corner homes so if everyone wants privacy, it?s nice to have larger lots to choose from too. But of course this is Irvine.

paydawg said:
bones said:
paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

The only time we bought a resale we had a corner lot. Lots of teenagers sat around drinking and smoking on the sidewalk late into the night which I knew cuz they were L O U D. Plus there was more car noise with teenagers rounding the corner. And this was gated Irvine.

Would I get a corner lot again? No. I look for exactly the same thing, house in the middle of the development, in the middle of the street (which is a street off the bigger streets), few windows facing afternoon sun.

That ends up being the most quiet street with the fewest theft issues and the best for keeping the house cool.

bones said:
paydawg said:
bones said:
paydawg said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Depends on which corner and what the yardage difference is.  I would rather buy a non-corner Pavilion Park 2500-3000 sf house on a 6000 sf lot for similar $$ than that Stonegate house. Remember, there can only be so many corner homes so if everyone wants privacy, it?s nice to have larger lots to choose from too. But of course this is Irvine.

Fair enough.  If you find any PP homes for that size lot and similar $$, let me know.  I might be interested!  Everything I'm currently seeing has much smaller lots. 

Burn That Belly said:
Off topic but related. (#VillageWars!)

TBF...they leveled out Beacon Park as well.  Stonegate has been building out for 4.5 years...almost done but probably took an extra year or so. 

Back