Better Location for Resale in Irvine

WTTCHMN said:
Burn That Belly said:
The trailer homes are actually unicorns. Where can you find "Irvine living" for only $350K these days? The Groves is where you find it! You get to reap in all the benefits without paying exorbitant MR and HOA. Not to mention, it's GATED!!!!  And it's zoned to NW high! hahaha ;D

3bed for $350K. WOW. This is 1996 prices in Irvine.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/5200-Irvine-Blvd-92620/unit-223/home/5977177

Only a fool would pass this place up and pick Travata.

Don't forget all the amenities - pools, spa, gym, community garden, putting green, lawn bowling, bocce ball....

sounds like GP without all the mello-roos.
I like the Groves mobile home park because it is a very nice community and no TI forum members live there.

eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Zion said:
i like bigger yard better than no yard. i prefer traditional home styles than modern...
however...
based on what i've read from talkirvine and seen from redfin and zillow sales history, the resale might be the easiest at eastwood, then following stonegate, cypress village, and pavilion park. it might really depend how it's priced though. i don't live in any of those villages so i'm not biased.
if i had enough money to full cash buy, then i might choose parasol park from these.
if not from these, then hidden canyon or turtle rock.

But the trailer homes across the streeet. Jk

The trailer homes are actually unicorns. Where can you find "Irvine living" for only $350K these days? The Groves is where you find it! You get to reap in all the benefits without paying exorbitant MR and HOA. Not to mention, it's GATED!!!!  And it's zoned to NW high! hahaha ;D

3bed for $350K. WOW. This is 1996 prices in Irvine.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/5200-Irvine-Blvd-92620/unit-223/home/5977177

It?s like the jail to baker ranch. (Don?t want to see it)

I like to add to my comment:
Baker ranch is a nice community and good amenities. I?ve been there a couple of times.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Zion said:
i like bigger yard better than no yard. i prefer traditional home styles than modern...
however...
based on what i've read from talkirvine and seen from redfin and zillow sales history, the resale might be the easiest at eastwood, then following stonegate, cypress village, and pavilion park. it might really depend how it's priced though. i don't live in any of those villages so i'm not biased.
if i had enough money to full cash buy, then i might choose parasol park from these.
if not from these, then hidden canyon or turtle rock.

But the trailer homes across the streeet. Jk

It?s like the jail to baker ranch. (Don?t want to see it)

I like to add to my comment:
Baker ranch is a nice community and good amenities. I?ve been there a couple of times.
'

It is nice and no mello roos! 

wow $350k and no space rent?  I should buy this place and rent it out, would probably be cash flow positive.

aquabliss said:
wow $350k and no space rent?  I should buy this place and rent it out, would probably be cash flow positive.

Its owner own, owner occupied. Then you have to pass the second test 55 or older. This would def. be cashflow positive for rental comps. You just have to convince HOA the two items above and get around with the restrictions. Almost impossible.

If Trump visited that location he probably would say:
Nice people. Not nice as me. But a great location next to EW. That?s what people tell me. They really do!!
But you guys are really wonderful, special people. Yes they are special. Look at the YUGE crowd, really big.

(Just joking)

Burn That Belly said:
Compressed-Village said:
aquabliss said:

Its owner own, owner occupied. Then you have to pass the second test 55 or older. This would def. be cashflow positive for rental comps. You just have to convince HOA the two items above and get around with the restrictions. Almost impossible.

No millennial renter is going to want to live around senile folks, especially ones who are vocal about their 2nd amendment rights. There is nothing crazier than a senior citizen armed and ready to die because he's already dying soon anyways.

Careful BTB, one of those senile old crazies may wander across Irvine Blvd into Eastwood with his sidearm and encounter an FCB, all bets are off after that.  There goes the neighborhood. 

I do know one residents of the Groves, him and his wife love it there and they take walks around Eastwood in the afternoon.  Nice guy though, you have nothing to worry about :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Zion said:
however...

Another BTB victim. :)

aren't homes from eastwood and stonegate selling faster than other villages though? it could be investors buying up as rental properties. i prefer pavailion park's style since it has more character and the elevation seems to be a well mixture of traditional and modern, but after seeing how much mello-roos you have to pay, i wanna look else where.

Burn That Belly said:
Zion said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zion said:
however...

aren't homes from eastwood and stonegate selling faster than other villages though? it could be investors buying up as rental properties. i prefer pavailion park's style since it has more character and the elevation seems to be a well mixture of traditional and modern, but after seeing how much mello-roos you have to pay, i wanna look else where.

It's selling faster due to location. Everything under $1M is all sold out in EW as far as I know and Delano is the only one left. Unfortunately, they can't seem to build Delano fast enough. The release is like one phase per 2 months.

Homes in the $1.5M are harder to sell in EW due to competition with OH3 and Altair. At that price point, you're cross-shopping between Mercedes AMG, Maserati, Aston Martins, Porsche, BMW M, and Land Rover. It becomes rich people problem to decide what to buy. However, at the $50K car price point, the choices are very easy.  BMW hands down.

high maintenance cost

Old people are more likely to crush a farmers market with their cadillac seville then shoot you.  unless you are burgling their house.  Then they'll cap u.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
Zion said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zion said:
however...

It's selling faster due to location. Everything under $1M is all sold out in EW as far as I know and Delano is the only one left. Unfortunately, they can't seem to build Delano fast enough. The release is like one phase per 2 months.

Homes in the $1.5M are harder to sell in EW due to competition with OH3 and Altair. At that price point, you're cross-shopping between Mercedes AMG, Maserati, Aston Martins, Porsche, BMW M, and Land Rover. It becomes rich people problem to decide what to buy. However, at the $50K car price point, the choices are very easy.  BMW hands down.

high maintenance cost

the house or the car?  BMW 3 series are not that expensive to maintain... honestly. If you are taking the car to the dealer to get oil changes and brake pads after warranty service, you deserve to get reamed.

Parts and labor costs are higher. For reals. It is really, that?s what people tell me. Unbelievably high.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Parts and labor costs are higher. For reals. It is really, that?s what people tell me. Unbelievably high.

DIY man. You're asian. F&F days. We use to drop transmissions and pull cylinder heads to replace the head gasket. Brake pads and oil changes are like no brainers. Buy the parts wholesale price on eBay and do it yourself. I've done it countless times. Saved thousands. The only thing I couldn't do was drop the subframe to get to the turbos because I don't have a lift.

BMW's break down more often than Ford's, so you better have good rice rocket / street racer skills if you want to drive German.  You're going to be working on it all of the time, or else footing the bill for "luxury" repairs.

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:

DIY man. You're asian. F&F days. We use to drop transmissions and pull cylinder heads to replace the head gasket. Brake pads and oil changes are like no brainers. Buy the parts wholesale price on eBay and do it yourself. I've done it countless times. Saved thousands. The only thing I couldn't do was drop the subframe to get to the turbos because I don't have a lift.

I don?t have a small auto mechanic shop in my garage. (No offense to people that do)

eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
Zion said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zion said:
however...

high maintenance cost

the house or the car?  BMW 3 series are not that expensive to maintain... honestly. If you are taking the car to the dealer to get oil changes and brake pads after warranty service, you deserve to get reamed.

Or just lease so the dealer will cover all those maintenance. But I think I saw in some other thread you are against lease.  >:D

Back