Mety said:
Burn That Belly said:
Liar Loan said:
Mety said:
Liar Loan said:
chic_irvini said:
Baker ranch, Lake Forest VS Portola Springs III, Irvine

Which location is better for resale?

Which area has the best schools?  Irvine has been slipping in the rankings a little, but probably still beats those other schools. 

Never underestimate the desire of Asian tiger moms to overpay for a top-ranked school district.

Borrowing from a TIC rep Burn That Yellow Belly's terminology , would you buy Buick or Hyundai?
BR would be cheaper for monthly payments even with a bigger house and a yard.
But PS3 is still in Irvine with better schools and hopefully with better future developments around including the infamous Veteran's Cemetery.
And yes, where Asian kids are, there will be 10 out of 10 school rankings.
The villages where there are less Asian kids in Irvine, the schools have been at 6 or 7 (even 5) out of 10 ranking lately in elementary schools.
But then again, it's just an elementary school. So who the heck cares, right?

Just to be clear, I wouldn't recommend actually sending your kids to one of Irvine's Ivy League sweatshops (too much emphasis on AP scores/GPA to the detriment of everything else), but the connection between school rankings and property values is unmistakable.  Asian tiger students boost the GreatSchools statistics that homebuyers use when deciding what homes are worth in a given area.  (Just don't forget to read the comments to find the real scoop if you plan on sending your kids there.)

Always bet on Asians and their children and their overseas husband's unscrupulous businesses..

If you follow that philosophy, you can safely bet/invest in any city where these folks flock to. Not just in Irvine. Arcadia..San Marino..

So can we live in OH and send our kids to Northwood elementary (7/10)?

As I mentioned before and Liar Loan seems to agree, nobody cares about elementary school. Do you put that on your resume?  If so, one should also put that they eat only grass-fed beef, non-GMO, and only organic. A healthy employee is worth 5% more in salary than a non-healthy fast-food eating employee who's obese, constantly sick, taking sick days, driving up medical costs for the company.

If you didn't catch yet, I don't give a crap about elementary schools being 10/10. Let me actually say more accurately. I don't wanna send my kids to certain 10/10 schools becuase I don't want them to be around nerds who only care about GPAs and their parents fantasy.
I'm more curious if I can still send my kids to rather 7/10 schools while we live in 10/10 village.
#idontgiveacrapabouttophighschooleither

Can you define what constitutes a 10/10 village?

I meant a village with a 10 out of 10 ranking elementary school. You know those little kids with their parents sending them to math schools so that they've already mastered Calulus?
But looks like there aren't much 10/10 Irvine elementary schools anymore. Even that prideful Stonegate is 9 now.

I see. So your reason for wanting to live in a 10/10 "school-ranked" village is for the appreciation/resale value, is that correct?

Heck yeah. If I'm spending $1M (which is usual spending now), I would care about the resale value for sure.
It's all about the appreciation and smart investment, right?

Care to give me a hint as to which 10/10 village you picked?  Don't say Hyundai!

Nah. I chose BMW. Some might call it Rolls Royce.
I take your advice and preaching pretty seriously.

Back